Posting History for B52D
|The Dogs of Christmas Past
There was Ben, Smoky, Oscar, Shadow, Sydney, Jayda, and now Bryce. It seems like a lot, especially since none lived to meet their successor. However, each of them was used or pre-owned, with ...
|The Other Vets
These are the spouses who held families together while the vet was off who-knows-where. As a then-young guy with no kids, I watched and heard my older crew members try to keep in touch with their ...
|The Thanksgiving Barney Came Home
The adage that you don't know what you have until it is gone is learned the hard way. It seemed so to us kids, as we watched our big friend disappear into the forest. Our family home, in today's ...
|Why I Listen To Rush
This morning, Rush gleaned this kernel of “truth” from a caller's drivel: That, since women are not as clued in to physical attractiveness (in a mate, I think he means) as men are, then, ergo, ...
|Maybe not my best idea
I awoke to an email from a Red state cousin, who entreated his complete email address book to vote in a purported USA Today poll. His headline: Eric Holder Says We Have No Right to Own Guns." The ...
|"Have you tried our sausages?"
Staffing a sample station at a Big Box store is not for the faint-footed. You show up well ahead of store opening time. You get your station assignment from the boss---What you will prepare and ...
|Thanksgiving on a small farm
Hopefully, it hadn't snowed overnight....because in a few hours, Dad would crank (literally, no starter on our old 1937 relic) up the Farmall tractor and inch it down to the annual site of our ...
|Fox: Where's your Sandy Benefit Program??
I note that Fox News is bemoaning NBC's decision to stage and broadcast a benefit for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Springsteen, et al, are appearing. Fox seems to be rending garments and gnashing ...
|Rush on Birth Control
Oct. 25 Today I tuned into Limbaugh, and am reassured that he is distraught with the way the campaigns are going. Rush opines today that it could be that women who favor fewer controls, and more ...
|I'm probably not alone here?
As the only atheist Democrat in my five-sibling very Catholic Republican family, I get a good portion of “faith-based” conservative bilge and birther items email forwarded to me. 'Not sure why, ...
|Public Union Viewpoint?
While we readers of DailyKos regularly decry the erosion of labor unions, I expect that the general populace does not. First, most statistically don't belong to one, nor are they of the family of ...
|USDA: Don't privatize inspectors
Twelve years in the poultry business, including many days slaughtering and processing the meat you eat, was a great incentive to claw my way up the educational ladder. It is also a great incentive ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by B52D
- Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!87 comments 165 Recs
- It appears the the Republicans may have finally over-extended themselves. Their actions over the last few weeks have gone way beyond anything a sane person would regard as civil discourse and ...360 comments 99 Recs
- Every Saturday I hit the neighborhood Goodwill thrift store for a good look-round. There’s much to find; wealthy areas have the best thrift stores, and in the aggregate this city is pretty wealthy.63 comments 295 Recs
- On Saturdays, my wife and I just get in the car and drive. We generally have a couple of errand that we want to run; and along the way, we stop for coffee and remember a few more errands and ...21 comments 16 Recs
- In the last chapter we looked at all the wonderful radio aids to navigation that have been developed over the decades. Well guess what, once you get about 150 miles offshore you don't have any of ...75 comments 88 Recs
- Today marks my 64th year on this planet. Since news of one's imminent death 'concentrates the mind wonderfully,' meaning only that my end is closer than my beginning, I've decided that a fine way ...79 comments 62 Recs
- In the last diary I introduced you to the B-52, at least as I remember them from the late 80s and early 90s. Flying the B-52 - Part 1 Today we're going to take it out on a training mission. ...113 comments 166 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.