Click here to add your name:Did you know that nearly 1.6 million Americans earn the federal minimum wage -- only $7.25 per hour?
That's just under $300 each week for folks to buy groceries for their families, heat their homes, buy clothes for their kids, and fill up their gas tanks. That's hardly enough to make ends meet.
Hard-working Americans across the country deserve the dignity of earning a living wage for putting in an honest day's work.
It's time for Congress to step up and give low income workers a raise. That's why I'm working with my colleagues in Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
Click here to add your name and demand Congress raise the minimum wage now!
Raising the minimum wage isn't just a moral issue -- it would also give a much-needed boost to our recovering economy. Study after study prove raising the minimum wage will create jobs, improve the workforce, and have a positive effect on the overall economy.
And it would would mean a pay increase for approximately 96,000 workers here in Maine.
Politicians talk a lot about the promise of the American Dream. For the low income Americans making minimum wage, let's help make that promise a reality.
Join me and urge Congress to raise the minimum wage. Click here now to add your name.
Thank you for standing with me to raise the minimum wage. Together, we can make sure Congress acts to help lift families out of poverty.
All the best,
Received this e-mail today from Congressman and gubernatorial candidate, Mike Michaud (D. ME), regarding the minimum wage:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...371 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.