Posting History for Alizarin Indigo
|Final Model of Today's New South Wales Election (Australia)
New South Wales (Australia) will be holding a state election today, the 28th of March, to decide the make-up of its parliament for the next 4 years. Currently New South Wales is governed by the ...
|Next Weekend's Victorian State Election Modeled with Venom
Victoria (Australia) is currently governed by the Coalition, a permanent coalition of the centre-right Liberal party and the rural National Party. The opposition is the centre-left Labor party. The ...
|Victorian State Election Modeling - With Venom
The next Victorian state election will be held on the 29th of November and public polling has begun to become more frequent, ReachTel, Galaxy, Essential, Morgan, Ipsos, and Newspoll have all ...
|Modelling the Victorian State Election - With Venom
Victoria is currently governed by the Coalition, a permanent coalition of the centre-right Liberal party and the rural National Party. The opposition is the centre-left Labor party. The Coalition ...
|Australian Federal Election (2016?) Modelling
It is now almost a year since the last Australian Federal election, which saw the centre-right Liberal/National Coalition defeat the governing centre-left Labor party and take a 90-55 seat advantage ...
|Analysis of Modelling the Australian Federal Election
This diary is an analysis of the model I developed to predict the seat-by-seat outcome of the Australian federal election held in September. Unfortunately late polling released the morning of the ...
|Australian Federal Election - Final Predictions
With polls opening in just a few hours there is universal consensus that the Coalition will defeat the Labor government and wield a sizable majority in the new house. My model is ...
|The Australian Federal Election (Senate Edition)
Just one more week until election day in Australia and it appears clear that Tony Abbott and the Coalition will be winning government and it probably won't be particularly close. In the interests of ...
|Modelling the Australian Federal Election: Four Weeks Out
Last Sunday Labor Prime Minister Kevin Rudd visited the Governor General and offered advice that an election be held for the Federal House of Representatives on Saturday the 7th of September. In ...
|Mid July Predictions for the Australian 2013 Federal Election: Hung Parliament II
Everything has changed in the Australian electoral landscape. Kevin Rudd has been returned to the Prime Minister-ship by the same Labor party that deposed him three years ago. In doing so Rudd ...
|Predictions for the Australian 2013 Federal Election
In just 15 weeks Australia will hold a federal election. Polling has universally condemned the incumbent Labor minority government (left leaning major party) to a landslide defeat at the hands of ...
|A Democratic/Republican New Hampshire State Senate
With the new map for the 24 member New Hampshire state senate effectively finalised Republicans appear to have given themselves a decent chance of holding the chamber in a state that is trending ...
|Swing States Over Time
A few months ago I made some graphs showing the movement of each state's PVI since the Civil War. I never got around to posting them as I was too busy to do a proper job of writing up explanations. ...
|Analysing the Legislative Map of Idaho
As the redistricting commission in Idaho has agreed to a legislative map I've drawn both the existing map and the new map in DRA to see what effect the changes will have on the composition of the ...
|A Republican Maryland
"A Republican Maryland" or "Because shouldn't we see if all the DKE sidebar dairies can be Maryland maps?" A Republican gerrymander of Maryland wouldn't have to shoot for only a 4-4 split, which is ...
|A Democratic Colorado (Now with Bonus Spiralmander)
The first map isn't of my usual "testing the limits" style. Rather it is a hopefully reasonably realistic 5-2 Colorado. Democratic districts are a minimum 54% Dem. The second map is a Whitty ...
Nebraska has already completed its redistricting and it ended up changing very little despite the Nebraska 2nd having an only marginally Republican PVI. There was some attempt to gerrymander ...
|A Republican New York
The first redistricting map I ever made back at SSP was a theoretical Republican gerrymander of New York. It had some kinks, New York is an ambitious project, so I’ve had another crack at the same ...
|A Novel Model of the Australian Federal Election of 2010
This diary relates to Australian politics so I’ve included a quick glossary to begin with. Glossary 2PP/Two party preferred. Due to Australia’s use of preferential voting it is ...
|A Democratic Minnesota
This diary could be a Democratic proposal for Minnesota's congressional districts provided a willingness to do something that there is no willingness for in the real word; split Minneapolis. ...
|A Republican Minnesota: State Senate
Until last November's crushing 16 seat Republican gain, which turned a DFL (Democratic) super-majority into 37-30 Republican control, Democrats had controlled the Minnesota state senate since the ...
|A Republican Illinois
The good news for Democrats is that Illinois will be a Democratic and not Republican gerrymander this cycle. That said, since we have seen some solid 13-5 Democratic maps the question is raised; how ...
|A Republican Minnesota
Hello and welcome to my first diary at Daily Kos after the move from Swing State Project. This map is a Republican gerrymander of Minnesota. Usually I crunch my own numbers for partisan leanings ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Alizarin Indigo
- This originally started off as a draft in the comments thread but it was getting too long so I thought I'd turn it into my first diary for Daily Kos and indeed for DKE CF of Aus and the other ...11 comments 10 Recs
- What's that, you say? The 2015 UK election hasn't happened yet? Well, it's happening soon, May to be exact, and thankfully for us there is a website called Electoral Calculus which posts ...85 comments 49 Recs
- Results: Australian Broadcasting Corporation l Queensland Electoral Commission Hot links: Crikey Poll Bludger l ABC News Live Video Feed l ehstronghold's seat election day ...37 comments 14 Recs
- What factors cause areas to vote in a certain manner? Inherently we know some of them. But we cannot completely project elections based on one factor alone. After all, the state with the largest ...37 comments 28 Recs
- Since my hard drive crashed and I'm still in the early stages of rebuilding my data, I decided it was time to take a look at some demographics and other data and to see if we can understand the ...21 comments 63 Recs
- One state that hasn't received much fantasy redistricting attention is Indiana, with ndrwmls's visually pleasing 4-4-1 map , jncca's 5-3-1 map and redistricting master Wolf's 5-4 and 5-3-1 maps ...12 comments 8 Recs
- /Regional Outline of Appalachia and the Remaining Surrounding States./59 comments 51 Recs
- /Blue Ridge Mountains near Mount Mitchell, NC/ Appalachia is a ...166 comments 167 Recs
- Most of you reading this text are from the United States, I can say with confidence. I can say, with an equal amount of confidence, that you remember when you were when the Twin Towers fell. If you ...17 comments 11 Recs
- Results: Australian Broadcasting Corporation | Australian Electoral Commission Hot links: ABC News live video feed l Crikey Poll Bludger l Election Leaflets (mailers) l ...21 comments 10 Recs
Alizarin Indigo's Tags
- No current results.
Alizarin Indigo's Blogroll
- No current results.