Below you'll find recent contributions related to Mike Stark's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The OPOL Report: Fake change in a new box edition
||One Pissed Off Liberal||05/03/2015||133|
|Had you ever even heard of police doing rough rides before Freddie Gray? They're everywhere.
Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...
|White Detroit prosecutor states that Baltimore Police should literally shoot Freddie Gray protestors
The actual Facebook post by a prosecutor in Detroit American ugliness is a real thing and it's dangerous. The Assistant Prosecutor of Detroit, Teana Walsh,
|Updated route of Baltimore Police van proves they were deliberately off course with Freddie Gray
Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...
|She's overseeing Freddie Gray case; both parents, grandfather, 2 aunts, 3 uncles are police officers
Marilyn Mosby 5/1 UPDATE: Marilyn Mosby just charged all six officers with crimes ranging from assault to murder in the death of Freddie Gray. I seriously doubted that someone with such deep ties ...
|A complete takedown of the lies spread by the Baltimore PD and Washington Post on Freddie Gray
It was only a two-minute drive between the police station and where Freddie Gray was arrested. Why, then, did it take 30 minutes? So many egregious ...
|As with Mike Brown, conservatives feel the need to lie about the life and death of Freddie Gray
Freddie Gray in the hospital after surgeries attempting to save his life Exactly what is it about being conservative that makes one want to lie about young black men who have been killed by police?
|Powerful video interview of Crips and Bloods disputing claims of the Baltimore police
Bloods and Crips uniting and disputing the claims of the Baltimore Police Yesterday, immediately after the funeral of Freddie Gray, the Baltimore Police Department released an ...
|Whistleblower immediately transferred after exposing Atlanta police trainees for cheating on tests
William Lyons, a whistleblower who reported cheating within the Atlanta Police Department Just a few weeks ago, a dozen former teachers and administrators in Atlanta were sentenced ...
|Cash-strapped Chicago has paid half a billion dollars in police brutality settlements since 2004
Rekia Boyd, shot and killed by Chicago Officer Dante Servin With 49 elementary schools closing this summer , with pensions being slashed, and with public services being cut all over Chicago, the ...
|SC police officers to mentally ill woman: I'll let you go if you let me Taser you in the forehead
South Carolina officers Eric Walters and Franklin "Frankie" Brown After pleading guilty to federal charges of deprivation of rights, two Marion, South Carolina, police officers ...
|Black men w/ no criminal record applying for jobs treated same as white men fresh out of prison||Shaun King||04/27/2015||88|
|Beginning of the end: The details that will destroy the Tulsa Sheriff's Office
Tulsa Sheriff Stanley Glanz Tulsa journalists Ziva Branstetter and Dylan Goforth just released a report that spells the beginning of the end for Sheriff Stanley Glanz and the Tulsa Sheriff's Office.
|Smoking gun: Prosecutor Anita Alvarez deliberately undercharged officer who killed Rekia Boyd
Rekia Boyd On Monday, Judge Dennis Porter made a decision that shocked lovers of justice across the nation. Presiding over the case against Chicago Police Officer Dante Servin, who shot and killed ...
|Video from 2013 shows biking man shot four times in the back by Florida police
Dontrell Stephens being shot in the back This is a national epidemic . In cities and states all ...
|Arrested for sagging pants, Ervin Edwards tasered to death in custody; police lie in report
Ervin Edwards, arrested for sagging pants, dead in his cell after being Tasered to death On November 26, 2013, 38-year-old Ervin Edwards, partially deaf and mentally ill,
|Daily Kos comes through again!
Thanks everyone for responding to an urgent need yesterday. One of our own was in trouble and you guys came through...as you so often do. Here is the diary from yesterday that this is in reference ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||04/23/2015||30|
|Brown family files 44-page lawsuit against Darren Wilson, the police chief, and the city of Ferguson
Mike Brown Nothing can bring Ferguson teenager Michael Brown back, but this new lawsuit filed by his family is one step toward justice for ...
|Tulsa judge overseeing case of Deputy Bob Bates is a longtime deputy himself
Judge James Caputo The rabbit hole in Tulsa just goes deeper and deeper ...
