Below you'll find recent contributions related to Auburn Parks's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Will this make you angry?
Economic Security for Seniors: Fact Sheet via @NCOAging https://shar.es/1pBGeO Earlier this week, I wrote about Bernie Sanders, a few read it. I want you to know the pain happening now in the ...
|Replace the TPP with a $100 trillion world program to stop climate change
Cross-posted from Real Economics . The TPP has brought the issue of "free trade agreements" to the fore again, so I think it is time we looked honestly at what has happened to the three North ...
|Religious Freedom for all- is it really for all?
Have you heard about the new fangled cry for "Religious Freedom"? Has it penetrated your psyche as it seems to have penetrated the right wing conservative mass? Religious freedom, that's a GOOD ...
|The Satanic Temple seeks to bypass anti-abortion legislation through religious exemption
The Satanic Temple begins legal aid fund to offer exemptions against, and actively challenge, arbitrary, insulting, and outright harmful anti-abortion legislation. The Satanic Temple (TST), ...
|TPP: The Fascism Issue
If the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement will, if implemented, and as I've argued elsewhere, result in the death of national and state sovereignty, constitutional separation of powers, and ...
|UPDATE X 2: URGENT! Fellow Kossack Needs a Little More Help
Please keep tipping and recommending so as many people as possible will see this diary! We only have a day to accomplish our goal. THANK YOU! Due to a situation far beyond our control, the Derby ...
|Most Awesome Nana||05/04/2015||119|
|The Death of National and State Sovereignty, Separation of Powers, and Democracy
Most of the critical attention given to the Fast Track Trade Agreement legislation and to the associated Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Congressional – Executive Agreement on mainstream corporate ...
|NYT Story on Orthodox Jewish Girl at West Point is Inaccurate and Insulting
The New York Times recently ran a story that may have been published with the most sterling intent. However, as folk wisdom and common sense universally informs us, “good intentions” can easily ...
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I call myself that in order to distinguish myself from the dominant strain of North American Christianity. At the risk of sounding arrogant and judgmental, I am ...
|Religious Persecution - THPPFT!!!
Dear Congressional Republicans, Stop it. Just fucking stop it. Your countless attempts to override law, and replace it with biblical dogma all in the name of saving the American faithful from ...
|Ridiculing Concerns About TPP Tyranny
People who support the Administration's efforts on the TPP have been known to reply to my posts on this subject by attempting to ridicule the scenarios I've presented as possible under the TPP ...
|The World's First Atheist Orphanage
Okay, so there is this orphanage in Uganda that has captured my imagination. And in my imagination I hope it will capture yours. Billed as the world's first atheist orphanage, BiZoHa has as its ...
|Creationism in a NE Classroom
28 March 2007 I posted a letter to the McCook Gazette and the editor printed it: Original Online Saturday, April 7, 2007 Dear Editor, The following was sent to McCook Community College: I am ...
|Indicting the Trans – Pacific Partnership: Even One of These Counts Is Sufficient to Kill It!
To really appreciate what a travesty the TPP is, and the scandal of the failure of our Congress to reject it, and the “Fast Track Authority“ sought for it, out of hand, I'm going to list 23 ...
|The Failure of Privatization
Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase ...
|T C Gibian||04/26/2015||11|
|The New-Problem of Creation
"Their agenda is to incorporate religious myth as scientific theory within the American classroom, an “alternative option” so students can simply take it or leave it...Seems perfectly ...
|How Can Our Senators and Representatives Vote for Giving Away Our Monetary Sovereignty?
Right now the US fulfills the three essential conditions for monetary sovereignty: 1) it issues its own non-convertible currency, 2) which it allows to float on international currency markets; and 3)
|Happy Openly Secular Day!
Kind of a quick diary, but wanted to put this out there. Today, 4/23 is Openly Secular Day . This is the day all closeted non-believers are encouraged to tell at least one person in their life ...
Recommended by Auburn Parks
- Right now the US fulfills the three essential conditions for monetary sovereignty: 1) it issues its own non-convertible currency, 2) which it allows to float on international currency markets; and 3)21 comments 8 Recs
- Rekia Boyd On Monday afternoon, three years after he shot and killed Rekia Boyd, Chicago police officer Dante Servin had all charges dismissed against him by Judge Dennis ...174 comments 215 Recs
- Steve Forbes has posted an essay entitled "How The Federal Reserve And Uncle Sam Ruined GE Capital" on his magazine's website. His essay has so much fantasy in it that I find it highly entertaining.17 comments 9 Recs
- In addition to the House Budget Committee and OMB budget plans and 2016 – 2025 projections fiscal policy followers have also recently been ...46 comments 10 Recs
- On March 30, 2011, an international human rights observer witnessed and reported an unusually cruel and violent confrontation between a NY police officer and an Occupy Wall Street protester. While ...770 comments 283 Recs
- In my last post I asked this same question about the House Budget Committee. As my readers saw in that one, the attempts at deficit reduction leading to budget balance were so severe that they ...4 comments 8 Recs
- It never ceases to amaze me that those who offer budget plans and projections never take into account the reality that their projections must be consistent with implications of trends in sector ...6 comments 7 Recs
- The Peter G. Peterson Foundation (PGPF) always does a press release when the CBO issues one of its budget outlook 10 year projection reports. The PGPF did another in January quoting its President ...2 comments 9 Recs
- This is the last post in my analysis and commentary on Bruce Bartlett's testimony to the Senate Budget Committee. There's one very significant issue left to discuss, and that is the issue of fiscal ...6 comments 9 Recs
- This is the fourth in a series of commentaries on Bruce Bartlett's recent testimony to the Senate Budget Committee. I appreciated his testimony and his critical evaluation of the idea that there is ...2 comments 4 Recs
Auburn Parks's Tags
- No current results.
Auburn Parks's Blogroll
- No current results.