Posting History for GussieFN
|Weiner and Obama Are The Same
I don't care about Weiner. Is he the best choice for mayor? Then I'll support him. Is he not? I'll support someone else. To me, Weiner is not a person, he's a potential political function. I don't ...
|Write On! Snarling Slippage
Hello, writers. Tonight I (well, SenSho, but I'm posting this for her) want to talk about POV (point of view) slippage. But you, of course, can talk about whatever you want. As we’ve discussed ...
|Write On! The Good Fight
It's a cliche that 'conflict is drama,' and like all cliches, one in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think SenSho's done a few diaries on conflict, but I disagreed violently with all of them, ...
|Write On? Wrong On!
Everyone makes mistakes. Writers, however, live by the mistake. Mistakes are our craft, that's why we talk in terms of drafts and edits and drafts and rewrites and drafts. (There's a word for a ...
|Walk, Don't Chew Gum!
Frankly I'm appalled by those of us who recommend chewing gum. Every calorie we burn while chewing gum is a calorie we could apply to walking. And walking _gets_ us places. Walking is honest. ...
|Write On! Help and Little Things
Hello, writers. The topic for tonight is help, largely because I need some. SenSho is still dealing with family medical issues, and I'm far too unreliable to handle Write On! myself. So if you're ...
|Write On! Smells So Sweet
Hello, writers. SenSho's dealing with some pretty awful family medical issues right now, so I'm back again. Tonight, I've got two things on my mind. One is titles . Mine almost ...
|Write On! The Kind of Love You Fall In
Hello, writers. SenSho couldn't make it this week, so she flashed the Hack-Signal over Gotham, and I answered the call. (And yes, these tights are totally riding up.) Tonight, because a novel ...
|Write On! Loving the Hate
Hello, writers. SensibleShoes is cavorting this evening, so you're stuck with the backup auxiliary diarist. I've got three questions and a challenge tonight: 1) How does writing affect your reading?
|Write On! What're You Working On? What's Working On You?
Hello, writers. I'm sitting in for SensibleShoes this week, because she's stepping out. An orgiastic vacation at some sort of naturalist camp, from what I understand, with plenty of [s'mores http://...
|Write On! Bad Writing 2.0
Hello, writers. SensibleShoes is taking some fancy-pants [test http://www.allthetests.com/quiz05/dasquiztd.php3?testid=1048623607&katname=Harry-Potter-(books)] today, so you're stuck with me. "...
|Write On! How To Sell a Novel in 72 Hours
Hello, writers. I'm filling in for SensibleShoes, who is attending a Saran Wrap convention this evening. I don't know what that means, either. She was vague about the details So welcome to the off-...
|Sometimes Your Candidate Sucks
I know this is a shock, but even _your_ candidate isn't perfect. And I'm not talking about a philosophical, above-the-fray sorta imperfection: I mean they fail to act, they fail to lead. They fail ...
|The American Pledge||GussieFN||10/14/2005||3||1||-||10|
|Stolen Steps Out of Iraq||GussieFN||08/25/2005||16||1||1||10|
|Rightward Ho! Or, How dKos Freed My Inner Republican||GussieFN||08/09/2005||34||9||-||-|
|How to Lose an Argument||GussieFN||05/28/2005||247||125||-||13|
|tbrnews and the Jews||GussieFN||05/02/2005||4||4||-||9|
|dKos Community Marketplace (with poll)||GussieFN||04/19/2005||8||4||-||-|
|dKos Community Marketplace||GussieFN||04/12/2005||16||14||-||-|
|dKos Community Marketplace||GussieFN||04/05/2005||20||11||-||-|
|Support the Neocon Agenda!||GussieFN||10/03/2004||1||-||-||1|
|WMD Poll - When You Knew||GussieFN||06/18/2004||91||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by GussieFN
- I'm signing on to two exciting campaigns that would both build the diversity of the Democratic party's leadership and add to progressive strength in this country: Donna Edwards for US Senate in my ...8 comments 15 Recs
- Beware of the stations where the facts are based on lies Some of them are run by aliens in disguise They sneak up behind you and put your brain in a box You can recognize the victims, because they'...47 comments 55 Recs
- Sometimes the numbers on the rich and poor boggle the mind. Let's take two sets of numbers: 1. The % of GDP that the top 1% have received in every year since 1980 2. Compare to the amount they ...4 comments 27 Recs
- When I worked in the Clinton White House, our first big blowout of a fight was the 1993 budget battle. We ended winning every vote by the narrowest of margins, but in the end that budget was ...16 comments 9 Recs
- Melodrama is sometimes rather irresistible. Yeah, I got sucked in from time to time. But OH MY GOD. Can we kind of refocus a bit? I mean it isn't as if reform in NY State is up for grabs in ONE WEEK!!131 comments 224 Recs
- A lot of people warned me before I started my Walk Across Maine for Jobs and the Economy that our rural areas are solidly Republican now. Well, what I found in Mattawamkeag yesterday is that ...30 comments 100 Recs
- There a is rather passionate community debate about the merits of Markos' personal boycott of AZ, and, therefore, not allowing his business to participate in an event taking place there. This is a ...124 comments 87 Recs
- Adolph Reed has made a recent splash with his essay in Harper's Magazine and subsequent interview with Bill Moyers . His thesis essentially states that the Left spends too much of its time ...242 comments 203 Recs
- The Murray-Ryan budget deal presented last night, as you probably already know, does not include an extension of unemployment insurance for the long-term unemployed. Earlier today, 166 House ...66 comments 130 Recs
- Secretary of State John Kerry in discussions with Syrian opposition in April 2013. A little more "jaw, jaw" before "war, war" please. Jack Balkin wrote : ...321 comments 183 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.