|Sick irony clearly lost on Baltimore Police Union as it calls peaceful protestors a 'lynch mob'||Shaun King||04/23/2015||91|
|Explosive 2009 report from Tulsa reveals deep corruption concerning Deputy Bob Bates
Tulsa Reserve Deputy Bob Bates on the left. Eric Harris less than an hour before dying on the right. This ...
|Calling all kossacks - help needed - please rec this
$343 is not that much money...but it is needed by tomorrow. I posted a diary earlier via the Daily Kos Fund Raisers group, but it didn't get much attention and only raised $60 - which I and Fineena ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||04/22/2015||194|
|The real possibility that Prosecutor Anita Alvarez deliberately tanked the Rekia Boyd murder case
Cook County Prosecutor Anita Alvarez This is the type of blog post that really won't make much sense unless you watch the video below the fold. It's the most important video I've shared in months ...
|Baltimore Police Bill of Rights gives them 10 days after killing someone until they have to talk
Freddie Gray in the hospital before dying of his injuries Imagine your son or brother or husband having his spine 80 percent severed, his vertebrae broken, his brain swollen, and him slipping into ...
|Fineena not out of the woods yet
Our friend, Fineena is still coping with difficult circumstances. I first wrote about her situation here . She could still use a little more of our help. Her latest email explains:
|One Pissed Off Liberal||04/22/2015||19|
|NYPD extends courtesies to wild coyotes in Manhattan that it rarely extends to African Americans
Wild coyote spotted in Chelsea. NYPD chases it for an hour with Tasers before subduing it with a tranquilizing dart. This morning I saw a weird headline in the New York Times that really piqued my ...
|Charged in the death of Eric Harris, Deputy Bob Bates gets permission to go to the Bahamas
Deputy Bob Bates, left. Police kneeing Eric Harris in the head after being shot by Bob Bates. This is what white privilege looks like. Charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of Eric ...
|City of Baltimore suspends six officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray
Freddie Gray being arrested by Baltimore Police Six officers involved in the arrest and injuries of a 25-year-old Baltimore man, Freddie Gray,
|Terrible verdict in Chicago proves that white imagination of a black threat easily sets cops free
Rekia Boyd On Monday afternoon, three years after he shot and killed Rekia Boyd, Chicago police officer Dante Servin had all charges dismissed against him by Judge Dennis ...
|Officer Bill Melendez charged with three felonies in brutal beating, planting evidence on Floyd Dent
It's official. After being fired from the Inkster Police Department, Bill "Robocop" ...
Recommended by Mike Stark
- The city of Sacramento is in the fourth year of a record drought - yet the Nestlé Corporation continues to bottle city water to sell back to the public at a big profit, local activists charge. ...136 comments 234 Recs
- Even the FSM used Kickstarter.com. "HCN is abundant in comets, which rained down steadily for nearly the first several hundred million years of Earth’s history. The impacts would also have ...214 comments 198 Recs
- The earthquake, tsunami and nuclear triple disaster that struck Japan in March 2011 led to the release of massive amounts of radioactive isotopes into the environment. I began outreach and ...317 comments 79 Recs
- The New England Patriots pointed to a study released today which they say shows that the alleged deflation of footballs in recent games was not due to human causes. "It's just natural variation," ...88 comments 63 Recs
- Just found out a little while ago that Chicago Cubs legend, Ernie Banks has passed away at the age of 83. A part of my childhood has died tonight.44 comments 51 Recs
- A newly released video of New York State Senator Thomas O’Mara interacting with an unknown person in a parking lot questioning him about a potential liquid propane gas facility on Seneca Lake ...29 comments 80 Recs
- Rivers of glacial meltwater flowing over Greenland's frozen surface may be contributing as much to global sea level rise as all other processes that drain water from the melting ice sheet combined, ...87 comments 142 Recs
- Getting passed around on Twitter and Facebook today is the heartwarming image of the new-and-improved birth announcement for Elizabeth Anne Bogert (b. 1995). Bogert told his parents that he was ...70 comments 415 Recs
- By @BginKC Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. That really happened. It was Saturday, and I'm still struggling to process it, but that changes nothing. It happened. By now you have all seen the ...128 comments 182 Recs
- Meet the football team at Academic Magnet High School, a public school near Charleston, South Carolina. As you can see here, they're almost entirely white, with the exception of a single teammate.186 comments 185 Recs
Mike Stark's Tags
- No current results.
Mike Stark's Blogroll
- No current results.