Click here to add your name:A recent ruling in Washington, D.C. could threaten the free and open Internet.
It overturned a rule that prevented companies from “throttling” Internet traffic: slowing down sites they don’t like, speeding up sites they do like, and charging customers more for the privilege.
It’s a bit technical, but the bottom line is that big corporations, not people, will have more power over what gets seen and said online.
That’s unacceptable. A free and open Internet helps to preserve free speech, promote innovation, and help small companies compete. And it must be preserved.
So we’re pushing back. I’m gathering signatures from people all across America to fight for net neutrality, and I hope you’ll join our cause.
I’ve put together a petition to call for protection of the free and open Internet. Add your support to mine and thousands of others -- sign the petition today.
Thank you for your support.
Received this e-mail from Senator Tom Udall (D. NM) today regarding net neutrality:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
glitterscale, rubyr, KayCeSF, Gowrie Gal, blueoasis, LinSea, Denise Oliver Velez, Lava20, paradise50, jan4insight, belinda ridgewood, Glen The Plumber, George3, nomandates, remembrance, LeftieIndie
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.