Posting History for Grandson named me Papa
|Hmmm, write a Diary?
Lately been gettin emails from the kind folks behind DK, urging me to fire up the old diary; guess it's been awhile (almost a year). For one thing, I find so much really outstanding writing here and ...
|Grandson named me Papa||04/20/2015||14||13||-||-|
|Just want to post reply to critic of my last diary
Well, young Fellow, (4+ / 0-) First off; I'm not a "Boomer", I'm a "War Baby". Secondly; don't know your political persuasion, but, your writing style and tone suggests a lot of Right wing ...
|Grandson named me Papa||06/15/2014||7||23||-||-|
|Yea, I'm old, white and sometimes angry; I'm not a RWNJ
Okay on the subject of things to get upset about, this would rate (scale of 1 to 10) a zero; there is a lot more stuff to get the vapors over. However, it does chap my hide to be compared to ...
|Grandson named me Papa||06/14/2014||137||294||-||-|
|This Kid deserves a look!
So, I usually do not endorse Political candidates, because who the hell would listen to me anyway? But, this young Democrat is running against Jim Inhof, in Oklahoma. Some of his ideas are a bit ...
|Grandson named me Papa||04/13/2014||7||7||-||-|
|Hey, KOS folks, need help
Hi, I need some help dealing with (gasp) smart Right Wingnuts who reply to my posts. Am a novice at blogging, memory is not the best. Just wrote a comment to a Charles Krauthamer BS editorial ...
|Grandson named me Papa||12/26/2013||18||4||-||-|
|A link to a must read on Travon
http://gawker.com/on-trayvon-martin-and-our-fear-of-smiling-black-men-836263588 Just read this and thought it was very much worth sharing. Just beautifully thought out and written.
|Grandson named me Papa||07/20/2013||4||6||-||-|
|Oh, my God,
it just sunk in; we won't have Mitt Romney to "kick around any more". For you younger readers, the Part in quotes is from a famous comment by "Tricky Dick" Nixon regarding the Press of the time. ...
|Grandson named me Papa||11/07/2012||16||3||-||-|
|Mmm, how very far, the "Pale Rider" has traveled.
From defending a group of poor, put-upon miners from wealthy,Greedy, Rapacious mine owners; to standing up for the Oligarchy. Who would have thought that the former Mayor of Carmel would turn out ...
|Grandson named me Papa||08/30/2012||25||5||-||167|
|"Here I am again, back on the Road again"
If you don't know the quote, look it up. Another quote "If you live long enough, you'll see everything". I am almost 70, and I just realized that I have not yet seen everything. What I have seen so ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/31/2012||6||4||-||54|
|A must read "The Church Lady State"
Here's the link: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/the-church-lady-state/?nl=opinion&emc=edit_ty_20120323 Enjoy!
|Grandson named me Papa||03/23/2012||2||4||-||157|
|Open Letter to Mitt Romney
Hey Mittster' I hear you like to sing. Well, here is a suggestion for you to que up: Van Morrison," No Guru, No Method, No teacher": "Ivory Tower". It starts like this: "When you come down from ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/20/2012||2||3||-||34|
|Death leaves a heartache...
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal". An old Irish saying My Mom passed away a year ago this past January(she lived to be 90). I found this Irish saying ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/13/2012||13||10||-||83|
|Taxes and other random neuron missfirings
If you're looking for wisdom, stop reading now; step away from the computer. Filed my Federali and CA state taxes last week; man, really cheap this year. Went on the Official IRS website and ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/13/2012||4||2||-||35|
|Open Letter to Rick, Mitt, and Newtie
With all apologies to William Shakespeare. " The EVIL that men do, lives long after their death- The Good is oft interred with their bones." Do you really want to leave a legacy of lies and bullshit?
|Grandson named me Papa||03/11/2012||5||2||-||38|
|A response to "Today I told off a cashier who was trashing the Prsident
This is not about a cashier, but a customer I met in line waiting for the cashier. Was in line at the local Safeway and overheard the guy in front of me engaging in conversation with the checker. "I ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/10/2012||24||16||-||446|
|"Jesus was a Capricorn"
With apologies to Kris Kristofferson. You know every time I hear someone like Rick Santorum spew his "Christian Venom"; this old song by Kris starts up in my head, and pretty soon I am singing it ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/06/2012||9||3||-||78|
|An excellent take down of Rick Santorum
I just wanted to direct Daly Kos folks to an excellent column on Rick Santorum. It is in Thursday, March 1, 2012 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle and was written by columnist John Carroll. ...
|Grandson named me Papa||03/02/2012||16||5||-||119|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Grandson named me Papa
- 89 comments 186 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: May Flowers Edition "Violent thugs run amok in the streets of Baltimore. But enough about the police department." ---Larry Wilmore Chief ...94 comments 56 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Life Lessons I Learned from Republicans in April From the deep thinkers in Conservative Land: The economy is still struggling because workers are watching porn ...70 comments 53 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Just this: My annual posting of this exchange on Real Time with Bill Maher from April, 2011, because oh my god: Bill Maher: The tea party is not all Republican?58 comments 49 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Previously on As the Supreme Court Turns When last we entered the chambers of the nation's highest court to debate the constitutionality of same-sex marriage two ...69 comments 52 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Knot Tying 101 Tomorrow the Supreme Court hears arguments on the constitutionality of same-sex marriage. The religious conservatives are in full freakout mode, ...85 comments 63 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… [ Rimshot! ] The White House Correspondents Dinner is tomorrow night, hosted this year by SNL's Cecily Strong. Some past zingers: “It is a privilege to be ...100 comments 57 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Bravo The Family Research Council hate group has a new video out that issues a warning. The gays, you see, are on the cusp of destroying everything: cakes, ...79 comments 52 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Things I Pledge to Do for Mother Earth Today is the 45th Earth Day , a worldwide event we celebrate every year to remind ourselves that we are, though we don't ...72 comments 55 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Tuesday Twain Blogging Mark Twain, a man whose bullshit detector went to 11, died 105 years ago, on April 21, 1910. A year earlier he wrote: I came in with ...55 comments 56 Recs
Grandson named me Papa's Tags
Grandson named me Papa's Blogroll
- No current results.