"We’ve concluded that we can best serve small employers by continuing this offline process while we concentrate on both creating a smoothly functioning online experience in the SHOP Marketplace, and adding key new features, including an employee choice option and premium aggregation services, by November 2014," the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services wrote in a Q&A distributed to health law stakeholders.There have multiple delays with this program. Back in April, the employee choice option which is intended to allow employees to pick their own plans was delayed until 2015. In September, the administration announced that SHOP would not be online Oct. 1 as intended, but said it would be ready by the end of November. So yet another delay is frustrating, but at least we'll be spared all the stories about what a nightmare the website is for small business owners signing up. And you know we would have been inundated with those horror stories.
Health law supporters expressed frustration at the decision, but said they still support the overall goal of making it easier for small businesses to shop for coverage.
"It’s disappointing that the online portion of the federal small business marketplace through Healthcare.gov will be delayed and it’s important it get up and running as soon as possible," said John Arensmeyer, president of the Small Business Majority, a non-profit that supports the Affordable Care Act. "However, it doesn’t change the fact that the marketplace can offer the most competitive combination of price and quality for small businesses purchasing health insurance."
The Obama administration announced today that is delaying the online launch of the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) exchange for a year. It opened on Oct. 1 with paper applications and the website was supposed to have been operational by the end of November. The administration is working on other options for small business owners to shop for and purchase plans for their businesses, primarily through insurance brokers or agents.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Aspe4, 88kathy, whenwego, boadicea, sunbro, Pluto, PatConnors, Habitat Vic, puakev, LillithMc, Involuntary Exile, divineorder, BlueFranco, annieli, whaddaya, ratcityreprobate, jham710, DRo, Mr Robert, poopdogcomedy, northerntier, Not A Bot, CJB2012
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Joan McCarter
- ...it could actually be several hundred dollars lower. A week ago I posted a story in which I busted Michigan State Senator Patrick Colbeck for blatantly spewing nonsense numbers about the ACA in ...16 comments 109 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...506 comments 393 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...115 comments 273 Recs
- Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!86 comments 164 Recs
- In Paraguay, a 10 year old girl was being raped by her step-father. Her mother reported the abuse to authorities but was ignored. The child's stomach began to swell and the mother, thinking ...25 comments 52 Recs
- Wow, Mitt Romney. Just wow. At a time when even many Republicans are pretending to care about ...75 comments 69 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 134 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...135 comments 58 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 60 Recs
- Ho. Lee. Crap. Check out this press release from Florida Governor and Lord Voldemort impersonator Rick Scott:35 comments 52 Recs
Joan McCarter's Tags
- No current results.
Joan McCarter's Blogroll
- No current results.