You can click here to add your name:My opponents believe states have the authority to ban contraceptives.
They recently declared their support for restricting women’s access to contraceptives. They also support what’s called a “personhood” amendment -- an idea so far on the fringe that it could threaten infertility treatments and in-vitro fertilization procedures.
North Carolina women should have the same access to birth control that they have to any other safe, approved prescription medication. The decision to use it should be left to them, in consultation with their doctors, their families, and their faith.
Stand with me in support of women’s access to contraception. Sign our petition today.
Politicians in Washington should not be in the equation.The agenda my opponents are advocating for is dangerous for women in North Carolina and across the country. And please know I am doing my best to fight against it.
You can, too -- just click here to sign the petition and support women’s access to contraceptives.
As the mother of two daughters, I know the importance of protecting a woman’s right to make her own health care decisions. And as a Senator, I will continue to ensure that no one -- especially not politicians -- can stand in the way of women and their doctors.
Thank you for joining me.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC) regarding her GOP opponent's roles in the War On Women:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
whenwego, basquebob, Thinking Fella, bear83, Youffraita, spacecadet1, RhodaA, JGibson, MessagingMatters
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.