Posting History for Old Sailor
|A Christmas Potpourri
It has been a long time since I did a diary, so here are some Christmas-related images I've produced over the years.
for the many expressions of concern and the good wishes! I am definitely feeling better but where I go from here has not been decided yet. The two main options seem to be try another statin or don't ...
|Big Sister: The Early Days, Part 1
I have already done a diary about "Big Sister Comes to Live With Us", here . This diary continues the story, in photos, from that diary. The photos were taken very soon after we brought her home. ...
|Brother Kitty and His Baskets
After my partner's mother died, he got some of her Longaberger baskets and put a few of them on top of the wall unit in the front room. Brother kitty became very interested in them and would go up ...
|Little Sister Comes To Live With Us, Part 2
First, I apologize for taking so long to post Part 2. I got distracted, and other stuff. Part 1 is here . I'm publishing this in the morning, as sort of an experiment. I'm not aware of any rules ...
|Our Memorial Service for Sister Kitty
When we lost Sister Kitty (born 1989) in 2005, we decided to have a private memorial service for her. First, here is a photo of her on her favorite corner of the couch.
|Little Sister Comes to Live With Us, Part 1
One day early in May 2010, my partner went to the monthly lunch held by some of his co-workers. One of them pulled out some photos and said that she needed to find homes for some kittens. Her ...
|When They Were Very Young
In 1989 a litter if kitties was born in a city north of here. Nobody wanted them, ant the litter was deposited on the doorstep of a shop selling cat-related things in another city. Sister Kitty and ...
First, I would like to thank all of you who responded to my first diary about my internet friend's sick kitty. I appreciate it very much. My friend obviously noted the concern about the kitty being ...
|A kitty in trouble
One of my good internet friends made this post on her blog about an hour ago. The blog is written as though it is being written by her kitty. I wonder if anyone recognizes the symptoms. Also, it ...
|Big Sister Comes to Live With Us
The "sister" part and getting big comes later, but Big Sister is what I'll call her. About six months after our beloved Brother Kitty went over the Rainbow Bridge to join Sister Kitty, we were out ...
|Big Sister and Little Sister at Halloween
Here goes my very first diary. I should state at the beginning that I did not encounter the term "pootie" until I came to DK. We have always referred to our cats as "kitties" or "cats". I'll try to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Old Sailor
- 19 comments 20 Recs
- "The presentation of one's own interpretation as objective truth is traditionally known as 'preaching'". Bettina Stangneth "Eichmann Before Jerusalem; the Unexamined Life of a Mass Murderer". I'm ...18 comments 9 Recs
- Missing Sekrit Army and Whoknu this Sunday afternoon. So to bide the time..let's see if we can conjure her up. Abaracadabara..we are doubly powerful.12 comments 41 Recs
- 108 comments 76 Recs
- This is the Winter Festival Edition...Yule like dis one! Happy Hannukah. Blessed Yule. Merry Christmas. Happy Kwanzaa. And Happy Festivus, for the Rest Of Us. whew! That's a lot o' celebratin'98 comments 76 Recs
- Those of you who already either know me or know of me know that I am a massive pootie person. I grew up with both cats & dogs and I love both. I do not discriminate against any animal & love ...75 comments 81 Recs
- Those of you who already either know me or know of me know that I am a massive pootie person. I grew up with both cats & dogs and I love both. I do not discriminate against any animal & love ...88 comments 78 Recs
- There's a dog named Derby. And a technology that can create prosthetics better, cheaper and faster. Put them together and you will shed a tear. Derby was born with underdeveloped front limbs, and ...11 comments 32 Recs
- Those of you who already either know me or know of me know that I am a massive pootie person. I grew up with both cats & dogs and I love both. I do not discriminate against any animal & love ...54 comments 67 Recs
- I've been sitting here for a week, tying tinsel in knots with my teeth. This isn't how it was supposed to work. "Come to the craft fair," they said, "It'll be fun!" they said. Unh hunh. So now I ...84 comments 81 Recs
Old Sailor's Tags
- No current results.
Old Sailor's Blogroll
- No current results.