Posting History for HarryWaisbren
|Why you should phone bank to save the Senate
Progressive activists of all stripes are fighting to prevent the GOP from taking control of the Senate on behalf of their billionaire backers. But how can we best do this if we live in blue states?
|Zephyr Teachout taking on Gov. 1%
Zephyr Teachout on All In With Chris I couldn’t be more excited that Zephyr Teachout is looking increasingly “ ...
|“Wall Street hero” Governor 1% Andrew Cuomo receives a well-deserved public smackdown
Yesterday I joined hundreds of activists occupying our state Capitol to demand a New York that works for #AllOfUs , not only the 1%. Dozens of groups came ...
|Sandy Survivors and supporters 'Occupy Christie' at Camp Sandygate in lead up to his inauguration
Cross-posted at act.tv Our mainstream media has been awash in coverage of Governor Chris Christie’s ‘Bridgegate’ scandal. But are they reaching the broader implications?
|Winning Video - Elizabeth Warren & Occupy Wall Street Models
If you know me, you know I’m an extreme optimist about the potential for progressive activists to take advantage of the game-changing advances in video that are just starting to get going. I ...
|Occupy's Impact Continues to Blossom
September 17th this week marked Occupy Wall Street’s second anniversary, and as we depicted in the Occupy Network S17 newsletter , it could not be a better time to take stock of where we ...
|Past is Prologue
This feels like the Summer before Occupy Wall Street began. Past is prologue, yet in our real time age captured by the sea of social media it can be hard to orient yourself to see the bigger ...
|OWS Reflections in Anticipation of Drinking Liberally Annual Celebration
It’s that time of year again, where we make sure to take a break from the pervasive shuffle of organizing liberally to raise a glass and celebrate our collective ...
|Bush’s Emboldening of the 1% Inspired the Netroots & OWS Alike
Our mainstream media has been atwitter this week with analysis of the ‘Bush Legacy’ now that his presidential library is set to open. I have many thoughts on how history should judge the first ...
|How to Create & Share Videos of Great Activism
Occupy Wall Street’s success was certainly due in part to great video activism. This was similarly the case in the Wisconsin uprising the spring before, not to mention throughout the Egyptian ...
|OWS Fighting Back Against the Lies
Yetta Kurland and myself negotiating with police and Newscorp security. Photo via Jenna Pope Occupy Wall Street brought in the 2013 New Year ...
|Occupy Wall Street's Impact on the Presidential Election
In my view the quickest way to explain the relationship between Occupy Wall Street and electoral politics is that OWS is ...
|Occupy Wall Street & Electoral Politics
The uneasy relationship between Occupy Wall Street and electoral politics has always been one of the greatest distinguishing factors for our burgeoning movement. Likewise, in the leadup to the 2012 ...
|Speaking From the Heart About Money in Politics
It has been an emotional rollercoaster for progressives across the board ever since Scott Walker’s billionaire backers successfully bought the state of Wisconsin. The blatant manner in ...
|The Wi$con$in Model to Subvert Democracy
The Wisconsin recall elections were a canary in the coal mine to working families across the country, and we were lucky that it happened so close to Netroots Nation so that we could immediately ...
|Wisconsin Occupied Netroots Nation
Netroots Nation 2012 started just a few days after the Wi$con$in recall elections, and served as an extremely cathartic experience for me. In particular, I was quite proud to join the panel Take a ...
|Occupy Forward From Wisconsin
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker came to office in the spectre of the Arab Spring, and opened America’s 2011 legislative session by declaring class war on working families. He shamelessly put up ...
|Reflecting before the #LL12 Living Liberally Celebration
This year's Living Liberally celebration is coming up on May 10th, and it has me reflecting on what my favorite Living Liberally moment was from 2012. Although there are many of them, I ...
