Below you'll find recent contributions related to AndrewR9's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Waiting for Good Dough: Wisconsin Budget Process Put on Hold
Wisconsin Budget Committee Waits for New Revenue Estimates, Despite Other Options The Wisconsin budget process came to a halt this week, and the surprising hiatus in Joint Finance Committee ...
|WI Budget Project||04/30/2015||2|
|Wisconsin Governor Walker Failures Not Evidence of a “Style” Problem
(Wisconsinites see much deeper deficits. The Press has a duty to broadcast these to the nation.) A recent puff-piece suggested Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, the white-bread Republican ...
|Appetite For Blather: Indigo Kalliope: Poems From the Left
You have no one but you to blame if you cannot hear the sky. When the air is jelled and cloying, the phone book will not open. Soil packs too hard for fingernails, too soft for pails and shovels. ...
|Hey Martha Raddatz, (SKW) Scott Walker has the answer!!Would you ask??
Undeclared Presidential Candidate Scott Walker has claimed a "Partisan Witch Hunt" in relation to the past and present John Doe Investigations. SKW has spent Hundreds of Thousands of $$ in his ...
|WIGOP Legislator Dangerously Close to Doing Something Good
First-term Assembly Rep. Romaine Quinn (R-Rice lake) took his first substantive policy stand in Madison last week, and --at least on the surface-- it seems not terrible . Quinn wants to spare the ...
|Scott Walker's campaign plan: Find a sugar-daddy donor and don't gaffe too hard on policy
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker knows he's outmatched ...
|Wisconsin Police Association puts up billboard featuring officer who shot two people in 10 days
Too soon? Officer Pablo Torres may yet face charges. Kenosha, Wisconsin police officer Pablo Torres was involved in two shootings in only 10 days. One involved a mentally distressed veteran who was ...
|Scott Walker complains about 'political witch hunt'; Republican prosecutor fires back
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) It takes some chutzpah to run for president ...
|❁ petals of fury - vengence of the tiny flowers of riverside park ❁
|Japan laps US with new high speed train
In the United States the definition of high-speed rail ranges from 90 mph to 150 mph. The average speed of the the fastest train currently running in the United States, the ...
|Mark E Andersen||04/26/2015||169|
|Beethoven Mushroom Soup Sonata
For this recipe, you will need: 1 precisely-tuned concert grand piano 1 Daniel Barenboim (The first two ingredients may be substituted with any Barenboim recording that includes Beethoven/...
|Kinnickinnic River Photos Part II.
Not all is politics. When I'm not working, or being a political geek, I like getting outdoors, taking photos, running. But sometimes the political and the personal intersect. There are some, today, ...
|Democratic member of budget conference vows to protect the safety net
Rep. Gwen Moore House and Senate conferees are meeting to reconcile the two chambers' budgets, and one Democratic member, Rep. Gwen Moore (WI-04)
|Reflections - The Kinnickinnic River, River Falls, WI Photo diary
The South Fork of the Kinni - in the University of Wisconsin - River Falls campus. It's a gorgeous day here in Wisconsin, and I'm off to enjoy the outdoors. About a month ago, I took my camera ...
|Walker keeps sliding in Wisconsin now, and for 2016
You may have read about our fair Governor's approval tanking in another poll over the last week, but you may not realize how bad those numbers really are. When you take a bit of a closer look, it's ...
|Jake formerly of the LP||04/25/2015||12|
|Scott Walker's scary plan for your water
From Gov. Walker's Friday "E-Update": As a part of our trade mission, The Water Council, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), and Veolia, an international water company based in ...
|Scott Walker Claims He Will Start Paying for His Own Security Costs During Campaign Visits
Running a non-stop Presidential ...
|Scott Walker and Chris Christie show off the GOP's job-creation chops
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Republicans have been itching to show how much better ...
|Confronted with his awful record, Scott Walker blames non-existent Democrats
Trolling for support from neighboring Republicans, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker this week made another of his interminable presidential campaign stops (he hasn't yet formally declared, but for months ...
|Walker's UW Budget Cut - Some Context
Scott Walker's proposed $300 Million cut to the UW System combined with conservatives' complaining about high tuition made me curious about the history of UW funding and the root cause of rising ...
|Scott Walker: Mobilizing Resentment
It’s early in the Republican presidential primary process, but at this point former Florida governor Jeb Bush is a slight favorite. However, the latest CNN/ORC poll indicates that Wisconsin ...
|Is the RW screwing with the Democratic Party of WI chair election?
