Below you'll find recent contributions related to Gay CA Democrat's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Black Kos, Tuesday Chile
(Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...
|The Grieving Room: my quilt is so beautiful! THANK YOU ALL
My quilt has arrived! I do not have the words to thank you all. Welcome, fellow travelers on the grief journey and a special welcome to anyone new to The Grieving Room. We meet every Monday ...
|The White House Correspondents' Dinner: America's political saturnalia||Dante Atkins||05/03/2015||71|
|Books Go Boom! Dai Sijie's 'Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress'
This book review is slightly long - but I crammed it full of thought, feeling, experience and imagination. Then I lovingly planished the prose until it flowed smoothly. This diary has sandpipers vs.
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 John P. Parker (1827 – February 4, 1900) was an African-American abolitionist, inventor, iron moulder and ...
|CA Kossack aitchdee: Struggling to Make It to SSDI
This is a followup diary to the one I posted last week ,
|ACTION NEEDED: Where California Goes, the Nation Goes...
Hi all! I know, long time, no hear. I'm still ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
How much longer? Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez I'm not even sure why I am asking this question, except right now I'm tired. Saw ...
|California's Automatic Voter Registration Bill Advances
Last night, a California Assembly panel approved a proposal to automatically register Californians to vote when they get a driver’s license. The bill was introduced in the Assembly by ...
|The Grieving Room—Open Thread for April 27: One Big Grief
No one was on the schedule for tonight and I am on the road at a work conference so I am posting this as an Open Thread for people who want a place to gather. Please share whatever you need to ...
|Same-sex marriage opposition is a modern-day 'Mudsill theory'
Sorry. Can't let you get married because straight people won't feel superior any more. This upcoming Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on whether it is constitutional for ...
|aitchdee Update: Progress Made, Help Still Needed in CA
I last wrote in January about the troubles of long-time kossack aitchdee -- you can see that diary here . Since ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
It is such a shame Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar Ben Affleck was mortified to find out that he had at least one slave-owning ancestor. So humiliated, in fact, that he asked Professor ...
|The Strongest Power In The Universe
In my life, I've always been suspicious of anything or anyone who makes the claim ... the strongest, or the best, or ... the most or the greatest..... Until now...
Recommended by Gay CA Democrat
- "Kill the Faggots" - it is apparently what Jesus would do. Randall Hermann tried (unsuccessfully) to launch a line of Christian-themed skateboarding shoes before moving to another ...329 comments 119 Recs
- Beating an innocent is so hilarious! Police officers in Inkster, Michigan pulled Floyd Dent over for maybe, possibly not completely stopping at a stop sign and ...126 comments 257 Recs
- South Carolina officers Eric Walters and Franklin "Frankie" Brown After pleading guilty to federal charges of deprivation of rights, two Marion, South Carolina, police officers ...109 comments 197 Recs
- This is the video Dana Hamrick originally posted to YouTube last Monday about the bullying she endures every day at Truman High School in Taylor, MI. I know that was hard to watch. It was hard ...79 comments 101 Recs
- That was the first offensive thing my boss said to me today. It was not the last. We were building a lawn irrigation system for a large house with a small yard in downtown Chicago. Everything was ...148 comments 217 Recs
- Awesome prom proposal! Ahhh, spring is in the air. Birds are nesting, flowers are blooming and tuxedo rental shops are bustling with business for a busy prom season. Anthony Martinez is an ...75 comments 237 Recs
- Marissa Holcomb describing the robbery and her firing from Popeye's Marissa Holcomb was hard at work at a Popeye's in Texas. She was in the midst of one of the busiest shifts of the week when a ...335 comments 312 Recs
- Same-sex marriage may seem to be the ultimate goal for many gay people but for many, it is just being treated the same as everyone else, without condemnation. Personally, I do not intend on every ...44 comments 33 Recs
- A day or two ago I got into a discussion with another Kossack about the attitudes on the site towards Hillary Clinton and her candidacy. My interlocutor believes that most people here are either ...438 comments 124 Recs
Gay CA Democrat's Tags
- No current results.
Gay CA Democrat's Blogroll
- No current results.