Posting History for JohnMac
|Racism in the 21st Century
I'm in my 60s, and have a sister, a dear woman I love very much. We are both White. Even though she lives in a city far away, we keep in touch via email and usually Skype 1c a week or even more. She ...
|Can Joe leave soon enough?
I live in Connecticut, good old blue Connecticut. It is good in many ways. Not perfect, but good. As s resident, I'm a constituent of Senator Joe Lieberman. Did you know that after he was re-elected ...
In 1912, an Italian statistician named Corrado Gini published a paper called "Variability and Mutability." It's a measure of statistical dispersion, of the inequality of distribution with zero being ...
in its most common usage, according to Wikipedia, refers to circumstances in which an insurance company tries to recoup expenses for a claim it paid out when another party should have been ...
|I'm tired of this winter weather in New England
but global warming is still one of the most important issues of our day. In 50 years, in 100 years, people and their politicians will point to this decade and speak not of health care, economic ...
|Labour Day Weekend
Four or five times a year, my beloved wife of 30+ years takes it on the lam and spends a weekend away. Sometimes, it's a small burg like Cobleskill (love the ...
|A Letter to My Senator
It it tough living in Connecticut, served in the US Senate as I am by Senators Chris Dodd and Joe Lieberman. It's almost enough to cause political schizophrenia. I've been out of pocket all day, ...
|How much is that Prescription in the window?
Do you know how much your prescription costs? Does your Doctor or Prescriber? According to ...
|Let's PAR-TAY! Just, not in Mexico
I'm over 50 years old, and live in stodgy ol' New England, Land of Steady Habits. I'm a professional substance abuse counselor, and I work in that capacity in a prison system. I think drugs of abuse -
|An American Tradition
This tradition does not involve Turkeys nor Politicians. I've lived in New England for over 20 years, and this year, for the 1st time, my wife and my granddaughter took the train to New York City, ...
|Season of the County Fair
Cross posted on My Left Nutmeg As summer ends, and fall approaches, many communities sponsor state, town, and county fairs. One ...
|I am a recoveree
I'm also a professional in the field of drug addiction. I've been tempted to write a diary about it for a long time, but haven't. Today, I went to a conference about Promoting Recovery with Recovery ...
I had my first introduction to the Hilltop Brigade , a grassroots organization founded in Connecticut by Stephanie and Penelope, a couple of constituents ...
For the past decade, the Potsdam, NY Food Co-op has held a fund-raiser during the Holiday Season. Proceeds go to the Neighborhood Center. Out of a spirit of ...
|Running for Office, Local Edition - Part 3
I've published accounts of my adventures of running for office. It's been a trip, to borrow from '60s slang, a roller coaster ride. ...
|Running for Office - Local Edition. Part 2
Back in July, I posted a diary about my initiation into a Good Grade for a Citizen (according to Howard Dean, the best grade he could ...
|Running for Office - Local Edition
You don't have to be a Barack Obama or John Tester to run for office. I don't know if the '50 State Strategy' or the '435 Seat Strategy' includes local politics. If not, they should. I'm running ...
|Paris back in Jail!
I guess all the minor stuff, the Preznit in Rome with the Pope, 13 dead in Iraq, killer storms in Australia, all take a back seat to The Big Story of the Day. What a horrorshow.
|Incarceration in the United States. A primer.
This diary will be the first in a series of reports on the modern prison system, based on my 17 year experience within a state prison system. This is not really a very sexy issue. It is not of ...
|The Inauguration: A Personal Account
What do Nancy Boyda’s Dad, Zach Space’s wife, and Jerry McNerney’s brother (that would be me) all have in common? We all sat together watching our family inaugurated into the 110th ...
|Letter to Nancy||JohnMac||11/10/2006||4||1||-||-|
|On a personal note...||JohnMac||10/14/2006||6||3||-||-|
|The Irony of Bushism||JohnMac||09/29/2006||-||1||-||-|
|No, that's my brother||JohnMac||09/07/2006||10||5||-||9|
|Dear Senator Lieberman||JohnMac||08/16/2006||4||3||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by JohnMac
- There are times when the media really does their best to sicken us all. This ...142 comments 340 Recs
- Here's some more scary news from the Duke City, and it's for real. Not from any of its famous TV series. The county district attorney overseeing Albuquerque Police has gone on the record in the ...97 comments 427 Recs
- I really wonder whether the Republican base can ...68 comments 51 Recs
- For this recipe, you will need: 1 precisely-tuned concert grand piano 1 Daniel Barenboim (The first two ingredients may be substituted with any Barenboim recording that includes Beethoven/...38 comments 53 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 534 Recs
- Hillary Clinton is smiling today as she ...560 comments 141 Recs
- In Late February of this year as I walked down the trail along the Rio Grande at Leasburg Dam State Park in southern New Mexico, I was struck by the relative lushness of the area. A reasonably deep ...60 comments 125 Recs
- ...speaking of freedom, safety…’n Jesus…(needless to say they should only be said together) Jen Hayden in Daily Kos reports that the Mississippi House just passed the 'Jesus Take the Wheel Act'18 comments 11 Recs
- http://www.johngeymanmd.org The private health insurance industry in the U.S. has had a long run since shifting to medical underwriting and a for-profit status in the early 1960s. It finds itself ...13 comments 29 Recs
- The above meme appeared in my Facebook feed last week, and I must say that I was somewhat appalled. As a liberal and a veteran, I did not agree with either statement in the meme. I will start with ...283 comments 126 Recs
- No current results.