Posting History for CorinaR
|What AlyoshaKaramazov said ... my birthday
AlyoshaKaramazov had an interesting diary yesterday where he proposed that we share uplifting thoughts or stories that celebrate what we stand for as well as focusing on our problems. So here is my ...
|My Church and Syria
This will be a hit and run diary but I am so proud of my church that I had to share with you. Today the Stated Clerk of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) put out an action ...
|In the Land of Sarin
WARNING: Triggers My daughter sent this to me. Her friend N posted it on her Facebook page. N is a pediatric cardiologist who is with an ...
|How to Win Friends and Influence People
A friend is in Dallas today and ran into a scary group at the hotel where she is staying ... the Heritage Action Sentinel Program, HASP (catchy acronym, wouldn't you say for gatekeepers to protect "...
|Sticker Shock ... with Update
This is a short diary because I am in shock. Yesterday I refilled two of my prescriptions ... Levemir Flex-Pen and Novalog Flex-Pen. Both are insulin and I have been taking them since 2007. ...
Lately, I have been thinking about reading: what we read, why we read, how we respond to what we read, how/whether our world is shaped by what we read. I grew up very poor ... we had a flush ...
|Gus Garcia: Frequently Forgotten Civil Rights Hero
This is a short diary. A friend who teaches Chicano Studies posted this article from HuffPo http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tonydiaz/the-senator-the-desperate_b_3596366.html and I thought I would ...
|A True Parable: The Story of Hilda the Fish
This is a true story about Hilda the Fish. Hilda was an Oscar, a gold and black South American fish that is very popular for aquariums. Some time ago, when Clinton was still president, my ...
|Just What is Happening?
I don't normally get involved in meta diaries and I try to stay away from pie fights ... I am simply not clever enough or involved enough. BUT what is happening? Both Jim and Melanie in IA are ...
|Dogs Can Be So Clever
Like most of us here, I have been hyperventilating about the fiscal cliff, the GOP internecine struggles, the Progressive dislike of the current compromise, the inequality of our system, global ...
|Gift subscription ... Oh, my!
A short diary to say thanks ... but since my gift elf is "An anonymous benefactor," my only option is to say thanks to all. Last year when al the gift subscription push was going on, I held back ...
|Crafty People Please Avoid Hobby Lobby
For those of us who like to do crafts or sew or just think about that sort of project, Hobby Lobby has sometimes been a convenient place. For me it was the only place in town until very recently. I ...
|Read TomDispatch: Jeremiah Goulka, Confessions of a Former Republican
A short diary in case you have not read TomDispatch today. The article is titled Tomgram: Jeremiah Goulka, Confessions of a Former Republican. http://www.tomdispatch.com/?utm_source=TomDispatch&...
|What does it mean to "Have It All?"
Recently, I read a remarkable article by Anne-Marie Slaughter, a professor at Princeton, first woman director of policy planning at the State Department under Hilary Clinton and a mother of two: Why ...
|Can this be true?
I have no reason to believe that it is not true ... and yet, it is so outrageous that I find it hard to believe. I have a friend ... we have known each other since we were in Junior High (before ...
|Mitt's IRA ... I want, I want
This will be short both because there is not much for me to say other than WOW! and because I do not know how to embed. Professor Edward Kleinbard of the USC Gould School of Law and former Chief ...
|I have given myself premission to hate my ex
Let me clarify my title. I am not really a hating person. I am normally considered a goodie two shoes, a strong caregiver and someone you can take for granted ... all around liberal earth mother ...
|In the Church: Same-Gender Spouses
Sometimes I am very proud of my church. Today I got an notice, that beginning January 1, 2013, same gender domestic partners will be covered by the Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church USA. ...
|Today: An Apology in California
Forced repatriation is not a new thing. Today in Los Angeles, there will be a ceremony to apologize for the forced repatriation after the Great Depression. From Wikipedia: The Mexican Repatriation ...
|Schema -- how we see the world
I was browsing around, kind bummed because I had written most of a diary and then accidentally erased it. So I was doing sour grapes: They wouldn't read it anyway because it was religious in nature.
|What next after garnishment?
