Posting History for MrJayTee
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: When a Socialist Becomes the Boss
It wasn't that hard when I was a grunt. As long as my job was constructive, something that made the world suck less, a regular job was OK. I was a working class guy, the Man was the Man, and never ...
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: What's Really Behind US-Cuba Normalization?
A spectre is haunting the United States--the spectre of normal relations between the United States and communist bugbear Cuba. For the lazy, captured US media, it's all about the Cold War poses ...
|So, Kos, how about that Gaza thing?
Dear Kos, Let me start by thanking you for letting me post here when I'm not exactly the type of blogger you have in mind. Not that I think you give a shit about my opinion either way, but it ...
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: Toward a Leftist Program for Working Class Consciousness
The original title of this diary was to be "Toward a Leftist Program by the Working Class, for the Working Class", an neat, academic-sounding title reflecting an admirable goal: how can we, whatever ...
|Good Morning, White Privilege
I experienced white privilege this morning. It came to me without my seeking it, just as it will come to you if you are white, and you will benefit from it whether you want to or not. White ...
|Ecuador to US: keep your trade, and here's $23 million for Human Rights education
From Reuters comes news that the government of Ecuador has unilaterally waived trade rights with the United States, rejecting accusations that US threats to end a favorable trade deal were the ...
|Kos and Front Pagers: draw a clear, bright line on Freedom of the Press
It's been over a week now since the AP announced that the Justice Department had issued a sweeping subpoena of the home, work, and cell phone records of Associated Press staff related to leaks in a ...
|Sullivan: white people are poodles, black and brown people are beagles
That's Andrew Sullivan , flushing whatever's left of his reputation down the Crapper of Cluelessness. (Or is it the Wastebasket of White Privilege?) Sullivan feels Jason Richwine's parting company ...
|Global Warming, Islam, and the US: Flashpoint Bangladesh?
Bangladesh, in grave danger from rising waters Bring up global warming and my mind turns to Bangladesh. What other nation finds so many people, so poor, so under the thumb of a money-grubbing ...
|If only for Criminal Injustice Kos!
If only for soothsayer99 and Radio Girl, two of the most compelling and potent voices behind CIK, I'm done for now. But of course, there's more. ...
|Ridiculous things you say to pooties and woozles
A rambling diary that's barely a diary, about nothing of particular relevance... When this old world starts to getting me down, and people are just too much for me to take, I turn to my cat and ...
|KosAbility: Adult ADD and ADHD
Some disabilities are hard to see. Some are so hard to see that even the person living with one doesn't know it. I didn't know about mine until I was nearly 40, after years of failure and ...
|I Was a Gay Teenage Escort
A recent diary, Are the Laws Against Prostitution Doing Anyone Any Good? , inspired some lengthy discussion, but it seemed to ...
|Palin's Socialism in the Snow
In the Palin/McCain campaign's attempts to turn Obama into a "socialist"--as if even 5% of their core audience knows what socialism actually means--we find still another instance of the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by MrJayTee
- I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep my eyes wide open all the time I keep the ends out for the tie that binds Because you're mine, I walk the line I Walk the Line , by Johnny Cash ...34 comments 60 Recs
- One thing you can say about Texas, their nutty Tea-baggers can always surprise the hell out of you. Just when you thought it would be impossible for a Texas Governor to come along and make Rick ...154 comments 144 Recs
- This is a roundup of news related to Palestine with a particular focus on grassroots action and peaceful civil disobedience in the Occupied Territories and within the borders of Israel proper. We ...5 comments 35 Recs
- The war on women just added another notch to the belt, this time is Washington, D.C.20 comments 20 Recs
- Sometimes comedies are just not funny. During the production of Adam Sandler's upcoming film called, The Ridiculous Six , the offensive script and condescending film ...100 comments 126 Recs
- Bolivia, a nation nestled high in the Andes, has a history steeped in struggle, populated by a peoples whose greatest accomplishment can be said to be their very survival. Cochabamba, one of the ...143 comments 159 Recs
- This morning, a diary reached the reclist, a diary which was in part based on a totally misattributed quotation. The quotation that formed the first part of the title, and which appeared in block ...10 comments 24 Recs
- Cartoon decrying the Hamburg massacre of July 1876 As people raise a hue and cry, for a media minute, about yet another police murder of an unarmed black man—this time Walter Scott ...298 comments 239 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 534 Recs
- Last week we highlighted the case of Shona Banda, a Kansas medical marijuana advocate. She spent years suffering from Crohn's Disease, went through numerous surgeries and appeared to be in the ...183 comments 226 Recs
- Africa (1729)
- Black Kos (3650)
- Black Lives Matter (525)
- Bolivia (295)
- Canada (3713)
- Civil Disobedience (1245)
- Cuba (1105)
- Ferguson (5380)
- First Amendment (3153)
- Gaza (3518)
- Greece (1254)
- Haiti (1560)
- LatinoKos (1434)
- Mass Incarceration (64)
- NSA (6759)
- Palestine (7467)
- socialist alternative (41)
- Surveillance State (1017)
- SYRIZA (79)
- Turkey (2324)
- No current results.