Click here to add your name:Sixty-five. That’s the percentage of Americans who said they support extending unemployment insurance benefits in a recent CBS News poll.
Rarely in these polarized times do we see people so united in support of an issue, but this one is a no-brainer. Jobless Americans are selling their possessions for gas money to get to job interviews, deciding between filling needed prescriptions or filling their stomachs, and being evicted from their homes because they can’t afford to pay the rent.
It’s just not right that this would be happening in the United States of America, especially when Republicans in Congress could ease the pain of millions of unemployed people at any moment by passing an unemployment insurance extension right now.
Help us pressure congressional Republicans to pass the unemployment insurance extension.Sign the petition by Senator Jeanne Shaheen, Governor Maggie Hassan and the Democratic Governors Association demanding that congressional Republicans pass the unemployment insurance extension.
Republicans know they’re on the wrong side of this issue, but they are stubbornly refusing to give in unless they get their way.
It seems that every day more Republicans are feeling the heat and changing their minds, but nevertheless five votes have failed so far in the U.S. Senate. The recent procedural vote got 59 votes—one short of the 60 needed to overcome a Republican filibuster.
We are so close to getting this done—but we’re not there yet.
Sign the petition to extend unemployment insurance.
I know we can count on you.
Democratic Governors Association
Received this e-mail today on behalf of Governor Maggie Hassan (D), Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D. NH) and the Democratic Governors Association regarding the House Republicans and UI benefits:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...44 comments 43 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...4 comments 8 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...54 comments 37 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.