|Occupy & Wisconsin discussions at Netroots New York||HarryWaisbren||01/26/2012||2||5||1||76|
|Solidarity Sing Along Charges Ahead in Fight for Freedom of Speech||HarryWaisbren||12/20/2011||18||15||-||110|
|Hundreds Challenge Walker with Illegal Singing||HarryWaisbren||12/19/2011||23||55||-||365|
|#WIsing Illegally Singing for Free Speech
The action is just starting to get going in the Occupy Madison ...
|Occupy Madison GA Endorses Solidarity Sing Along Standoff
A whole lot of my and the whole Wisconsin contingent's efforts at large during Netroots New York and the Occupy Wall Street unconference this weekend were spent explaining and advocating for the ...
|#NY2WI Netroots New York In Person & Online Discussion||HarryWaisbren||12/16/2011||1||3||-||26|
|Get Ready: Netroots New York will be talking Wisconsin||HarryWaisbren||12/15/2011||1||8||-||51|
|Come to Netroots New York: Check out the Job Fair||HarryWaisbren||12/15/2011||1||3||-||31|
|Standoff Coming in Wisconsin Against Restrictions to Protest at Capitol||HarryWaisbren||12/07/2011||31||55||1||323|
|Come to Netroots New York: Learn about the Wisconsin uprising||HarryWaisbren||12/06/2011||6||25||-||150|
|Who Will Take On Walker?
The Wisconsin Netroots are abuzz after Senator Feingold released a ‘ message from Russ ’ announcing he will not be running ...
|Fox News' Tea Party Movement
Ever since the Job Party started protesting Fox News out of support for Wisconsin , we have been unequivocally tying their bile to the war ...
|Torture Views Indicative of Fox News
Could there possibly be a better indication of why Fox needs to be fought than their glee at pondering the magnanimous nature of torture? Fox is leading the right wing media crusade ...
|Laugh at the Tea Party, Liberally
For some reason, the worse things seem to get, the better our humor turns out to be. When writing about this dynamic, Kurt Vonnegut specified that “All I really wanted to do was give people the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by HarryWaisbren
- In response to an op-ed where Markos Moulitsas told the movement pushing to draft Elizabeth Warren to run for president to "pack it in" and go home, Ready for Warren campaign manager Erica Sagrans ...52 comments 14 Recs
- This is pretty simple. 28 31 U.S. Senators (D+I) have announced they're joining the #Up4Climate talkathon tonight. There are 27 24 Democrats and 45 Republicans who have not. I've made a Twitter ...19 comments 31 Recs
- I'm so sorry this is so short, and I'll delete in a bit, but tune into Rachel Maddow's "Why We Did" on NOW. I almost forgot to change the channel. I won't do any running commentary. I'm no good ...27 comments 18 Recs
- New Yorkers are leaders and trendsetters. The fossil fuel divestment movement offers a rare opportunity to show true leadership in the transformation of our energy system. While small actions are ...5 comments 4 Recs
- Anger at the bailouts of Wall Street exploded in 2008, and has never gone away- especially when none of the Wall Street executives who committed financial fraud went to jail, few were even fired, ...3 comments 8 Recs
- Tonight I gloat in the news that the Capitol Police's summer smackdowns of Solidarity Singing was found unconstitutional in the eyes of the law. Those militarized bastards were taking gentle ...97 comments 261 Recs
- It is official. Clay ' couldn't even win American Idol ' Aiken is running against Renee ' I need my paycheck but federal employees can starve during the shutdown ' Ellmers in North Carolina's 2nd ...275 comments 311 Recs
- And he sets the record straight while he does it. During the well publicized debate with the creationist Ken Ham, Mr. Nye demonstrated time after time that there is a method to why things are the ...253 comments 256 Recs
- It was cold tonight. So cold that batteries start to get weird, that cameras quit working, that you stand amazed when over 100 people turn out to protest dirty oil, the scraping of the Canadian ...26 comments 70 Recs
- President Obama gave a terrific State of the Union speech last night. His message was broadly progressive in a wide variety of ways, really focused on economic issues which will help low and ...12 comments 29 Recs
- No current results.