Posting History for 4mygirls
|The War on Women Is Only About Abortion
The entire content of the War On Women is abortion, so says Kathleen Parker in her September 30,2014 Op.Ed. I happened across it over the weekend in my parent's hometown paper. I have been stewing ...
|Email the FCC!
In a segment on his show, John Oliver gives an excellent, amusing, and a little NSFW, overview of the net neutrality situation. He invited all internet commenters to go to FCC.gov/comments . The ...
|Single Payer in New York State
NYS Senator Bill Perkins and Assembly Health Chair Richard N. Gottfried introduce a bill today calling for a single payer system called New York Health.
|Good News Club = Bad News?
A registration form came home from public school with my 4th grader last week. It is called an after school club, all boys and girls in grades 1-5 are invited regardless of religious background. It'...
|VAWA and a Republican meet
This morning I read an editorial in the local paper imploring Congress to pass the inclusive version of the VAWA . Imagine my surprise to find the author is a Republican Congressman. So thank you Rep.
|Let us Pray
There is an email going around asking us to all pray at the same time each day for our endangered country. My friend sends them to me, mainly because she knows I'll send a rebuttal. Her addition was ...
|My words for the Bishop
I was moved to write about the rule for contraception to be offered without co-pays by the homily I heard last Sunday. I suspect it is not the letter the Bishop hoped I'd write. I also forwarded a ...
|A Heartfelt Thank You
Just before I gathered the girls to go to a family New Year party, There were still 50 or so names on the wish list, mine among them. Oh well, I thought, it is like the scratch off lottery card my ...
|Drug Testing Pilot Program
This is the horrible lead in I heard on the local news tonight! The county Health and Human Services is OFFERING to be a pilot program for this nonsense. There is a very high percentage of residents ...
|I want to "reply all"!
My inbox was polluted with a right-wing email. From family, unfortunately. I am trying to compose myself to compose a reply. I just don't know where to begin. Anyone out there willing to help? It is ...
|Fiscally Irresponsible Religious Ideology
That's the phrase I used in my second letter to my state representative. I had given him a letter urging him to support some issues,including marriage equality and the Reproductive Health Act in the ...
|Update-Marriage Equality in NYS-letter to my Rep.
The town hall meeting was quite interesting. More of an informal chat.There were only 6 of us there, I was the only non-republican. As I said my piece, one older man ranted about "immoral,choice,blah,
|Marriage Equality in NYS-letter to my Rep.
My State Rep. is holding office hours in my small town. He is against marriage equality, so I thought I would drop off a personal note urging him to support it. Then I had the idea to ask for ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by 4mygirls
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- The video title says that Baltimore City Councilman Carl Stokes "Explodes" when CNN's Erins Burnett asked him "Isn't 'Thugs' the right word to describe these [looters and rioters in Baltimore]?" ...424 comments 569 Recs
- The Washington Times reports that the ACLU has filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) because it's been denying reproductive medical care ...22 comments 50 Recs
- I just saw this tweet and received MinistryOfTruth's permission to post something: Been effectively homeless for over a month now. I have money to rent a room if only I could find a room I can ...99 comments 330 Recs
- Pennsylvania's Republican-controlled legislature is trying to pass a law that would block Philadelphia's paid sick leave law retroactively and prevent other cities and towns in the state from ...4 comments 7 Recs
- As reported in the Huffington Post today, President Obama is saying some mighty strange things about Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I love Elizabeth. We're allies on a whole host of ...785 comments 335 Recs
- We had visitors in from the Midwest (Kansas City) this weekend, folks we hadn't seen in many years. This was their first trip to New York and they wanted to do touristy things, which was fine. Now ...356 comments 453 Recs
- Went on a "Wood Duck Wander" at Beaver Lake Nature Center in Baldwinsville, NY this morning. We managed to scare every Wood Duck in the park to the other side of the lake, so no good photos of them.5 comments 21 Recs
- From CNN: IBM has sent a letter to the governor of Louisiana warning that a pending religious freedom bill would create a hostile environment for the tech company's employees. IBM Vice President ...53 comments 135 Recs
- The Amazing Benghazi Brothers So there's this :141 comments 37 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.