Posting History for Idaho07
|Bring Back the Firing Squads
Contradictory as it seems, I'm against the death penalty, but I'm all for making the firing squad the means of execution everywhere the death penalty is allowed. My thoughts come from a fairly rare ...
|3 Daves and a Mike on World Water Day
Most folks who know me here know I play the 5-string banjo. I live in Idaho, a dry state where water has always been very important. To my farming and ranching family, any water has always been ...
|My response to a call to contribute from Kos' crew
As an occasional diary contributor to Daily Kos, I recently got an email urging me to post some more. It said in part: "With the election over, there’s a lot to talk about where Democrats must go—
|Reflections of a Fountain Pen Addict
When I was in the 9th grade, back in the early 60s, I had an English teacher who insisted everyone in her class was to use only a fountain pen for all the writing we did. Back then, a student grade ...
|Idaho's Butch Otter Tries to Stop Same Sex Marriage Again
Idaho's governor Butch Otter is running for an unprecedented 3rd term, and is worried. His opponent, A.J. Balukoff, a Boise businessman and a longtime member of his local school board, is punching ...
|Gotta love Idaho crazy.
Idaho has always been mostly conservative. It's the nature of the state, and part of the reason why our liberals are so liberal. For a long time, Idahoans liked to keep things in rough balance, ...
|Pete Seeger died today. I was one of his musical children.
I have two musical fathers, and they are both gone now. One taught me there were no limits on my chosen instrument, and the other taught me the spiritual power my instrument has with all Americans.
|Idaho's Republican Civil War
Idaho is one of the states that manages its political parties by a central committee system. Both Republican and Democratic parties have county central committees whose job is to coordinate party ...
|A Practical Way To Limit Combat Weapons
I'm an Idahoan. I learned how to shoot around age 10, and was a hunter in my youth for years. I'm familiar with firearms, comfortable around them, and know very well what they are capable of doing; I'
|We are all Republicans now Part III
Early this week I posted a diary describing Idaho Democrat's quandary- I had to declare as a Republican to do my part in voting against the Republican extremists who have taken over Bonneville County'
|We are all Republicans now, part II
A few days ago, I posted a diary titled "We are all Republicans now." It discussed Idaho's far right attempts to restrict the Idaho primary in furtherance of their agenda, and it was very troubling ...
|We're All Republicans Now
Here in Idaho, the primary will be held next Tuesday. For about half of us, our only option is to register as a Republican if we want to make our votes count.
|Idaho House Kills Intrusive Abortion Bill!
Even in Idaho, where the wingnuts are running the moderates out of the totally dominant Republican party, the Representatives know when the jig is up, and a wrong vote could cost them their job. A ...
|Sarah Palin goes after Mitt... possibly.
I've been working on imitating Sarah Palin's- uh- unique manner of speech, but every time I think I have it down, she one-ups me once again. I snagged this from Real Clear Politics this morning. ...
|A Nation of Blackhearts?
I participated in a topic discussion recently on Warren Jeffs, the convicted leader of the Fundamentalist Latter-Day Saints Church. Jeffs was recently given a life sentence for two counts of ...
|They are coming to take away my Gibson!
You may have heard about the Customs Department's raid a week ago on the Gibson Guitar factories in Nashville and Memphis. Armed agents wearing SWAT gear went into the factories during working hours,
|The Real Deal Cowboy
I recently posted some comments on a Butch Otter thread about what a real cowboy wears. Butch is far from the real deal- he likes to rope, but it's just a hobby for him. His real job is ruining of ...
|Another poignant story with banjo connections
I wrote a diary last year about banjo players, my own playing, and the strange connections that came from a group of fellow banjoists and I to the 9/11 plane crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It ...
The roll call of the dead at Ground Zero was read again today. It's fitting and proper that these people be remembered, but on every anniversary of the attacks, I remember the folks who died just ...
|Update on Idaho's Wack Republicans
I posted a diary on the Idaho Republican's extreme convention planks the other day. it didn't take very long for the dissention to begin...
|Idaho Repubs in Trouble?
How could such a thing be? Isn't Idaho the reddest state in the nation? Maybe not as red as you think. Signs and portents are in the air in the Big Potato.
No matter what you think about Idaho and it's politics, you are probably wrong unless you have lived here for a while.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Idaho07
- Alice Barker enjoying the rare footage her friends were able to find. The most delightful video of the day. Alice Barker is 102 years old and thanks friends and volunteers at her nursing home in ...94 comments 331 Recs
- We had visitors in from the Midwest (Kansas City) this weekend, folks we hadn't seen in many years. This was their first trip to New York and they wanted to do touristy things, which was fine. Now ...356 comments 453 Recs
- The "religious freedom" debacles in Indiana and Arkansas have illustrated a lot of important points lately. The big one, of course, is that we as a society are moving past the point where it is ...214 comments 274 Recs
- Yesterday brought us two very moving and heartfelt diaries on the subject of coming out of the closet. I noticed and acknowledged both of those diaries but I think there is a further point to be ...131 comments 78 Recs
- Wiki leaks released a confidential document that outlines the Investment portion of the TPP. The text can be found here: https://wikileaks.org/tpp-investment/WikiLeaks-TPP-Investment-Chapter.pdf ...25 comments 8 Recs
- Bill "Robocop" Melendez pictured in the middle On this past January 28, Floyd Dent, a grandfather and 37-year veteran employee of Ford Motor Company had absolutely no idea that he was about to ...125 comments 217 Recs
- March 25 is the anniversary of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist fire, which happened in 1911. The basic facts are pretty well known. The company was among the staunchest opponents of unionization, ...27 comments 70 Recs
- A couple of years ago I was very busy visiting and helping a dear long-term friend who suffered from some mysterious illness which caused spells of partial paralysis. I had a key to his house and ...14 comments 70 Recs
- Reposted on the anniversary of the assassination of Rev. King. MB This will be a very short diary. It will not contain any links or any scholarly references. It is about a very ...1030 comments 1686 Recs
- Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. The fact that Dolly Parton has become such a beloved entertainer across so wide a spectrum of American audiences is a unique story. She is one of ...214 comments 298 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.