Below you'll find recent contributions related to Ozy's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Tel Aviv looked like Baltimore today
CNNI was covering in detail racial protests turned violent in Tel Aviv Israel today. While the first video I found of it was from April 30th, the protests continue today in Tel Aviv. The protests ...
|The most racist areas in the United States
Colors changed so the map can be seen by all. Original is below the fold. Click ...
|'Sir, are you injured anywhere?' vs. 'F*ck your breath.' Only one kind of approach provokes riots
No snarky comment here. Not for this image. 'Why?' It's the most useful one word sentence in the English language. It's how we begin the search for causes, for understanding, for truth. We have to ...
|On 'riots' and roots
Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/03/2015||188|
|R.I.P. A Garden Grew in Oakland Today.
Oscar Grant Plaza filled Saturday afternoon with a couple hundred people come to the first #BlackSpring event in Oakland. The organizers came up with a great idea, an its already spread across the ...
|Shocking Facts for Anti-Blacks
Has anyone visited the comment section of an MSN news story, which involved police brutality of blacks, or just blacks? If you have, you probably noticed an ill feeling in your gut as you read the ...
|Nigerian Army Rescues 234 More Girls Today, Bringing Week's Total to 677
(photo credit: Stephen Melkisethian ) From AP via The Huffington Post : LAGOS, Nigeria — Nigeria's ...
|Baltimore Prosecutor Mosby: Not Holding Bad Cops Accountable is a Disservice to Good Cops
After issuing Murder Indictments against the Officers who Killed Freddie Gray just 24 hrs after receiving the case from the Baltimore PD , when talking to CNN's Don Lemon, yeah Don Lemon, Maryland ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/01/2015||76|
|Become Maladjusted to Injustice! MBOPRA, STDDs, Week 35
If there is one name that has been uttered more often than Freddie Gray's over the past week, it has been that of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King. We know that the criminal, heartless Right Wing ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 John P. Parker (1827 – February 4, 1900) was an African-American abolitionist, inventor, iron moulder and ...
|UPDATE x2: HOLY CRAP. Baltimore FOP channels their inner Frank Nitti
This may seem a bit self-centered since my other diary is already at the top of the Rec list, but a couple people suggested that my update deserves it's own diary as well to ensure maximum exposure, ...
|Beyond Baltimore and Freddie Gray: How Race Riots and Theft Made White America
Baltimore’s young people responded to the police theft of Freddie Gray’s life with protests that eventually grew into a spasm of violence. While the direct motivator, Gray’s death is not the ...
|The knights who say "Ni-gro".
Took a while but I finally found my visual metaphor.
|UPDATED: Asst Wayne Cty prosecutor re: Baltimore protesters: "Shoot em. Period. End of discussion."
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...
|Holy Crap. "Depraved Heart Murder"? UPDATE: FOP channels Frank Nitti
Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:
|R.I.P Ben E. King
It is being reported that Ben E. King has died of natural causes. He was 76. Bestest cover of Stand by me ever.
|Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursued
On Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.
|Baltimore Police Triggered the Riots
Mother Jones magazine reported that police actions triggered the riot.
|A Late Morning Rant
For some reason, white people (I know, I know, #not all white people, but for your sake and my blood pressure's sake, PLEASE don't go there) like to think that they know blah people and blah history ...
|"We Celebrated That Mother in Baltimore."
"Now Are We Willing to Face Our Own Hypocrisy?" That is the question asked yesterday by [Goldie Taylorhttp://bluenationreview.com/we-celebrated-that-mother-in-baltimore-now-are-we-willing-to-face-...
|Father of black Detroit youth shot by ICE agent: "They brought my son downstairs and executed him"
Originally posted at Eclectablog . On Monday of this week U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Officer Mitchell Quinn shot and killed 20-year old Detroiter Terrance Kellom. The killing took ...
|Watch a Baltimore protester hand Geraldo Rivera (and the media) his ass
"Don't walk away, just listen to me. Talk to me." A protester in West Baltimore confronted Geraldo Rivera last night before he went to his live shot for Fox News. He went OFF on Geraldo, asking ...
|NYC Violent Crime Decreased under Community Policing
Violent crime declined dramatically in NYC under Mayor David Dinkins' community policing policy called Safe Streets, Safe Cities . We need better police policies, ones like this that have been ...
|Carl Stokes to CNN's Erin Burnett: Thugs? Just call them N#ggers then...
The video title says that Baltimore City Councilman Carl Stokes "Explodes" when CNN's Erins Burnett asked him "Isn't 'Thugs' the right word to describe these [looters and rioters in Baltimore]?" ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||04/28/2015||424|
|Riots: From Stonewall to Baltimore
The unrest in Baltimore, brought on by the death of Freddie Gray, has been the source of a lot of commentary in the world of social media. My Facebook feed is full of people offering their opinions ...
|Activist schools Blitzer: Broken spines are worse than broken windows
There are times when the media really does their best to sicken us all. This ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||04/28/2015||142|
|President Obama on Baltimore
Worth reading in its entirety: First, obviously, our thoughts continue to be with the family of Freddie Gray. Understandably, they want answers. And DOJ has opened an investigation. It is working ...
|Nigerian Army Rescues 200 Girls, 93 Women from Boko Haram - UPDATED Not Chibok Group
(photo credit: See Li ) From Reuters : (Reuters) - Nigeria's army has rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a military ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
How much longer? Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez I'm not even sure why I am asking this question, except right now I'm tired. Saw ...
|Dear White America: Please Stop Talking About Martin Luther King Jr. and the Baltimore 'Riots'
Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...
|How Apple single-handedly lays waste to conservative ideology||kos||04/28/2015||363|
Recommended by Ozy
- The EmDrive which made made headlines last year is back in the news with the results from a new set of tests by NASA showing that the drive has been successfully tested in a hard vacuum. The EM ...230 comments 101 Recs
- Paul Krugman's May 1 column in the New York Times states the devastatingly obvious: Ideology and Integrity . ...Nonetheless, many in the news media will try to make the campaign about ...97 comments 208 Recs
- During his reign, the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses II built an extraordinary number of monuments in his capitol city, Pi-Ramesse. In later centuries, Pi-Ramesse was abandoned and forgotten, lost in the ...40 comments 69 Recs
- Vaccines do one thing: save countless lives It's been debunked before , but it will continue to have to be debunked ...59 comments 45 Recs
- The purpose of this diary is to introduce a brief, informal movie made while using a Geiger Counter in the laboratory today. This diary is part of an ongoing effort to communicate what the ...5 comments 21 Recs
- In case you're interested (ICYI) you will be able to watch the first Masters degree defence conducted underwater. It will live stream in about 30 minutes from now. From the YouTube description: ...3 comments 6 Recs
- This seems rather telling... Former city clerk Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as mayor of Parma, Missouri on Tuesday only to find out that police officers, as well as the city attorney and a water ...238 comments 269 Recs
- Duke University scientists have potentially discovered new avenues ...197 comments 358 Recs
- The Raincoast Education Society has partnered with the University of Victoria and California State University to carry out radionuclide sampling of sea water and kelp, respectively, in Clayoquot ...19 comments 12 Recs
- Great news out of California yesterday : Unswayed by a relentless parade of opposition, a key Senate panel on Wednesday passed a bill that would ...180 comments 85 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.