Posting History for Rachel Colyer
|Net Neutral-i-kitty takes on cable boss. Hilarious video and pics.
On Jan. 26 the FCC held an open commission meeting—this is when they vote on rules once a month. While the FCC voted to legally re-define broadband as 25 Mbps down/3 Mbps instead of the pitiful ...
|The Internet Countdown to real net neutrality begins today. With us.
With exactly one month until a final vote on net neutrality at the FCC, net neutrality advocates are encouraging internet users, content creators, and major websites to join in the next phase of ...
|This man's story is exactly what is wrong with immigration.
Angelo Cabrera on graduation day at Baruch College.
|This could start to topple systematic racism. And it starts on Tuesday in California.
Yes on prop 47 Call me a dreamer, go ahead and tell me why I’m wrong, but I think that Proposition 47 on the ballot in California on Tuesday, Nov. 4, could be the ...
|Ohio will send a message Oct. 18 "Black lives matter"
Justice for John Crawford, Ohio Student Association On Monday, in Ferguson and St. Louis, MO, organizers staged sit-ins and shut down three area Walmarts to show solidarity with the activists ...
|St. Louis Police had an opportunity to protect and serve this woman, but they didn't.
Tweets to STLPD about their unwillingness to protect and serve. On Saturday night in St. Louis, MO, a few blocks from where Vonderrit Myers, Jr. had been fatally shot Wednesday night and where ...
|Indict. Convict. Send that killer cop to jail. The whole damn system is guilty as hell.
On Friday, a few hundred protestors rallied in fifty-degree weather and drizzling rain to march through downtown St. Louis, gathering in front of Buzz Westfall Justice Center. This building ...
|Photo: Amazing panoramic from Ferguson October
Panoramic of Ferguson October--thousands of protestors Sat. Oct 11. Here is an image I took today. Not sure what others are reporting, but I'd say 3,000 easy, if not between 4,000-5,000. More ...
|Amplifying the Organizing: In solidarity with Ferguson, ways you can support the fight
Protestors in Ferguson ...
|Net neutrality coalition meets with FCC Commissioner to deliver requests for public hearings
FCC Commissioners Mignon Clyburn and Jessica Rosenworcel. In the ongoing campaign to strengthen the FCC’s current net neutrality proposal, Commissioner Mignon Clyburn met on Thursday in ...
|Can you hear us now? President Obama greeted by net neutrality activists at fundraisers
Net neutrality protestors on July 23, 2014 in Silicon Valley to tell President Obama: Don't kill the internet Wednesday, July 23, marked a coordinated day of on-the-ground action on net neutrality, ...
|Sign the pledge: Don't buy these Koch products||Rachel Colyer||04/01/2014||178||271||37||-|
|Daily Kos goes to Paul Ryan's office with a message
On Wednesday, a few dozen activists and staff paid a visit to Republican Rep. Paul Ryan’s office to deliver a message on behalf of over 700,000 petition signers—“No grand bargain in exchange ...
|Daily Kos delivers 130,000 'stop Larry Summers' petition signatures to Sen. Sherrod Brown
Campaign Director Rachel Colyer and Daily Kos member Beth deliver community petitions to Sen. Brown's Cincinnati, Ohio office. From the moment rumor first spread on July 23 that President Obama ...
|"This American Life" gives an unprecedented view of the impacts of gun violence on Chicago youth
Given the interest of our community lately in both addressing the issue of gun violence and the ongoing special election of Robin Kelly as the anti-NRA candidate in Il-02, this week’s edition of �
|Register the internet to vote
Today has been deemed National Voter Registration Day across the country with more than 1,000 organizations, businesses, and campaigns pushing for every eligible voter to register. Tech President ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Rachel Colyer
- I wrote up this bucket of baby birds a week ago after returning from Belize, and then got involved in some personal family "nesting"...my daughter "hatched out" her own nestling on Saturday. It ...100 comments 34 Recs
- Greetings from Asheville! DKos Asheville 4/28/15 DKos Asheville brought its eighth community meet up to life this past weekend with a historic appearance of a civil rights icon, Dr Fergie Reid, in ...45 comments 30 Recs
- Good to know . A Republican lawmaker is allowed to have an AR-15 in his office as long as it ...106 comments 55 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- The Federal Communications Commission released ...120 comments 299 Recs
- 160 comments 113 Recs
- Earlier this week I re-introduced the Stop Militarizing Law Enforcement Act for consideration during the 114th Congress. The continued use of aggressive military tactics by local law enforcement ...24 comments 33 Recs
- Do you see the picture above of Tamir Rice? Please take a good look at it. Look at his eyes, his smile, his boyish manner. It was the last-known photo taken of Tamir just ...242 comments 327 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- I think the food movement began with excellent intentions—sustainable agriculture, reduced pesticide pollution, combatting obesity, more humane treatment of farm animals. But it's become ...102 comments 12 Recs
Rachel Colyer's Tags
Rachel Colyer's Blogroll
- No current results.