- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Know your potheads:
- Daddy Cruz is going rogue:
On Monday, Cruz, the father of Sen. Ted Cruz, endorsed the Garland Republican in her bid to beat incumbent Pete Sessions in the March primary for the 32nd Congressional District seat. [...]
Former Dallas County Republican Party chairman Jonathan Neerman, a Sessions supporter, said Rafael Cruz’s endorsement would not be a big boost for Pierson.
“He’s speaking for himself,” Neerman said. “Ted Cruz has not endorsed in this race.”
- Perhaps the greatest potential candidate of all time?
A Gallatin man who made national headlines when state wildlife officials confiscated his pet raccoon last year has announced he is running for governor.
Mark “Coonrippy” Brown, 55, pulled a petition for the office on Friday with intentions to challenge incumbent Gov. Bill Haslam in the Republican primary in August.
“This is all about the raccoon,” Brown said.
Brown said his letter to TWRA officials seeking a permit went unanswered and a petition to Haslam with over 60,000 signatures was returned unopened.
“Gov. Haslam ignored the cries from the entire United States,” he said. [...]
“He can free prisoners, he can pardon people, but he refused the online petition and refused to accept the letter,” he said. “All eyes were on Tennessee and it made us look bad. It made it look like we were under Caesar’s law.”
- Surprising absolutely no one:
Sen. John McCain said he is still "looking very seriously" at a sixth Senate run in 2016 during an interview on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" Monday night.
"I think there is a lot going on. I'm at the top of my game so I'm very happy to have the chance," McCain said.
- In case you missed it:
So here is a tale of justice of sorts: Joe Rickey Hundley, the former executive from Idaho who slapped a crying toddler on a Delta flight as it was on approach to Atlanta last February, has been sentenced to eight months in federal prison for the assault. He had pleaded guilty in October in a plea bargain that was supposed to have given him a six-month sentence, but the judge gave Hundley more time because he had a previous criminal history including an assault. And also, who the hell slaps a baby and yells “shut that n****r baby up” while doing it? Oh yes: this guy.
- How cold is it?
- And speaking of the cold weather, it really brings out the stupid in people.
- Each year, Netroots Nation asks for your help in developing and organizing the sessions you’ll attend at Netroots Nation. It's that time again, as we prepare for NN14 in Detroit, Michigan (July 17-20). Your submissions will help NN14 feature an inclusive agenda and help shape the national dialog for progressives in the coming months. If you have an idea for a diverse panel that can help the broader progressive movement, help empower and motivate activists, please submit it. You can get the guidelines and the submission form here.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined us to share his round-up. A compromise spending bill may avert another gov't shutdown. Liz Cheney drops out. Brookings discovers that "trickle-down" doesn't & both parties move to stake out an economic inequality position. Monte Frank & CT delegation write, "Gun violence survivor carries a message for us all." A new book & a film about the 1971 FBI break-in that yielded the COINTELPRO documents, and the sudden change in the FBI's "primary mission" led us to spend an awful lot of time thinking about the ground that post-Watergate reforms of all sorts have lost to reactionary Republicans.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, JeffW, divineorder, annieli, wintergreen8694, ratcityreprobate, Rejoinder, Dodgerdog1, LilPeach
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 132 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 59 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.