This is the first trailer for the film about Alan Turing, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and if it doesn't choke you up to watch it knowing his story, then I don't know what you are doing around here. Alan Turing is the mathematician who is probably the single person most responsible for saving the world from the Nazis. His country rewarded him by arresting him for being gay and castrating him. He eventually committed suicide.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
PrahaPartizan, ybruti, radarlady, AoT, arlene, Clive all hat no horse Rodeo, papahaha, Tortmaster, peacearena, rja, FarWestGirl, antooo, FiredUpInCA, Alhambra, alx9090, allie4fairness, charlatan
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by AntonBursch
- Some people might remember me writing here about Trevor Noah and some of his most offensive tweets. "Tempest in a teapot" were some of my words. I am not only not taking those words back, I am ...25 comments 34 Recs
- Paul Krugman delivers a needed reality check to the "there's no difference between the 2 political parties" nonsense. On the social safety net: [A]ny Democrat would, if elected, seek to maintain ...155 comments 108 Recs
- It appears that an openly gay man will be Hillary Clinton's campaign manager in her bid ...144 comments 126 Recs
- And I mean stupid in the best way possible. The common refrain about The Fast and the Furious franchise is one needs to "turn off their brain" and just enjoy the cars, women, and action. To a ...35 comments 15 Recs
- And guess who they shared their intel with.... Israel Spied on Iran Nuclear Talks With U.S. Ally’s snooping upset White House because information was used to lobby Congress to try to sink a ...54 comments 28 Recs
- Full disclosure. I adore the Obama girls/women. I have enjoyed watching them grow up. I am a huge fan of their mother and respect her for the two beautiful daughters that she and the President ...355 comments 608 Recs
- Disclaimer: I am on the spectrum. This is the first diary I have ever written that is going to be pretty much only political. But I need to let people know ahead of time that I am not trying to ...437 comments 256 Recs
- "Oh, here we go again!" I thought. Like many people, I ended up discussing the Ray Rice/Janay Rice violent incident video. I wasn't careful enough and didn't control my eye roll. That irritated the ...170 comments 428 Recs
- The Senate just voted to advance a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United. For the first time in history, every single senator will be forced to say—on the record—whether or not ...156 comments 284 Recs
- Yesterday, Netflix announced that they’re joining the slowdown and will be displaying a prominent message sitewide tomorrow. That’s huge. We’re going to reach millions and millions of people ...13 comments 96 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.