I am planning to call the legal hotline or advice line or whatever it is called, but I have not had much luck with them in other places. So I thought I might ask the legal eagles here ... not for ...
|The Youth Gave Me Hope
I've been following what's happening in Congress, reading way too much here, calling, emailing, worrying, retching, worrying some more. I have not been in a happy place. So I did two things today ..
|Sojourn in Distraction
Caution: This is a personal diary about my thoughts in church today. It is not a church or Christianity bashing diary nor (I hope) is it a sermon, just my thoughts and maybe a hope.
|On Heroes and Feet of Clay
I have been away from here for many months and it has been difficult for me to come back to Daily Kos for various reasons, but mostly because of the passion ... often mindless and sometimes ...
|The Mindnumbingness of Dead End Jobs
I am going to quit my job as a census enumerator tomorrow. I have been semi/underemployed for about 3 years and the census job seemed almost perfect. It seemed like a great way to make some ...
|Thinking About Faith and Community
For some reason, maybe I am just being sensitive, much of my reading here on DKos has me thinking about faith and community and what they mean together. The diary about the National Day of Prayer ...
|Mixed Feelings About Compassion Fatigue
Back when I had a paying job, we talked about compassion fatigue, you know, when you get tired of doing good. I always thought that it was an excuse for people who had no compassion ... now I am ...
|Today I opted for short term survival
Today was one lousy day. I had wanted to go to the Health Care Reform demonstration in Oklahoma City, but I did not. I wanted to go because I feel strongly about healthcare. I have always had a ...
|Need a Snappy Slogan a for Health Care Reform Sign
I am going to a friendly demonstration outside a place where Rep. Frank Lucas is speaking in Stillwater, OK. I am supposed to take sign but I happen to be rather long-winded. Can some of you ...
|There is somethig wrong with me
I think there is something wrong with me ... not physically. I have the usual aches and pains of a 60 year old, the usual problems that being uninsured brings (Can I afford to go to the doc and get ...
|Some Different July 4 Thoughts
This is a little late but I have been thinking about the 4th of July and how its meaning has changed for me. Until several years ago, I did not pay much attention to it ... the best celebration I ...
|Help! I need information
I need information about what credut card companies can and cannot do. I have been stupid about money all my life. But things really came to a head about two years ago. Now the credit card ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by CorinaR
- For a long time I was a very active blogger with DailyKos. I had a few personal blogs of my own, too. I was active in the chat and I was frequently posted. Even front paged a time or two. Well, ...118 comments 536 Recs
- It's real simple, folks. We do it the way the Tea Party did in moving the Republican Party to the right. And it has nothing to do with denying our votes to "centrist" candidates on Election Day. ...467 comments 325 Recs
- If I'm here, how can I not be over there? Over there is where I want to be. But if I'm here, I'm not there. But wait... Am I here? Am I actually here? Is it true that DKos 9 will include the ability ...216 comments 144 Recs
- I like cake. If I go to the bakery and ask for a cake, I would like to be sold a cake. I do not want to be sold a box labeled "CAKE" that contains only cake crumbs, or a slice of day-old white bread,676 comments 384 Recs
- I hung these up many years ago, but I am still a soldier at heart. I served in the U.S. Army for four years. I went in as a young, innocent, naïve high school kid seeking the glory I had seen ...290 comments 220 Recs
- In a diary yesterday I shared the story CIA being accused of secretly monitoring its overseers: The CIA Inspector General’s Office has asked the Justice Department to investigate allegations of ...16 comments 34 Recs
- For years, I'd thought about going to see him, in much in the same way some people think about doing their taxes; they put it off until they have to do it. I didn't want to do it, but I felt I had to.54 comments 83 Recs
- I found this article on The National Memo about a speech given by Wendy Davis. Apparently, she dared to give her definition of what it means to be "pro-life": “I am pro-life,” she told a ...372 comments 773 Recs
- she will have. Picture it: Sherry's thin, nervous, 61, a home health care worker and "deeply worried" about a lot of health problems. In a public library Sherry sits with a "Navigator" whose laptop ...59 comments 304 Recs
- First, a reminder: remember when Dewey beat Truman in '48? For most of you, no; even I wasn't even there. But that iconic picture flashing the headline is a cautionary tale to every pollster, no ...65 comments 58 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.