Below you'll find recent contributions related to Future Gazer's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|UPDATED: Asst Wayne Cty prosecutor re: Baltimore protesters: "Shoot em. Period. End of discussion."
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...
|CA Kossack aitchdee: Struggling to Make It to SSDI
This is a followup diary to the one I posted last week ,
|Michigan/Motor City Kossacks Weekly Open Thread: DIA for Rivera/Kahlo; Aura Rosser Demo; Activate313
A bit of a catch-all diary tonight. First, the DIA excursion for the Rivera/Kahlo exhibit; second, a demonstration about Aura Rosser and fundraiser for her family; third, an online calendar for ...
|North Coast Film Night to Expose Threats to Rivers
The Shasta Dam raise proposed by the federal government threatens over 40 of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe's sacred sites and would harm salmon, steelhead and other imperiled fish populations on the ...
|Father of black Detroit youth shot by ICE agent: "They brought my son downstairs and executed him"
Originally posted at Eclectablog . On Monday of this week U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Officer Mitchell Quinn shot and killed 20-year old Detroiter Terrance Kellom. The killing took ...
|Michigan AG Schuette's hired gun paid $50K to tell SCOTUS gay marriage creates unwed mothers
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . There is a great deal of speculation on how the Supreme Court will decide the case of Obergefell v. Hodges , the case that will likely decide once and for ...
|Cartoon: Satire to die for||Matt Bors||04/29/2015||13|
|I heard gunfire while lying in my safe suburban bed
The Grande Ballroom in Detroit wasn't destroyed in the 1967 riots, but images like this one of the city came to be because of that terrible week in July 1967. (Image used under Creative Commons ...
|BFSkinner bled again. Back in hospital, awaiting surgery.
Sigh. Our friend BFSkinner returned to the emergency room on Friday due to intestinal blood loss and extreme weakness. He remains hospitalized at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, ...
|Color me shocked: Michigan GOP State Senator spewing nonsense re. Obamacare
I live in Michigan, but I've never heard of Patrick Colbeck. All I know about him is that he wrote an Op-Ed piece for the Detroit News on Friday which has more factual holes than the swiss cheese I ...
|aitchdee Update: Progress Made, Help Still Needed in CA
I last wrote in January about the troubles of long-time kossack aitchdee -- you can see that diary here . Since ...
|Michigan/Motor City Kossacks Weekly Open Thread: Detroit, the Good and the Ugly; DIA Meet-up
Hey hey! For once, I actually have *photos* to post from a demo I attended! I hope you're as impressed as I am. ;) Simple and to the point ...
|Cartoon: The Whiteness Fairy||Matt Bors||04/22/2015||29|
|Detroit police officer who shot 7-year-old girl in botched raid returns to duty
In 2010, Detroit police officer Joseph Weekley participated in a "no knock" raid on the home 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones shared with her grandmother. Police said they were looking for a ...
|DERP ALERT: Michigan bigots now trying to out-bigot each other
Originally posted at Eclectablog . After the owner of Indiana pizzeria Memories publicly declared she wouldn't make her pies for same-sex weddings, she raked in well over $800,000 from a GoFundMe....
|BFSkinner about to leave the hospital.
BFSkinner's discharge paperwork is done. His brother is about to drive him home. BF expects to rest for a while. Once he recovers from the trip home, he will post a diary. Hurray!
|Detroit Zoo investing in technology to turn waste into energy
Bengal Tiger The Detroit Zoo is investing $1.1 million into a biodigester that would convert the yearly 400-500 tons of manure (and other organic waste) the zoo creates into methane heavy gas. The ...
|Laura Gottesdiener: Another Round of Detroit Refugees?
This article originally appeared at TomDispatch.com. To receive TomDispatch in your inbox three times a week, click here . I noticed recently that the catastrophe area that was once the great city ...
Recommended by Future Gazer
- Needless to say I'm a very proud D-Kos Dad tonight!!!! Please check below the squiggle for my daughter's, Holly Otterbein who reports for Philadelphia Magazine, interview on the Last Word tonight! ...37 comments 138 Recs
- TWO WEEKS AFTER SURGERY... TODAY THE PIC BELOW IS DURING THE MEETUP WHEN i WAS SO SICK AND DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW SICK. ME IN AUGUST AT THE MEETUP... VERY ...59 comments 86 Recs
- Jackson Women's Health Organization still open, for now. In 1997, Mississippi had six health clinics that performed abortions. Now it has one. If the forced-birthers in and out of the state ...60 comments 160 Recs
- Look, I'm an ugly American. I speak one language, and only moderately well at that. Sure, I know a handful of phrases and words in French and Spanish, but saying I have any fluency would be false. ...77 comments 53 Recs
- I didn't really plan on writing a diary today. I am supposed to be working. The first notice I got that the buffer zone legislation had been overturned was from Planned Parenthood Action Fund. I ...282 comments 569 Recs
- Seems like such a great place doesn't it? All this information about the matters of the day, plus special diaries by great storytellers, personal memoirs and issue specific diaries to read. Others ...199 comments 229 Recs
- Gallon jar of kombucha, a new fixture in our kitchen ...74 comments 46 Recs
- Election night in Jackson County Oregon. One County measure 15-119 was a measure to ban the growing of GMO crops in Jackson County. We were outspent by Monsanto, Syngenta, Bayer and DuPont by more ...670 comments 414 Recs
- Taiwan's Sunflower Student Movement is still going strong as it nears the end of its third week of occupation of the country's Legislative Yuan (the national congress building). The takeover of ...5 comments 20 Recs
- Well it might be time for all us engineers to come together and have a good old growl at the world in general So having taken a risk assessment, consulted the health and safety guide and locked the ...282 comments 80 Recs
Future Gazer's Tags
- No current results.
Future Gazer's Blogroll
- No current results.