Below you'll find recent contributions related to Canid Micturate's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls: How Georgia arms the nation's cop-killers
In the last six months, three NYPD officers have been killed using handguns obtained from ...
|Swoosh! Just Don’t Do It ...
How better to promote a controversial Trade Deal than go to an American Corporate Icon , that knows a thing or two about "leveraging" overseas labor. If anyone can sell this TPP plan, the ...
|GOP clown car bewildered by how to respond on evolution
The GOP clown car made headlines a few years when an assembled panel was asked during a debate if they accepted the organizing principle in evolutionary biology and several signaled "no." This ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Allegheny wind turbines collide with NIMBY, GOP attacks science
See Gwennedd's post Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more ...
|America's Dumbest Congressman weighs in on 'Jade Helm'
America's Dumbest Congressman, also known as Texas Rep. ...
|Rick Scott pleads with administration to give him federal money that's not Obamacare
|Midday open thread: 'festival' of corruption in NY, ADP report hints again at hiring slowdown
Today's comic by Matt Bors is X-Race Specs :
|Harry Reid joins senators promoting a petition that calls for opposition to 'fast-tracking' TPP
Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...
|Pat Toomey is blocking his own judicial nominee
Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...
|Will this make you angry?
Economic Security for Seniors: Fact Sheet via @NCOAging https://shar.es/1pBGeO Earlier this week, I wrote about Bernie Sanders, a few read it. I want you to know the pain happening now in the ...
|Meet young Mike Huckabee, who looks a lot like the current version
Now that once-politician and current TV and radio show ...
| Republicans who cut science budgets are not stupid. They're malicious. Goal: official ignorance
Somebody needs to wipe the climate-change-denying smile off Lamar Smith's mug. The story about Republicans in committee axing big hunks of government science budgets sparked a deluge of social ...
|Daily Kos Radio's KITM podcast: top issues & headlines with Greg Dworkin & Joan McCarter
|McConnell pushes for Patriot Act extension with no NSA reforms
|Yet another oil train goes off the rails and burns. No injuries reported, but 35 people evacuated
Off the rails in North Dakota. The Department of Transportation predicted last July that there ...
|Meet the Jade Helm conspiracy theory: The federal government's plot to invade Texas
The sign behind him was supposed to say IDIOT, but nobody could spell it. The supposed _Jade Helm 15_ conspiracy may be the single stupidest thing to come out of Texas in 20 years, and for a state ...
|Republicans shift argument on Obamacare: Lots of people have coverage, but it doesn't count
Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY), still rejecting Obamacare reality. Republicans can, more or less, learn. Or they can at least drop one ...
|Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!
It's Wednesday! That's Joan McCarter day! What more could you ask for? Don't answer that, because I don't have anything else to offer. Let's just say that's plenty, and leave it at that! Though ...
|Open thread for night owls: Now comes Trans-Pacific trickle-down
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich writes Trans-Pacific Trickle-Down Economics : Now comes the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It’s being sold as a way to boost the U.S. economy, expand exports, ...
|Bernie and Moyers on Money in Politics.
Everyone talks about this problem of Money in Politics . Some Candidates have been talking about it long before "it was kool." Bernie Sanders on What Money Does to Politics (with Video) on ...
|Behind the GOP's bogus Baltimore blame game
If nothing else, today's conservative movement may be the greatest talking point generator in American history. Judging by the conservative choir now singing in unison, the aftermath of the ...
|Black Miami Beach Cop who Punched Handcuffed White Woman is Suspended, 2 Years Later
So here we have a woman whose drunken behavior outside of a Miami Beach nightclub condominium was unruly enough sleeping in the lobby caused police to be called and her to be handcuffed and brought ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/05/2015||34|
|Battle over Iran nuclear review bill by right and ultra right seems ended. Vote expected Thursday
These two guys are moving toward a vote ...
|Rand Paul really 'gets' the problems faced by minority groups
Of all the Republican presidential candidates, Rand Paul really _gets_ where black Americans are coming from. That's what Rand Paul says, anyway. He understands what black American men are facing ...
