Posting History for Pope Buck I
|An Open Letter To The Guys Who Run The World
Hi! This is directed to the hundred, or couple hundred, people who actually run things. I don't pretend to know who you are, whether you're some sinister Council of Illuminati or just a bunch of ...
|Pope Buck I||01/27/2015||152||285||14||-|
|Michael Sam Walks The Streets of Mayberry: Lessons In Visibility
Mom and I have been watching a lot of "Andy Griffith Show" reruns on MeTV lately, because they happen to fall in the otherwise dead zone between the local news and the Wheel/Jeopardy hour. (Yes, I ...
|Pope Buck I||05/13/2014||6||4||-||-|
|Is "Socialism" losing its sting as a buzzword?
Madison, Wisconsin's indispensible John Nichols has another great Nation piece out: Is Paul Ryan Making Americans More Favorable Toward Socialism? He starts off with a surprising new poll result: ...
|Pope Buck I||12/02/2012||33||33||2||-|
|An Appeal To Sane Republicans
This diary isn't really aimed at my fellow Kossacks for the most part - though I believe there are a fair number of "recovering Republicans" and "appalled Republicans" among them, so it's worth a ...
|Pope Buck I||11/07/2012||6||7||1||-|
|This IS Our Progressive Moment.
I think it's time. Time to take back the national discourse. The signs have been coming in all night. Tea Party crazies being decisively turned back from the Senate. Actual progressives (!) ...
|Pope Buck I||11/06/2012||2||14||-||-|
|Mitt Romney, WHY do you hate America?
"Why do you hate America?" Every liberal in the country knows this question quite well. We heard it a thousand times in the aftermath of 9/11, through the opening phases of the Iraq and Afghan wars,
|Pope Buck I||09/12/2012||13||12||-||81|
|Everybody Hates Mitt, or: RMoney, R-Problems
Does anybody like Mitt Romney anymore? At this point in the campaign, the whole GOP apparatus is still pretending like crazy - pretending he can win, pretending they're behind him, pretending they ...
|Pope Buck I||09/11/2012||17||13||1||184|
|What if this is OUR 1980?
The election of 1980 was a pivotal one - perhaps THE pivotal one of our times. It marked the beginning of the Reagan era and 32 (and counting) years of "trickle-down" economics, foxes guarding the ...
|Pope Buck I||09/06/2012||45||18||-||248|
|A Family I'm Proud To Be A Part Of
During the Republican convention, watching the Paulites, the Tea Partiers, and the moneyed folk running the show all going at each other: watching speaker after speaker build their speech around ...
|Pope Buck I||09/04/2012||22||65||-||304|
|Clint Eastwood: Gestalt Therapist
[Note: This is my first-ever published diary though I'm a longtime lurker - be gentle. At the suggestion of nailbender, I expanded this from a comment made the other night on one of the Clint ...
|Pope Buck I||09/01/2012||128||295||7||1348|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Pope Buck I
- Baltimore celebrates after police charged in death of Freddie Gray Residents shouted with joy, embraced and honked car horns on Friday on the same Baltimore streets where rioters had clashed with ...33 comments 74 Recs
- 20 comments 55 Recs
- Read Meryl Streep’s introduction of Hillary Clinton during the recent 2012 Women in the World conference. Truly inspiring: Two years ago when Tina Brown and Diane von Furstenberg first ...477 comments 347 Recs
- If you stop and think about it, every business is a service business. Businesses exist to sell, to sell they must have customers, and there is no better way to earn those customers than providing ...160 comments 274 Recs
- America lost a towering genius this week, and I lost a personal idol. Stan Freberg was a legendary voice-over artist, comedian, satirist, puppeteer, impressionist, recording artist, and songwriter.101 comments 159 Recs
- So I won't tarry in getting to the point. If I have to listen to one more supposed liberal or progressive or Democrat here tell me on this board that our efforts on social issues are unimportant and ...373 comments 334 Recs
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is, as well all know, in trouble. A lot of trouble. Ever since he signed the "religious freedom" bill that opens the door to discrimination against gay customers , he has ...54 comments 158 Recs
- There is no Godwin's Law for evoking the Civil War in a discussion of politics. To most Americans, the Civil War was a seminal event in this country, one accompanied by the prerequisite amount of ...77 comments 143 Recs
- Long time, no diary for me, but this is something that impacts me on a number of levels. First, embarrassment and anger toward the state of my birth. Indiana is one of a number of states looking to ...129 comments 274 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily Israel's Prime Minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, has obliterated what it means to be 'pro-Israel,' setting Israel on a course ...478 comments 349 Recs
Pope Buck I's Tags
- No current results.
Pope Buck I's Blogroll
- No current results.