The problem is not with responsible gun owners. The problem is that responsible gun owners don't do anything about jerk-offs like this.
See possible photo captions below. Add other options in comments if you so desire.
I treat this as an opportunity for levity and mockery. It is not at all funny if you are sitting down with your kids for a quick meal in this joint.
Horrible thing is, I think that unless the place is posted or an excluded area (public building, etc), this may be legal in Texas.
Young male employee in picture speaking. (Hint: He is the one without a rifle.)
1. This guy wants a Jumpin’ a Jack Flash with everything; the guy in orange at the far end wants an order of onion rings and a cherry coke with a sippy cup, and the guy next to me in the blue shirt will have two boxes of 250 rounds of 7.62mm. He wants you to ask the manager if this is the month, he gets a G.I. Jane action figure and a smoke grenade at half-prize with the ammo purchase?
2. The only reason they are in here is because their buddy in the blue shirt just shot off two of his fingers. Can you get them some napkins before he completely screws up my floor?
3. This one says they got a coupla deer and about half a BLM employee out in the pickup, if we want a really good deal on some fresh meat.
4. This guy doesn’t believe we have plasma cannons mounted in the corners. Would you show him we are serious?
5. On my way in to work, the cuff of my pants got splashed with some water from the shallow end of the gene pool and these guys followed me from there.
6. Alright. Starting again at my left. Curly, Larry, and Moe. Can you remember that?
7. Fine, just take the picture, but then you’ve got to tell these guys I am not Eddie Murphy?
8. Maria, I said that if someone really wants a re-fill on a drink, even if it is not policy, just give it to them, okay?
9. You think these dudes are smiling so big because of what they intend to do to me after the camera moves on?