Community Spotlight, formerly Diary Rescue, is dedicated to finding great writing by little-known or unknown diarists whose work hasn't gotten the visibility it deserves. We rescue and promote these diaries based on the original vision set out by Susan Gardner, Matron Saint of the Rescue Rangers, who single-handedly began our mission and has supported us vigorously over the years. We hope you enjoy our efforts.
Music and Arts forum and archive at Daily Kos. Arts are essential and evolutionary.
|Genealogy and Family History Community
We are a Group interested in the research, analysis and discussion of genealogy and family histories, our own and others. We invite all those who desire guidance in getting started in their research, those who are looking for suggestions for getting past a problem in their on-going projects (brick walls), those willing to share resources, or those who simply want to talk about their projects (and we KNOW how family historians love to talk about their projects). All family backgrounds welcome an...
Discover the masterpiece Les Miserables from the perspective of Victor Hugo, the humanist and the activist.
|Monday Night Cancer Club
Monday Night Cancer Club is a Daily Kos group focused on dealing with cancer, primarily for cancer survivors and caregivers, though clinicians, researchers, and others with a special interest are also welcome. Volunteer diarists post Monday evenings between 7:30-8:30 PM ET on topics related to living with cancer, which is very broadly defined to include physical, spiritual, emotional and cognitive aspects. Mindful of the controversies endemic to cancer prevention and treatment, we ask that both...
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
|Saturday Morning Home Repair
A weekly forum of advice and encouragement for Kossak DIYers repairing and improving their homes.
This is a group for gardeners, farmers, and anyone else who wants to offer, trade, gift, give, or ask for plant seeds. We can also talk about our work with plants here. It will be okay to go off topic.
|Slavery in the United States - History
This purpose of this group is to review the historical record without revisionism about the inhumane institution of Slavery in the United States.
This group is for Daily Kos members who live in or are interested in Virginia.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by DrLori
- And so it begins. 6 officers indicted. The kindling has been lit and the embers are now in the wind. I wonder how far these beacons of light will spread? I wonder how many of us are willing to be ...8 comments 10 Recs
- The end is near. By this I mean that I'm entering the home stretch of this year's six week long experiment in reprinting old diaries as I lurch grimly toward Kalamazoo. The paper is partially done,23 comments 11 Recs
- This book review is slightly long - but I crammed it full of thought, feeling, experience and imagination. Then I lovingly planished the prose until it flowed smoothly. This diary has sandpipers vs.68 comments 38 Recs
- Imagine for a moment that a man's neck was almost severed, nearly clean cut in the most painful way possible, while in the custody of the people charged with the duty of protecting and serving. ...447 comments 417 Recs
- In the nineteenth century, before the advent of modern scientific chronometric dating, archaeologists and museum curators relied exclusively on relative dating. To make sense out of the chaotic ...24 comments 122 Recs
- I do enjoy Susan Gubar's essays on living with advanced, metastatic cancer--not because she's ill, of course, but because she's so fierce about living as well as she can regardless. Her latest is ...27 comments 21 Recs
- Some large conservation organizations have a problem. They have to get the money needed to run their programs without being co-opted by the organizations and corporations who donate to them, but ...72 comments 132 Recs
- Not all is politics and work here in the land of beer and cheese. The storm windows are down and stored, the screens are up, the house is open and the sun is shining. Spring has come, and it's time ...20 comments 42 Recs
- Good Morning All. I am James, also known as exlrrp this is the Saturday Morning Home Repair Blog where the Dailykos community gets together to talk about all things construction and repair. Our ...64 comments 34 Recs
- Thank you so much! However, due to personnel changes here at Daily Kos and poor communication at the post office, we discovered a bin of mail going back months, including lots of checks, that had ...18 comments 18 Recs