Posting History for Annie B
|How about we call them the Washington Warriors?
OK, football season is over and we have time to deal with the Washington (name redacted) controversy before the next season starts. Let's rename the team the Washington Warriors.
|Make Election Day a national holiday
Scotland had the right idea. When they had the vote for independence, they made the day a national holiday. They had over 80% turn-out. Now Bernie Sanders wants to do the same here.
|Eric Cantor to work with the poor and disadvantaged of Virginia
No he's not. I'm just messing with ya.
|Dear Todd Akin. You're still a jerk.
Todd Akin is now claiming that his wording was slightly off and that's what the 'legitimate rape' problem is all about. No. It isn't Todd Akin: ‘I should have said legitimate case of rape’ ...
|Children raised by same-sex couples actually better off.
Well, this is going to make Tony Perkins head explode. Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers, research shows http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/...
|The thing about the Hobby Lobby decision.....
is that it's not about Hobby Lobby.
|Now it gets interesting
So David Brat is the new Republican candidate for the House of Representatives in Virginia's 7th District. He ran specifically on blocking immigration reform. The Republican Party is screwed.
Well, it seems the 'lame steam' media is ignoring the millions and millions of people who have descended on Washington and are only reporting on the horrible flooding in the area. You would think ...
|Lets go to Alaska and warm up
As of 12:00 pm, Tuesday, January 28, 2014 New York, NY 18*, feels like 8* Washington DC 15*, feels like 5* Mobile, Al 34*, feels like 24* Chicago, IL -19*, feels like -28* Fargo, ND -13*, ...
|Cold day in the McDonnell house?
As Meatloaf once said in song "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." Now embattled former Gov Bob McDonell is singing that song to wife Maureen.
|How about we abolish the idea of voting in polling places?
Not the idea of having polling places per say, but the idea that you can have one and only one place to vote. Have you ever taken advantage of early voting? I have. I went to a local school that ...
|What will the Tea Party learn from last night's elections?
Chris Christie, moderate, establishment, won in a blow-out in a blue state. E.W. Jackson, bat-shit crazy even for the Tea Party, got crushed in a purple state. Ken Cuccinelli, just normal bat-shit ...
In 1820, Felix Walker, who represented Buncombe County, North Carolina, in the U.S. House of Representatives, rose to address the question of admitting Missouri as a free or slave state. This was ...
|McAuliffe uses shutdown against Cuccinelli
Well, that didn't take long.
|Republicans Again are Aghast that the Government Shuts Down during a Government Shutdown.
'Just disgusting': Outrage after shutdown delays payment for families of ...
|The other victims of the shutdown.
We are all aware of the Federal workers who have been furloughed and may not be given back pay when this nonsense ends, but there are other people suffering because of the shutdown who will never ...
|What the heck happens to Federal employees tomorrow.
So, it looks like midnight will come and Congress will turn into a pumpkin. So, what happens tomorrow? See below for a brief explanation.
|The League of Women Voters busts ACA myths.
Looking for a great, easy-to-understand reference to address the nonsense out there about the Affordable Care Act? Well, the League of Women Voters has come to your rescue.
|After 21 hours, Cruz ends Senate Floor Marathon
But Cruz's speech, as long as it was, did not have the effect of stalling a planned vote to formally take up legislation passed last week by the House that would fund the government past Sept. 30, ...
|The true cost of health care
Sometimes, being a healthcare professional has its benefits. Sometimes not being a healthcare professional can cost you more than you know. Meet me under the physician signature.
|A bit of levity
An old joke in honor of the new pope. Sort of. You’ll see.
With all the discussion about how bad unions are for workers and the passage of the 'right-to-work' law in Michigan, I think it is only fair to make significant changes to our work agreement. I no ...
|Stiff the owner, not the server
OK, so a number of restaurant chain managers have been making noise about cutting employee's hours or adding a surcharge to pay for the 'massive' costs when the ACA is implemented fully next year, ...
|Voting in Maryland
Our collective voting experiences in my office. We are in Montgomery County, which is just north of Washington DC. One coworker lives in Prince Georges County, which is a bit more to the east.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Annie B
- . . . because some stories are crying out for a showtune!3 comments 8 Recs
- Getting passed around on Twitter and Facebook today is the heartwarming image of the new-and-improved birth announcement for Elizabeth Anne Bogert (b. 1995). Bogert told his parents that he was ...70 comments 415 Recs
- In ...95 comments 75 Recs
- It didn't occur to me until just now, watching the anger rise on the streets of Ferguson. Throughout the day, when I heard the announcement would take place at 9:00 eastern time and 8:00 local time,157 comments 338 Recs
- I took this screenshot from the front page of The Detroit News this afternoon: That's what we call irony, kids. Irony, pure and simple.41 comments 175 Recs
- Perhaps the best picture of the day. I think there's some folks who disapprove of your job, Mitch.102 comments 359 Recs
- This article was first published here. Every flu season, I resurrect this hysterical and snarky by Infectious Disease specialist330 comments 73 Recs
- For nearly two thousand years the religious have killed, banished, tortured, and jailed atheists for the crime of being atheists and daring to tell someone they were. After reading Enough Atheist ...791 comments 702 Recs
- If money were water.2 comments 10 Recs
- It is often assumed that atheists lack the moral fortitude of our religious counterparts. I want to shed some light on this subject. Although I cannot speak on behalf of all atheists I can share ...143 comments 86 Recs
Annie B's Tags
- No current results.
Annie B's Blogroll
- No current results.