Click here if you want to donate to Braley and Peters' campaigns:I've only been in the Senate for a little over a year now, but repeated Republican filibusters of legislation designed to lift people out of poverty is already getting old.
You might have already seen the news, but as of a few minutes ago, you can add raising the minimum wage to the list of bills blocked despite earning majority support.
It has me thinking... what will it take to breakthrough this unprecedented obstruction? And I think the answer is that we have to win a few tough races this November where raising the wage is a real campaign issue.
And there are two big ones that come to mind immediately: electing Gary Peters in Michigan and Bruce Braley in Iowa. They are each good friends from my time in the House, and both are squaring off against Tea Party darlings who would be sure to join in a filibuster the next time we vote to raise the minimum wage.Can I count on you to join me by splitting a $5 contribution between Bruce Braley (Iowa) and Gary Peter's (Michigan) U.S. Senate campaigns?
Raising the minimum wage should be a no-brainer, even in a divided Senate. The bill would lift millions out of poverty, reduce government spending on programs like food assistance, and support business by putting more money in the hands of customers.
A win for everyone - yet today, we lost.
Your contribution to these two must-win Senate campaigns will help ensure there's a different outcome next time this issue comes to a vote.
Thank you, again, for adding your contributions to mine.
All the best,
Received this e-mail today from Senator Chris Murphy (D. CT) in support of Reps. Bruce Braley (D. IA) and Gary Peters' (D. MI) U.S. Senate campaigns:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...44 comments 43 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...4 comments 8 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...54 comments 37 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.