Some things just speak for themselves. President Obama's list of accomplishments is among the most dismal in history. In fact he's been so awful, he's the only President I even care to remember. I've nearly blotted out the very idea of previous Presidents. I have some vague cellular shadow-memory of some guy on an aircraft carrier but dammit, the only other Presidents I can think of right now are those I see on those green bills when I open my wallet. Especially that Hamilton guy. Now that was a great President.
But I can tell you this--even if I can't remember a single thing about what those other Presidents did, I guarantee you this Barack Obama guy was the absolute worst. I know this because I read about it everywhere. I'm not stupid, I read everything I can on the Internet. And I guarantee you that back then when those other guys were Presidents, you could go on the Internet and while some people may not have liked everything they did, there was still nowhere near as many people posting about how horrible they were. So that should tell you something. This President is unique.
Let's look at Obama's sorry-assed record, shall we? Brace yourselves, cause it ain't pretty:
1. Passed Health Care Reform: After five presidents over a century failed to create universal health insurance, signed the Affordable Care Act (2010). It will cover 32 million uninsured Americans beginning in 2014 and mandates a suite of experimental measures to cut health care cost growth, the number one cause of America’s long-term fiscal problems.Here's some other of his miserable "accomplishments:"
2. Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth amid greatest recession since the Great Depression. Weeks after stimulus went into effect, unemployment claims began to subside. Twelve months later, the private sector began producing more jobs than it was losing, and it has continued to do so for twenty-three straight months, creating a total of nearly 3.7 million new private-sector jobs.
3. Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.
4. Ended the War in Iraq: Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. Last troops left on December 18, 2011.
5. Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan: From a peak of 101,000 troops in June 2011, U.S. forces are now down to 91,000, with 23,000 slated to leave by the end of summer 2012. According to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, the combat mission there will be over by next year.
6. Eliminated Osama bin laden: In 2011, ordered special forces raid of secret compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in which the terrorist leader was killed and a trove of al-Qaeda documents was discovered.
Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry
Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
Toppled Moammar Gaddafi
Reversed Bush Torture Policies
Improved America’s Image Abroad
Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, Expanded Pell Grant Spending
Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards
Coordinated International Response to Financial Crisis
Passed Mini Stimuli
Began Asia “Pivot"
Increased Support for Veterans
Created Conditions to Begin Closing Dirtiest Power Plants
Achieved New START Treaty
Improved Food Safety System
Expanded Wilderness and Watershed Protection
Gave the FDA Power to Regulate Tobacco
Invested Heavily in Renewable Technology
Crafting Next-Generation School Tests
Cracked Down on Bad For-Profit Colleges
I know, I know...the list is mind-numbingly awful. Mitt Romney could have done such a better job. At least he understood what America is supposed to stand for.
Here's some more examples of Obama's God-awful rottenness:
44. Pushed Broadband Coverage: Proposed and obtained in 2011 Federal Communications Commission approval for a shift of $8 billion in subsidies away from landlines and toward broadband Internet for lower-income rural families.Now the above was only as of 2012 (shudder). Since then it's been a little less horrible, because the Republicans (thank God!) have managed to block his more insane ideas, like reforming the immigration system, expanding national infrastructure improvements like highway and bridge repairs, spurring the economy with clean energy investments, raising the minimum wage, providing benefits to the jobless or creating lasting jobs programs. Still, the bastard has managed to bring the federal deficit down to its lowest level since he took office. Need more? Here's a more comprehensive list, but I refuse to link to it. It just makes me sick that we have to live in an era alongside such a terrible, rotten, terrible, bad, terrible President. It's not like he had any real challenges. And knowing the amazing accomplishments of that guy on the aircraft carrier just makes it all the more painful.
45. Expanded Health Coverage for Children: Signed 2009 Children’s Health Insurance Authorization Act, which allows the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to cover health care for 4 million more children, paid for by a tax increase on tobacco products.
46. Recognized the Dangers of Carbon Dioxide: In 2009, EPA declared carbon dioxide a pollutant, allowing the agency to regulate its production.
47. Expanded Stem Cell Research: In 2009, eliminated the Bush-era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research, which shows promise in treating spinal injuries, among many other areas.
I'm going to go back to my internet now and vent on some news chatboards where everyone else agrees with me how much Obama sucks.