Below you'll find recent contributions related to Bendygirl's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Coming false GOP meme: Obama lost Syria
The American news media is waking up to the fact that the tide of war has turned against President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. The instrument of this change has been the Nusra Front -- al Qaeda'...
|Why Syria needs an earthquake
The earthquake that struck Nepal killed around 6,000 people and displaced nearly half a million. It was a horrible humanitarian crisis that justifiably got the world's attention. If only ...
Remember a couple years ago, when Obama said we’d shape up his drone program and achieve “ near certainty ” that civilians wouldn’t be killed and ...
|House GOP foriegn policy backlash
Three days ago the House Armed Services Committee inserted a controversial provision into an Iraqi aid bill. Republican war-policy writers are demanding that the United States recognize Kurdish ...
|Baltimore: Baseball with no fans
They should just cancel this series and make it up later!! Playing in front of a empty house makes no sense!! - Frank Thomas, HOF For the first time in Major League Baseball history, fans were ...
|Al-Qaeda now stronger than ever thanks to our allies
Remember al-Qaeda? With all the hype about ISIS it's easy to forget that it was al-Qaeda that attacked us, while Daesh never did. If you've forgotten that, you wouldn't be alone. It seems that ...
|Negative interest rates blowback
The insanity of negative interest rates is one of the most under-reported, under-appreciated developments in recent days. For instance, consider this . JPMorgan Chase recently sent a letter to ...
|The most popular candidate in the swing states is...marijuana
Hillary leads all Republican candidates in the important swing states of Ohio, Nevada, Florida, and Pennsylvania. However, there will be one candidate on the ballot in those states that is far more ...
|Overcoming the Culture of Fears
Franklin D. Roosevelt at his first inaugural address encouraged Americans to stand up to that “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into ...
|Behold! The Flash Crash Mastermind
On May 6, 2010, at 2:45pm the stock market plunged almost 1,000 points in a matter of seconds. It became known as the Flash Crash , and it spooked a lot of retail investors. Well, fear no more!
|Cartoon: Death & Destruction, Inc.
Now that the defense industry in the United States has taken a bit of a budgeting hit at home, they’re getting more aggressive overseas . ...
|Half of all Frackers will be dead this year
The Democrats in the House celebrated Earth Day by proposing a ban fracking on federal land . Texas Republicans celebrated the day by passing a bill to deny communities the ability to restrict ...
Recommended by Bendygirl
- The year was 1912. The Lawrence MA. Textile workers strike had worn on for over a month. More than 20,000 workers had walked off the job. Most of them were young women. Nearly half of those on ...2 comments 7 Recs
- More information is coming to light in the case of Arkansas state Rep. Justin Harris and his adoption and eventual "rehoming" of three sibling girls. The Arkansas Times reported last week that ...159 comments 183 Recs
- Zendaya Coleman, a beautiful 18 year-old-entertainer, wore dreadlocks to the Oscar Awards Show. She was just glowingly, adorably beautiful. What was the response from the fashion police over at ...379 comments 416 Recs
- At a gathering Sunday of influential Wisconsin workers and political activists, a unanimous decision was made regarding how to respond to news that the Republican majority in the state legislature ...233 comments 363 Recs
- Sometimes there is a news article that only a fan of Orwellian Newspeak can appreciate. The NY Times found that sweet-spot yesterday. The future of the New York Police Department will include ...94 comments 217 Recs
- As a former journalist, I belonged to a group of skilled, articulate and relatively educated professionals who by nature also tend to be individualists, loners, skeptics and non-joiners. Accounting ...47 comments 45 Recs
- Under billions of tons of imports, the American dream is suffocating. The American people have lost faith. They know that bad trade has bled factories, middle class jobs and wage increases from the ...10 comments 11 Recs
- Be honest. How much has the media discussed Black Women’s lives? There have been countless marches, rallies, you name it about #blacklivesmatter. Indeed, all black lives DO matter, but so often –5 comments 12 Recs
- Hateful man Robert Keller is going to jail for one year. All because a bi-racial family took his expletive-laden letter directed at their 13-year-old black son the wrong way. A federal judge ...162 comments 201 Recs
- Do black lives really matter in the eyes of the justice system, particularly when those lives have been taken by law enforcement? If the following cases are any indication, the answer is a ...131 comments 227 Recs
- No current results.