Update 5 pm CST 4/23/2015 - See my update at the end of the diary. This issue has gone to the highest level of the DPW. Other delegates have reported receiving this phone poll, and we have an ...
|Scott Walker Admin fires scientists, hides taxpayer costs
Two stories that broke this afternoon show just how low-class the Scott Walker administration has become. The first you've probably heard of already, and involves 57 employees of the Department of ...
|Jake formerly of the LP||04/22/2015||6|
|Walker Chooses Earth Day to Fire Half of DNR Scientists
In 2011, Scott Walker famously declared, "We're broke," and used that as cover to make the biggest cut to education in state history and make historic cuts to everything else-- including the ...
|Zillionaire Republican senator: Students taking longer to graduate because 'college is a lot of fun'
Ron Johnson (in stupid hat) having "a lot of fun" at a tailgate Freshman Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin is one of the most vulnerable Republicans seeking re-election next year. He's also one of the ...
|The Koch Bros draft Scott Walker
Look out everyone the nation’s billion duo The Koch Brothers have found their Pinocchio for the 2016 Presidential cycle and his name is Scott Walker the 45th Governor of Wisconsin. Scott ...
|Wisconsin Residents Oppose Budget Cuts that Would Damage Wisconsin’s Schools and Universities
The damaging budget cuts proposed by Governor Walker have very little support among Wisconsin residents, a new poll from Marquette University shows. People in Wisconsin are particularly opposed to ...
|WI Budget Project||04/21/2015||8|
|It's official: Koch brothers "signal support for Scott Walker"
While Mr. Walker continues the process of dismantling the state of Wisconsin , and while my fellow Wisconsinites are starting to come to their senses and driving down his approval ratings , Walker ...
|Scott Walker's administration walks back attack on Wisconsin family planning clinics
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Last August, Scott Walker's administration ...
|Happy Ben Masel Day everybody!
Note: Please forgive the re-post but in this case it seems appropriate. Madison, Wisconsin has designated April 20, Ben Masel Day in honor of our friend and compatriot who was so well known and ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||04/20/2015||43|
|Walker tanks in Wisconsin- his policies do even worse
You may have heard something about the Marquette Law School poll that was released last week, and while the headline number is the tanking approval ratings of Gov Scott Walker, whose approval is ...
|Jake formerly of the LP||04/19/2015||78|
Recommended by AndrewR9
- "I can't believe I screwed things up this badly." How bad are things in Sam ...46 comments 55 Recs
- It doesn't matter whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian, a Green, or a member of any other party. Many have died in order to provide every Texan, every American, the right to vote.147 comments 119 Recs
- I always admire people who have issued themselves the WTF license to say whatever they truly feel and believe without worries whether it is politic or polite. Today's "Damn the Torpedoes" Award for ...748 comments 394 Recs
- Problem : Your right-wing brother-in-law is plugged into the FOX-Limbaugh lie machine, and keeps sending you emails about "Obama spending" and "Obama deficits" and how the "stimulus" just made ...154 comments 423 Recs
- "The Queen of Versailles" was a film documentary based on the sleazy time-share mogul, David Siegel, and his wife, Jackie. David had major financial troubles following Bush's 2008 economic crises. ...285 comments 898 Recs
- There's a reason I find Jon Stewart to be the most trusted news man in America, and it's for reports such as the one he did on Thursday. You can click to another Kossack's excellent rundown of The ...8 comments 14 Recs
- Before I get in trouble, I'd like to say a quick well-deserved congratulations to Calvin F Exoo for an excellent piece calling out WalMart for their deceptive new ad campaign . It was so good in ...330 comments 424 Recs
- This week in defending the "Kristallnatch" remarks of investment banker Tom Perkins, billionaire Sam Zell argued that the 1% are simply more deserving because "They Just Work Harder." http://www....229 comments 450 Recs
- When economists talk about how a market "regulates itself," what they mean is that markets reach an equilibrium between supply and demand. This says nothing about whether or not this equilibrium ...183 comments 612 Recs
- Destroy Obama Care. It should come as no surprise to anyone that there has been a number of right wing cyber attacks on the healthcare.gov site. It seems that there has been a concerted effort ...114 comments 263 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.