Roberts was in Kansas for all or part of 65 days in 2012. The Senate was in session in Washington for 149 days, although that figure includes a number of days when there were so-called pro forma sessions when no business was done. But even counting all the pro forma days as work days, that leaves 151 days in 2012 when the Senate was not meeting and Roberts was not in Kansas, versus the 65 days Roberts was in his home state.Including the pro forma days is very generous to Roberts, but even with those counted, he only spent 30 percent of his "free" time in his home state. And Roberts doesn't dispute the figures. Rather, he told York: "I don't measure my service in days. I try to measure it in results." The problem there is the word "I"—it doesn't matter what Roberts thinks. It matters what Republican primary voters think. Roberts may yet survive because his tea partying opponent, physician Milton Wolf, revealed himself as a ghoulish jackass, but all the accomplishments in the world don't matter if the folks voting for you think you're out of touch.
"Kansas" Sen. Pat Roberts
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
greenbird, eeff, Eyesbright, viral, gpoutney, kurt, Betty Pinson, slice, mikejay611, BarackStarObama, Vatexia, ratcityreprobate, Eric Nelson, RUNDOWN
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by David Nir
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 131 Recs
- Hello again! This is your first friendly REMINDER DIARY about our upcoming NYC MEETUP with very special guest PEREGRINE KATE. It also comes with a request for help. Original plans for where ...11 comments 13 Recs
- British Prime Minister David Cameron For over a hundred years, British politics has largely functioned as a three-party ...68 comments 78 Recs
- Alberta's May election has turned from a Tory cakewalk into a must-watch three-way fight. Here's whyAlberta Premier Jim Prentice of the Progressive Conservative Party It wasn't ...24 comments 36 Recs
- Bob Marley -- "Waiting in Vain"359 comments 4 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- 2014 U.S. House, Overall Win Margin Daily Kos Elections is pleased to present a comprehensive look back at the 2014 election results, illustrated with a broad ...36 comments 35 Recs
- That's not my opinion. That's what the data says.287 comments 146 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- Snowy ...72 comments 114 Recs
David Nir's Blogroll
- Subscribe to the Daily Digest
- Daily Kos Elections Mission Statement
- Daily Kos Elections Glossary
- Presidential Vote by Congressional Districts
- Presidential Vote by Legislative Districts
- Legislative District Maps
- Complete Redistricting Resources
- Primary Elections Calendar
- Legislative & Mayoral Elections Calendar
- Race Ratings
- Polling Database
- Election Outlook