Posting History for Fresno
|Tar Sands, Indigenous Sovereignty, Water Policy, and #IdleNoMore
Monday's Idle No More protests by thousands of Indigenous people and their allies across Canada have their roots in resistance to tar sands development and the Harper government's blatant ...
|"Idle No More" and the Native Spring: Indigenous Resurgence in Canada
There's something happening in Canada, perhaps the beginnings of a broad Indigenous movement. It's getting almost no coverage in mainstream Canadian media, and zero or subzero attention here in the U.
|Catching up on the Rent: Obama signs Native Education Order
Today Barack Obama signed an executive order, Improving ...
|When asked, "What have you done about racism?"
I guess one of the things I'll be able to say is that I joined the one-week boycott of Daily Kos in 2011. The statistics showing the number of African American people who have been banned did it for ...
|Markovits on how Obama beat the GOP
Yale law professor Daniel Markovits argues in the Los Angeles Times that the GOP lost ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Fresno
- Long before the European invasion of North America, five Iroquoian-speaking tribes formed a powerful confederation known as the League of Five Nations. The idea for this confederacy came from the ...3 comments 26 Recs
- During the nineteenth century there were a number of religious movements that developed among diverse Indian tribes. One of these, called the Ghost Dance by non-Indians, arose among the Paiute in ...3 comments 16 Recs
- By 1965, the administration of federal Indian relationships and Indian reservations had been firmly entrenched in the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), which is a part of the Department of the Interior.4 comments 23 Recs
- I wrote a diary on the rise of cancers among First Nations peoples for this last Monday Night Cancer Club. It sparked quite the conversation. I learned that there is also a misconception that ...159 comments 89 Recs
- After convening agribusiness, urban water agency and corporate "environmental" NGO leaders to discuss the drought last week, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. will hold another closed door meeting in ...3 comments 10 Recs
- SACRAMENTO – Rep. Doris Matsui is the target of a rally Friday by a large coalition of dozens of Sacramento-area labor, environmental, military veteran and health professionals opposing the Trans-...3 comments 11 Recs
- The Kootenai (also spelled Kutenai), whose aboriginal homelands straddled the Rocky Mountains and included parts of Western Montana, Idaho, British Columbia, and Alberta, have a unique language and ...11 comments 33 Recs
- In 1763, the Ottawa leader Pontiac led an alliance of Indian nations in the Ohio Valley in a war of resistance against the British. In defeating this Indian alliance, the British turned to ...5 comments 27 Recs
- It should be self explanatory why you shouldn't run from bears. But, for those needing a quick primer: 1) they can run faster than you 2) they get hungrier than you 3) does there need to be a #3? ...102 comments 72 Recs
- In 1965, Indian concerns centered around a number of issues, including the hunting and fishing rights which had been guaranteed in treaties; land claims often related to fraudulent treaties; Indian ...4 comments 20 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.