Well, it seems we can't get anything done. After a decade, and over the objections of blessed Ted (he's passed by the way), seems this ain't gonna happen.
The developer of Cape Wind has terminated contracts to buy land and facilities in Falmouth and Rhode Island, the latest sign that the $2.5 billion effort to become the nation’s first offshore wind farm may never produce a kilowatt of energy.Could'a led the way. Could'a been groundbreaking.
Yet the Enviros along with Ted killed it? Let's make up our minds, shall we?
I am confused. Too much NIMBY?
Ripped from the headlines of the NY Post...yeah it's the NYP
The US Postal Service plans to sell 56 buildings — so it can lease space more expensively — and the real estate company of the California senator’s husband, Richard Blum, is set to pocket about $1 billion in commissions.Yeah, yeah, yeah. But is it true?
Maybe she can get that vineyard next to Nancy's now?
There are things that make one go hhhmmmmm.....
It was 1999, I was in Dubai doing work stuff. The most poignant moments of my time there was being awakened at sunrise, with the windows of my room open.
What I heard was the call to prayer, from multiple Mosques around the city. Echoing. Repeating. It was an awesome experience and the indication of what faith means to those that follow.
I won't kid you. I have issues with extremism and cruelty and lots of other stuff that's going on in our world emanating from a supposed single source.
I am saddened that Duke U has chosen to "play it safe".
The call to prayer is a wonderful thing.
Well, isn't this a fine kettle of fish.
Ripped from the Headlines of the NYT, no less...
WASHINGTON — For years, Harvard’s experts on health economics and policy have advised presidents and Congress on how to provide health benefits to the nation at a reasonable cost. But those remedies will now be applied to the Harvard faculty, and the professors are in an uproar.Oh my.
Members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the heart of the 378-year-old university, voted overwhelmingly in November to oppose changes that would require them and thousands of other Harvard employees to pay more for health care. The university says the increases are in part a result of the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act, which many Harvard professors championed.
The faculty vote came too late to stop the cost increases from taking effect this month, and the anger on campus remains focused on questions that are agitating many workplaces: How should the burden of health costs be shared by employers and employees? If employees have to bear more of the cost, will they skimp on medically necessary care, curtail the use of less valuable services, or both?
One percent much?
Well boys and girls, "suddenly" Sony has found some cojones and will be releasing THE INTERVIEW in 200 theaters this week.
Oh my... How bold. How rejecting "terrorism".
Gee, even Anon says it wasn't NK.
But won't EVERYONE want to see this sh*t faux comedy movie now?
Actually, Team America was the one to see, but no time for that now, I must sleep over and get in line instead of spending Xmas with the family.
Y'a know that Sony CEO should get a gazillion dollars for the bestest ever movie launch.
The world is made of fools....
than another Clinton is another Bush presidency.
Liz aint runnin. Barry can't get elected.
Who we got?
Hello? Buehler? Buehler?
From the NYT
Well, boys and girls, here we are. Lied to again. You're shocked? Well, tough nuggies.
Join me below the fold, if you dare...
CNN) -- Jack Bruce, singer, songwriter and bassist for legendary 1960s rock band Cream, died Saturday at 71.Strange Brew
Bruce's family confirmed the death of the Scottish musician on his official website and Facebook page.
"The world of music will be a poorer place without him, but he lives on in his music and forever in our hearts."
Lewis said he does not yet know what charges will be filed, adding that police are waiting until the man is conscious to arrest him. Moore police have asked the FBI to aid in the investigation and look into the man's background because of the nature of the attack, Lewis said.Even if you don't usually, pray.
One of many, Admin spin machines attempting to convince us we have not gone to WAR.
CNN’s Elise Labott to John Kerry during a Wednesday interview in Saudi Arabia:Nah, it's just drones and F16's and sh*t... it's not WAR.
Labott: “Are we at war with ISIS?”
Kerry: “I think that’s the wrong terminology. What we are doing is engaging in a very significant counterterrorism operation. It’s going to go on for some period of time. If somebody wants to think about it as being a war with ISIL, they can do so, but the fact is it’s a major counterterrorism operation that will have many different moving parts.”
That's not a Knife!
Oh, and at least 10 of the Arab League will consider blocking funding to IS and Al Nusra Front. They may also consider actually getting involved militarily....Woa. Good job JK. Ketchup!
Now we our outraged.
Now we go back to Iraq and as added bonus Syria! Let's just not bring up the clusterf**k that Afghan continues to be.
Does he have the power? Yes, according to POTUS.
Does he need the authorization of Congress to go to WAR? Nah.
If you're gonna bomb them into the stone age, then do it. We've been bombing Iraq since 1992 and the f'g no fly zone. But he won't. and we won't and the Arab League "coalition" of Sunni States are gonna go into to Shia Territory as saviors?
This is just all so f'd up. And we have made so many mistakes under both R and D Admins I don't see a way out anymore.
Hopefully POTUS really has a plan and a strategy. We shall see tonight.
Recommended by EdMass
- "war 'ought' to be instrumental, in the sense that it ought to be waged in order to achieve some goal, never for its own sake; and also in the sense that strategy and tactics ought to be directed ...222 comments 108 Recs
- ♥For My Grandfather Michael Murphy♥ He worked on the Central Railroad , in Jersey City, NJ (100 years ago). Unloading box cars with a big hook. He and his fellow workers, sweltered in the ...43 comments 24 Recs
- It's been hard to summarize the illogical disconnect that Americans have in regards to our latest war in Iraq. Fortunately, the movie American Sniper does that for us. In the movie our ...71 comments 103 Recs
- That video was captured by EdMass and retitled Climate Change: The Best Evah Weather Report . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they ...27 comments 57 Recs
- There's no IED explosion on Mr. Friedman's resume. No years spent as a linebacker in the NFL. Still, here's what he wrote under the title "5 Principles for Iraq" in the Sunday Review at NY Times. ...60 comments 16 Recs
- Science has shown that there is no god. No. Just, no. Read the diary on [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/21/1300982/-The-Limits-of-Science the limits of science]. Science also cannot show ...785 comments 225 Recs
- The common perception is that we are killing the worst of the worst, ISIS. It's an easy sell to make because the jihadists have intentionally sold themselves as butchers that should be feared.61 comments 17 Recs
- Bombing ISIS will have a very limited impact. That's the overwhelming consensus of analysts and senior Pentagon planning officers and Pentagon ...63 comments 30 Recs
- Just keeping my DFH license validated. Jerry was born this day 72 years ago.95 comments 95 Recs
- While you were distracted by the World Cup and whatever stupid thing leading Republican politicians have recently said, Afghanistan almost descended into another civil war . But as Western ...50 comments 33 Recs