Capitol Police confiscated a 9mm Ruger handgun from the bag of Camden, S.C., resident Ronald William Prestage shortly after 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning at the Cannon House Office Building. Prestage, 59, was arrested and charged with carrying a pistol without a license, a District of Columbia offense that carries up to five years in prison.The many scientific studies which show livestock production to be a major contributor to climate change also show that meat production, especially at current levels, to be a product which is unsustainable to carry into the future. So watch for more aggressive behavior coming from the meat industry as they try to hang on to their market share with complete disregard for the consequences.
Records indicate he has a concealed carry permit in South Carolina. Prestage is a veterinarian and farm operator, and is president-elect of the National Pork Producers Council. He may have been on the Hill to lobby on agriculture issues.
Two officers escorted Prestage from the building in handcuffs around 9:35 a.m., and loaded him into a waiting police van. He did not respond to questions from CQ Roll Call.
Will he shoot for a burger?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Iberian, TX Scotia, Laurence Lewis, Sandino, LinSea, annieli, Miggles, Pinto Pony, a2nite, Glen The Plumber, dotdash2u, remembrance
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by VL Baker
- The day has finally arrived! Bernie Sanders has announced that he's running for president, to save the country and the Democratic party. He's a brave man with a big heart, a sharp mind and ...343 comments 335 Recs
- Cross-Posted from DeSmogBlog Anthony “Tony” Podesta began lobbying in late 2013 on behalf of a company co-owned by ExxonMobil and Qatar Petroleum aiming to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) to ...37 comments 6 Recs
- The polls open UK wide in one week. But the most interesting part of the election is happening in Scotland. Here's a map of Scotland in 2010 along with the most recent Polling projections for ...359 comments 125 Recs
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...274 comments 425 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- Bolivia, a nation nestled high in the Andes, has a history steeped in struggle, populated by a peoples whose greatest accomplishment can be said to be their very survival. Cochabamba, one of the ...143 comments 159 Recs
- O'Malley sounds like a Progressive advocate to me. Check out his direct and straight-forward answers, the good Governor recently gave NPR: Transcript : NPR's Full Interview With Martin O'Malley npr.123 comments 84 Recs
- On Friday, in a conference call with reporters, President Obama accused Democratic critics of fast tracking the TPP of being "dishonest," particularly with regard to their claims that the deal is "...740 comments 366 Recs
- OK, so first the TPP, the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Nobody is allowed to see it, but it's going to pass. The White House is working with Republicans on this one . One of the things TPP will ...22 comments 32 Recs
- The stuff of science fiction movies is now here in reality. When I read this article I just paused in shock, opened my mouth and uttered the phrase I always utter at such moments: Holy Shit! As ...7 comments 24 Recs
VL Baker's Tags
- Beatles (920)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Industrial Meat Production (7)
- Meat (546)
- Meat Industry (3)
- Meat inspection (4)
- Meat Production (155)
- Meat Safety (5)
- Meatless (45)
- Meatless Advocate (5)
- Meatless Advocates Meet-up (3)
- Meatless Monday (626)
- Meatless Mondays (16)
- Meatpacking (18)
- Recommended (196744)
- The Yes We Can Pragmatists (8)
VL Baker's Blogroll
- No current results.