Below you'll find recent contributions related to MRobDC's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Baltimore mayor requests a full-scale DOJ investigation into the Baltimore Police Department
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-...
|Face-off at Maryland NOW Forum - Edwards vs. Van Hollen
Chris Van Hollen faced off with our Donna Edwards on Sunday at a forum run by Maryland NOW. Interestingly enough, the invitation to be part of the forum was offered to anyone who plans to run. Next ...
|I can find no evidence of the Baltimore Sun's "Purge" Claim from Monday
The Baltimore Sun made the following claim about the riots on Monday: The incident stemmed from a flier that circulated widely among city school students via social media about a “purge” to ...
|Maryland - Truth & Reconcilliation
Baltimore - Washington - 2015 Born and raised in Maryland in the 1940s and 50s, I've spent the last half-decade settling family affairs in Prince Georges County between Baltimore and Washington DC. ...
|More on Marilyn Mosby
As I said in a diary yesterday, I was so impressed with Ms. Mosby's courageous statement yesterday that I suggested she might be the Democratic candidate for President that we will need in coming ...
|More good Baltimore news: Surge in volunteer mentors
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Chesapeake, which serves the Baltimore area, has had a huge increase in volunteer inquiries after the recent protests and violence. Currently, the mentoring ...
|Who killed Freddie Gray?
This is the first time in more than 11 years that I've posted three diaries in one day, and I don't think I've ever posted two in a day. I'm worked up about the Freddie Gray case. That's partly ...
|The history of Riots in Baltimore
One of the things that really stuck out in Monday's reporting on the unrest in Baltimore was a statement by Daryll DeSousa, the chief of patrol. He said in a press briefing that Baltimore was ...
|GOP lawmaker wants to take food stamps from parents of 'thug community'
Welcome to post-racial America. Here, in his own words (...
|No, Freddie Gray did not have spinal surgery "a week before" his arrest
More excellent coverage from the Baltimore SUN, sticking a thumb in the eye of the F--- Rep----c website and its vicious rumors. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gray-settlement-...
|AAAnd the Baltimore PD is OFF with the Latest Bullsomething
Ok, I admit to being a bit obsessive with the Freddie Gray case and subsequent protests and police riots but this latest posted on the not venerable WaPo is utter bullshite. Prisoner in Van Says . .
|"We love Baltimore." community takes hold
The true Baltimore story was an all day event yesterday. Because I was wedded to my sofa, and unable to work due to an injury so couldn't even be at the computer, I watched all day as Baltimore took ...
|The Education of A White Boy
Nearly 51 years ago I graduated from Morgan State College. I was the only white boy in my graduating class, the only one in the school. My story is a long one, better read in detail in the memoir I ...
|"Baltimore is a Shithole." Reason One Billion I'm Embarrassed to be a White Person
So, I was just perusing other blogs and I believe I found this one on Eschaton which had a link to the gawker. "Baltimore is a Shithole": Undisturbed Peace at the Maryland Hunt Club." Read it and ...
|Maryland goes from Blue to Red, overnight
I know I live in a comfy Baltimore County enclave - solidly middle class, good schools - you know, suburbia. But I have occasion to go into the city often enough, and used to work there. I know ...
|Coverage by the Baltimore SUN: no paywall
Latest updates on the Baltimore riots and Freddie Gray case Live is at this link: http://live.baltimoresun.com/Event/Latest_updates_from_the_Freddie_Gray_case_in_Baltimore And longtime columnist ...
|Powerful video interview of Crips and Bloods disputing claims of the Baltimore police
Bloods and Crips uniting and disputing the claims of the Baltimore Police Yesterday, immediately after the funeral of Freddie Gray, the Baltimore Police Department released an ...
|Baltimore. Tweetpics from the Streets.
It's hard to know exactly what's going on. From the storyline the tweets tell, after Freddy Gray's funeral this morning things heated up considerably. Various police transports have been set on ...
|Widespread Protests in Baltimore Continue; Police Becoming Increasingly Aggressive
Canisters of tear gas litter the streets of Baltimore. Police release an ...
|Meeting Donna Edwards – A Maryland Congresswoman running for Senate
On March 19th, 2015, I got an e-mail from EMILY’S LIST – an PAC dedicated to promoting pro-choice Democratic women – announcing that they were going to be endorsing two black women who were ...
|Baltimore police issue warning: credible threats gangs are going to target and 'take-out' officers
Baltimore police arresting Freddie Gray. The Baltimore Police have issued a bulletin they want to share nationwide with other police departments. They claim to evidence that gangs are working ...
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|Martin O'Malley's Proposal to Deal with the Student Loan Crisis
Last week, I wrote a diary about Martin O'Malley's views of the Student Loan Crisis. There's no doubt that one of the most important issues that needs to be discussed and debated in the ...
|For the Record: Baltimore FOP 'lynch mob' press release
Other diaries about the Gray death in Baltimore have created more heat than light. We can all agree that calling a group of residents, who happen to be African American, who happen to be protesting ...
|Sick irony clearly lost on Baltimore Police Union as it calls peaceful protestors a 'lynch mob'||Shaun King||04/23/2015||91|
Recommended by MRobDC
- Last May Governor O’Malley signed the bill to repeal the death penalty in Maryland. This is a great victory and an historic step forward for our state. But we have further to go. Four months later,4 comments 5 Recs
- Yesterday, I officially announced my candidacy for Governor of Maryland. After months of talking to people all across Maryland, I believe that there are limitless possibilities on how we can improve ...34 comments 74 Recs
- so says J C Wilmore, who blogs as the Richmonder, in this piece . Wilmore is well known in Virginia blogging circles. He is also considered very well connected with legal circles in Richmond. ...211 comments 323 Recs
- There are two weeks left in the 2013 legislative session in Minnesota. Is the legislature running out of time to pass marriage equality? Do we have the votes, yet? Just so you know, the DFL (...8 comments 12 Recs
- Every day is a new day and with that, a new opportunity. EVERYONE is welcome and please join us each morning at 7:30 AM PACIFIC to tell us what you're working on, share your show & tell , vent, ...120 comments 103 Recs
- ...to pick tomatoes." http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/rep-don-young-r-ak-reminisces-about-hiring Rep. Don Young (R-AK) used an ethnic slur to describe Mexican farm workers in an ...34 comments 28 Recs
- The House of Delegates just passed 85-56 to repeal the death penalty. This follows the Senate's vote of 27-20. Two Republicans — Sens. Edward R. Reilly of Anne Arundel County and Allan H. ...16 comments 13 Recs
- biit'aa tiinlii ihii that's an Apache phrase that translated literally means "leaves flowing in river" which of course approximates to Leaves on the Current. A dear friend offered to pray for ...12 comments 40 Recs
- Let me be clear. I don’t mean that in a hypothetical, empathic “I am Spartacus” sort of way. I mean that one morning a couple of Septembers ago, I faced Mecca, prostrated myself before ...42 comments 12 Recs
- Last week Maryland's Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee voted 6-5 to pass legislation repealing the death penalty. This committee had long been the biggest obstacle to repeal. Next up to vote ...11 comments 10 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.