Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) gave the official GOP response and laid down some stunning, bald-faced lies but did it in such a boring, Mom-next-door kind of way:
- the "trusts people to make their own decisions, not a government that decides for you" except of course when it comes to a woman's right to choose. But that goes without saying, right?
- the GOP "helps working families rise above the limits of poverty." Except when they slash government aid and oppose raising the minimum wage.
- the GOP "protects our most vulnerable." Except when they slash social services for the mentally ill or oppose the Violence Against Women Act or slash funding to help vets returning from Iraq or Afghanistan.
Sen. Lindsay Grahama (R-SC): "The world is literally about to blow up and our president did not really paint a fair picture of the threats we face."
Jim Garrow: Obama should be put down like a rabid dog. Nice.
Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) uses Twitter to attack Obama during SOTU then goes on Rachel Maddow's Show and goes ballistic.
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) threatens reporter live on air after SOTU because reporter asked about his corruption scandal. Now nobody will ask about it for sure. Maybe it was the steroids talking. He has a history of threatening people. Grimm apologizes to reporter. Maybe that will make it go away?
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN): Obama is not a King so we'll sue him.
6 craziest reactions to Obama's SOTU speech.
Round-up of RWNJ tweeting about SOTU.
And now for your Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) round-up:
- Because "going postal" doesn't have a nice enough ring to it, he wants to let people bring guns into post offices.
- Sen. Paul also thinks we need to penalize women who have kids out of wedlock.
- And finally, Paul is confident that the GOP can win back young voters.
- When GOP Leadership rip the SOTU response that you volunteered to give without being asked to do it by anyone as blatant self-promotion, they might be on to something essential about you.
RWNJ radio host Gordon Klingenschmitt: It should be illegal to recruit minors into homosexual sin.
The right wing christianists go bonkers over yet another christianist child getting their christianist rights all stomped on by some Jesus-hating, Satan-loving teacher. Except that's not what happened. At. All.
Bob Vander Plaatz is the head of The Family Leader. He's thinking of running for US Senate in Iowa. His views of what government is and should be are totally insane.
American Family Association's Bryna Fischer: Did Beyonce and Katie Perry sell their souls to The Devil?
Breitbart.com Editor-At-Large Ben Shapiro: Hollywood will doom marriage equality.
Michelle Malkin: billionaires getting bullied.
Eric Bolling of Fox News fails to paint Obama as hypocrite on executive orders.
Charles Payne of Fox Business: Tom Perkins ahead of the curve with his Kristallnacht comparison.
Fox News Nina Easton: Government aid programs like disability benefits consign people to poverty. It couldn't be poverty doing it. No way.
Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK): GOP is never going to stop trying to repeal Obamacare. This is a picture perfect definition of insanity.
All Texas GOP Lt. Gov candidates want creationism taught in school.