Group founded by ManfromMiddletown
They meet in secret. They write our laws. They want us silent. The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is a conservative organization designed to bring together state legislators and corporate representatives to craft legislation later introduced in state chambers. We feel that the least the public is owed in a democracy is transparency. That's why we are shining a light on ALEC. On its legislative members, its corporate sponsors, and its anti-social agenda.
- In March, I ...5 comments 7 Recs
- It's a measure of the failure of Mike Pence as Governor of Indiana that he is suddenly vulnerable to defeat in the 2016 elections. People from outside the state have this idea of Indiana as an ...7 comments 6 Recs
- In a discussion held during Perry's bid for the 2012 Republican nomination he openly mentioned that Texas had, during his administration, readied legislation calling for Texas to secede from the ...21 comments 8 Recs
- Sad day for America and Baltimore; when the people that run the country Alec are involved in every aspect of government decision making. I feel that the police training policy is in preparation for ...6 comments 0 Recs
- Expect to hear a LOT about Family Foundations that were started by some Politicians named Clinton. DON'T expect to hear a lot about Family Foundations that are operated by Libertarian Billionaires ...33 comments 46 Recs
- Despite a longstanding criticism of the Koch Brothers for their largely successful attempts to thwart policies to deal with climate change, progressive magazine Mother Jones validated a publication ...1 comments 6 Recs
- So let me get this straight. We're going to outmaneuver the oligarchs by placing a person or two on the SCOTUS while leaving hundreds of neoliberals in place, from the bottom to the White House, ...783 comments 205 Recs
- Politics in Texas can be a real challenge for grassroots activists like me. There are so many contradictions, mind boggling ironies, silver forked tongue charlatans and snake oil chicanery to cut ...22 comments 17 Recs
- On April 7, Wisconsin's Board of Commissioners of Public Lands voted 2-1 to ban those employed by the agency from doing any work pertaining to climate change or global warming while doing public ...11 comments 80 Recs
- Jean Wagenius sounded the alarm Sunday. The North Star chapter of the Sierra Club sounded the alarm yesterday. Sally Jo Sorensen ...13 comments 25 Recs
Exposing ALEC's Tags
Exposing ALEC's Blogroll
- No current results.