Below you'll find recent contributions related to Major Kong's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Skylab and the Sit-Down Strike in Space
It was a one-of-a-kind event: in 1972, during a mission on the Skylab space station, a group of American astronauts, frustrated by an unreasonable work schedule, organized their own version of a sit-...
|Air-Minded: Planes of Fame Photoblog
During a recent motorcycle trip, I visited the Planes of Fame Museum in Valle, Arizona . The main Planes of Fame Museum is located in Chino, California ; the Arizona adjunct is what I would describe ...
|Valentina Tereshkova: The First Woman in Space
Most Americans assume that Sally Ride, who flew on the Space Shuttle in 1983, was the first woman in space. But in reality, the first women had flown in orbit almost 20 years before--and she was a ...
Recommended by Major Kong
- If the Navy taught me one thing, it’s that shameless self-promotion is the best, if not only, way to advance in your field and life. Sometimes you just have to put aside the pre-programmed ...16 comments 7 Recs
- It was a one-of-a-kind event: in 1972, during a mission on the Skylab space station, a group of American astronauts, frustrated by an unreasonable work schedule, organized their own version of a sit-...43 comments 37 Recs
- Gee, who would have guessed ? A Texas high school is in the middle of a chlamydia outbreak, officials say. But according to the school district's student handbook, it does not offer ...113 comments 189 Recs
- Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...35 comments 110 Recs
- German men and women cleaning up the remains of Berlin after World War II. Watch the mesmerizing color footage of a bombed and burned out Berlin—taken in July 1945—roughly two months after ...52 comments 35 Recs
- One of the interesting and unique approaches to automobile design and marketing was the King Midget. During World War II, two civil air patrol pilots—Claud Dry and Dale Orcut—met and began to ...21 comments 18 Recs
- No, the odds are you're really not going to get very rich, or even moderately rich, although you'll probably go to your deathbed ...16 comments 22 Recs
- Talk about a flat learning curve - the US auto industry was bailed out back in 2009 as part of the TARP stimulus package for the banking and auto industry, but they're right back to the same ...252 comments 146 Recs
- The other day I happened to be on a train seated next to a manager from UBER - the mobile-app car ride network. He boasted to me that his company was now the most valuable transportation company on ...25 comments 11 Recs
- The story you are about to read is true. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent... O n a cold, clear afternoon at Edwards Air Force Base, another flight test for evaluating the ...15 comments 10 Recs
Major Kong's Tags
- No current results.
Major Kong's Blogroll
- No current results.