|Midday open thread: Top hedge fund managers earn paltry $11bn, Edison's talking dolls still creepy
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Texas takeover :
|Ben Carson gets a passing grade because the audience seemed to like him
And here's your trophy for showing up.
|Daily Kos Radio's KITM podcast: Fiorina launch; Kinloch follow-up; benefit corp. revolution
Bill in Portland Maine tweets the word "...
|Michael Gould-Wartofsky: The New Age of Counterinsurgency Policing
In the part of Baltimore hardest hit by the recent riots and arson, more than a third of families live in poverty, median income is $24,000, the unemployment rate is over 50% , some areas burnt out ...
|Klobuchar, Tester reintroduce bill to require states to allow voter registration on Election Day
Allowing citizens to register to vote on Election Day is a smart idea that boosts turnout and makes things easier for the most mobile Americans. It has been tested for problems for decades in the ...
|Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!
We'll get back on track with the news after yesterday's "free form" special. Greg will get us started with a grounding in reality, and I'll derail it all with wild tangents into our recurring ...
|It’s time to seriously rethink ‘zero tolerance’ policing
The first two steps toward uplifting young black men are simple: Stop killing them and stop locking them in prison for nonviolent offenses. That is the first sentence of this powerful Washington ...
|From Oakland to Baltimore. Labor & Community Against Police Terror on May Day.
A simple tweetpic essay. from the 510 to the 410 pic.twitter.com/3EhcbjcnWw — m4rg1n4L (@marg1nal) May 1, 2015 Putting the final touches on chalk art at Oscar Grant Plaza before the march ...
|The Only Chart You Need To Pick a President
I was born in 1979. It's a year that many economists have now found to be a turning point. From the end of the Great Depression until the year I was born, American productivity and prosperity ...
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|The Failure of Privatization
Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase ...
|T C Gibian||04/26/2015||11|
|It's long past time to take away Obama's flying death robots
Back in 2013, in the aftermath of his murder of Americans Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year old son, when Mr. Obama was trying to justify his arrogated powers to incinerate people with his fleet of ...
Recommended by Canid Micturate
- Robert Reich writes Why So Many Americans Feel So Powerless : As I travel around America, I’m struck by how utterly powerless most people feel. The companies we work for, the businesses we buy ...87 comments 68 Recs
- The House of Representatives recently voted to eliminate the estate tax . Because of the recent vote, the topic may come up in conversations with people you know. This is an easy case to “win” ...104 comments 136 Recs
- The Cat's Eye Nebula as seen by the Hubble Space Telescope in the constellation Draco. Click to embiggen Ask anyone to name a telescope and odds are one answer will come up every time: Hubble. Not ...111 comments 141 Recs
- Climate Change Denial Disorder is a rapidly spreading disease! The hilarious folks at Funny or Die have a new video for those who may be ...8 comments 29 Recs
- All my friends are Republicans, but I in no way want that to be a reflection on me. I've told all these people that I'd sooner admit to being a child-molester than a a Republican. Obviously this ...89 comments 153 Recs
- "Unless we are able to correct this," National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson warned in November, "very bad things will happen to taxpayers." By "this," Olson meant five straight years of budget ...45 comments 45 Recs
- One of the many consequences of having so many states controlled by Republicans is that there has been a flurry of bills demonizing the poor. One of the most common ways of doing so is by dictating ...74 comments 153 Recs
- If being a neocon means never having to say you're sorry, then being an accessory to a world-historical mistake must grant you some kind of magical immunity. So it would seem after reading Bush ...61 comments 84 Recs
- It’s tax season once again and I’d like to address a question that I rarely see addressed: Who do tax cuts benefit? To start, let’s make a list of the major tax categories: Sales taxes ...42 comments 59 Recs
- before we get to this weeks news, we're going to add a postscript to last week's coverage of the oil bomb trains ....in all the excitement of reporting about trains & refineries blowing sky high in ...75 comments 33 Recs
Canid Micturate's Tags
- No current results.
Canid Micturate's Blogroll
- No current results.