- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The lethal confluence:
Reparations and talking about race, by Armando
The Daily Kos Elections Power Rankings: The States, by Steve Singiser
Blacklisting the Rainbow, by Denise Oliver Velez
Ten crazy places gun manufacturers want you to hide your guns, by Mark E Andersen
Gun control impotency is another failure of the traditional media, by Egberto Willies
No, Vox, let's not abolish the TSA, by Dante Atkins
- Herman Cain says he'll run for Prez in 2016 if God tells him to:
The pizza magnate, who at one point topped all Republican challengers during the 2012 Republican presidential primary before dropping out amidst allegations of multiple affairs, suggested on Saturday that he would return to the campaign trail in 2016 if called upon God to do so.
"I do not know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. And I trust in God," the Georgia restauranteur said at the annual Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, as quoted by the Washington Post.
- Mexican cartels reportedly are manufacturing drones for drug smuggling:
The cartel drone effort was reported by a Missouri drone lawyer last year and the security news site Americas Postes in 2010, and recently resurfaced by Quartz and Robotics Business Review. [...]
“Cartels are adaptive in their use of technology. And drones are a technology becoming more and more available,” said [Peter Singer, a UAV security and intelligence expert at the Brookings Institute]. “They will match new means to their old ends. The key questions for them as to whether they use drones more and more will be how they allow the cartel to evade surveillance or capture, and lower costs compared to traditional methods."
- In case you were wondering:
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appears to have shed as many as 85 pounds since his lap-band surgery last year and looks to be down to a healthier 230-something weight, according to experts. [...]
Both [Dr. Jessica] Barfield and Dr. David L. Katz, a director at the Prevention Research Center at Yale University’s School of Medicine, estimated that, based on the photos, in 2011 Christie had a body mass index (BMI) of about 45, which would put his weight at about 322 pounds. That’s considered extreme obesity. In the photos taken in 2014, Christie appears to have dropped to a BMI of 33, or roughly 236 pounds, the doctors said.
- "Brady Bunch" Ann B. Davis dead at 88.: Davis became famous playing Alice Nelson the housekeeper on the "The Brady Bunch." No cause of death has yet been determined.
More than a decade before scoring as the Bradys' loyal Alice, Davis was the razor-tongued secretary on another stalwart TV sitcom, "The Bob Cummings Show," which brought her two Emmys. Over the years, she also appeared on Broadway and in occasional movies.
[Retired Episcopal bishop Frey Bill [Frey] said Davis became part of his and his wife's "household community" after she re-embraced her Christian faith and left Hollywood behind [in 1976].
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, alphabet soup with Greg Dworkin: POW; EPA; VA. How the GOP accidentally forced a nat'l health care exchange. PsychoSuperMom's "GOP Hypocrisy Blues." How "open carry" hijacks national brands. Scott Brown's into something shady.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
navajo, twigg, BeninSC, LinSea, renzo capetti, annieli, Mr MadAsHell, wintergreen8694, enhydra lutris, belinda ridgewood, George3, Aunt Pat
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- "The time will come when our silence will be more powerful than the voices you strangle today." — August Spies, one of eight men convicted of the Haymarket Square bombing, moments before he was ...5 comments 5 Recs
- Can community policing be implemented without becoming warlordism a.k.a. an independent MoFo Po-Po. Rather than the Black Panthers, community self-defense may have to take more unusual ...10 comments 3 Recs
- It must be an interesting conversation to behold between the president and his people who are desperately trying to figure out how to prop up this piece of crap called the Trans Pacific Partnership. ...17 comments 20 Recs
- The May 19 GOP primary has turned incredibly ugly especially in the past few days. On Monday night, a woman who said she used to date state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer back in college ...4 comments 3 Recs
- Sometimes the left hand just doesn't know what the right ...17 comments 31 Recs
- Fight dumbassery everywhere you see it. We've been way too tolerant.276 comments 220 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...62 comments 48 Recs
- Missouri Republicans Are Waging a War Against the Poor, And They Are Winning As Veto Override Occurs36 comments 64 Recs
- The interactive map above shows which party was leading just after 11 PM EST and ...140 comments 156 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12323)
- Afghanistan (11497)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (24730)
- Community (90438)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2376)
- Economy (55929)
- eKos (12437)
- Environment (45751)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1195)
- International (14780)
- Jobs (12421)
- Labor (28323)
- Libya (4265)