Posting History for PatMcDowell
|J. Edgar Hoover or Harper?
I was reading this column in the New Yorker written by Margaret Talbot - Opened Files when it struck me how similar the J. Edgar Hoover FBI with its COINTELPRO operation are the pronouncements of ...
|My Brother Died Today
It started with shortness of breath and ended with a full-out major medical press, sadly unsuccessful. Please make allowances for me, as I was not always at the sessions where the doctors explained ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by PatMcDowell
- The Kochs want to "help" fix the criminal justice system. For the little guy, of course. Let me tell you a story. The story of how the Kochs became so committed to reform. Once upon a time in ...56 comments 91 Recs
- I have never lived a day in the mythical America that is immortal and above decline or reproach. That is one of the few gifts of being born poor in a nation that so celebrates wealth and power. ...145 comments 241 Recs
- Following a long, rambling, condescending speech by an older white gentleman who pretty much explained that "After 16 years as a committee man, I supported African-American candidates ..." [You ...125 comments 427 Recs
- As I watch the events in Ferguson Missouri I can't help but think about my own time in law enforcement and just how much I've changed since I wore the badge.87 comments 207 Recs
- Royal Saudi Air Force jets fly in formation during a graduation ceremony for air force officers at King Faisal Air Academy in ...142 comments 159 Recs
- If you want someone to push the party to the ...1122 comments 448 Recs
- I'm home now from my first Netroots and I just want to say a deeply felt "Thank You" to everyone who scrambled at 30 seconds after the last minute to get little ole' me out there. It was a headache,109 comments 360 Recs
- After oral arguments in the Hobby Lobby case, I wrote a very misnamed but widely read diary in which I echoed Attorney and Ring of Fire radio host Mike Papantonio's argument that the SCOTUS would ...376 comments 743 Recs
- Ayotallah Ali Hosseini Khamenei, say hello to your new comrade, Ayotallah Samuel Alito. Supreme Leader meet Supreme Court Justice. And, no, regrettably, this is not hyperbole. With his ...11 comments 19 Recs
- reposting another older piece I believe is very relevant, especially in light of the Hobby Lobby decision. This is from February 2012 can be seen clearly in a piece at Alternet by trained futurist ...259 comments 485 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.