Posting History for Silvia Nightshade
|Rant Mode [On]
Going to be a short rant diary because I'm so irritated. Doubtful anyone will even read this. As progressives when we fight for something, such as a fair minimum wage, LGBTQ rights, equal pay for ...
|Intrinsic Values and Analogies Regarding Policy
Color me confused. Very, very confused. When someone equates the intrinsic value of being gay (or gayness, or however you want to word it) with something such as gun ownership, I get confused. ...
|Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) Shows Us Exactly Why Republicans Suck
The big story in Ohio today is that Ohio's Republican senator, Rob Portman has come out in favor of gay marriage. Why the big change from someone who is just as "severely conservative" as Mitt ...
|Warren County Prosecutor Investigates Superintendent for Criticizing Gov Kasich
Ready for the fall-out of Kasich's crazy plan to help poor schools by not giving them money and instead increasing the budgets for rich districts? If you're not up to speed, check out this diary by ...
|How I Support the Radical Feminist Agenda Daily, and You Can Too!
I must admit, these guys totally caught on to what I'm doing . I'm shocked, I thought I was being a little more subtle than that. Well, live and learn, I suppose. (They'll never guess how I ...
|Central Ohio Kossacks Meetup Planning Diary
Hey guys, I've been tapped to start organizing this next rave we're planning, so I'm here to do just that. As the diary title indicates, this is just for planning. So I'm taking all ideas in the ...
|Don't Tell Me to Keep the Emotion Out of It
Please don't tell me to not get emotional about this. Let me tell you why.
|Romney Blimp in Columbus, OH
I suppose since the airwaves are already bought out, the only thing left to do is... launch a blimp? Right now Mitt Romney's face is plastered on a silver blimp hovering above downtown Columbus, ...
|Adventures in Worker's Comp Part 03 - How to Lose a Job (That You Weren't Hurt At)
The holiday weekend was nice because I had family come visit and check on me, which was lovely. I've been a bit stir-crazy being cooped up in the house by myself, but I have an injury that I need ...
|Adventures in Worker's Comp Part 02: A-face-what?
So shortly after I posted this diary , my family ...
|Adventures in Worker's Comp Part 01: It Begins With a Box
There are so many great diaries and diarists on DailyKos, who put things so much more articulately and succinctly than I. I finally registered not long ago so I could comment, but have read for ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Silvia Nightshade
- If it were possible for American Family Radio to go too far, it did today. This morning, regular morning drive-time host Sandy Rios was off, so Austin Ruse of the Catholic Family and Human Rights ...240 comments 214 Recs
- You just can't make this Sh#t Up sometimes. You just can't. Ryan at CPAC. “We call it a poverty trap,” he explained. “ There are incentives not to work, and to stay where you are. ” Ryan ...103 comments 207 Recs
- Since I started The Vane last week, I haven't participated in meta for the first time in forever. So...hi. How's everyone doing?86 comments 138 Recs
- The New Jersey Law Journal reports today that in what appears to be a case of first impression for the entire United States, a New Jersey Superior Court judge has ruled that a father of an unborn ...458 comments 209 Recs
- TRIGGER WARNINGS: Discussion of rape and rape culture. No graphic details. I have a new essay on CNN about a very disturbing case out of Georgia. Last September, William Jeffrey Dumas was ...17 comments 27 Recs
- Those of you who already either know me or know of me know that I am a massive pootie person. I grew up with both cats & dogs and I love both. I do not discriminate against any animal & love animal ...107 comments 71 Recs
- BREAKING LATE WEDNESDAY ... According to Lyle Denniston at SCOTUSblog: Justice Kennedy on Wednesday afternoon denied, in a brief order without explanation, the request to block enforcement of the ...90 comments 19 Recs
- Last night, Jon Stewart invited Fox News's Judge Andrew Napolitano on the show after ripping him a new one with Larry Wilmore over his revisionist history about Abraham ...152 comments 127 Recs
- Let this put to rest any doubt that Chris Christie is in the pocket of the Koch Brothers and/or their Big Oil pals. From Slate.com : Like a lot of Republicans, New Jersey governor Chris Christie ...521 comments 731 Recs
- (Randy Thompson is a Nebraska rancher and one of three plaintiffs who sued the state over the use of eminent domain by TransCanada to force them to give up their land for the Keystone XL pipeline. ...142 comments 232 Recs
Silvia Nightshade's Tags
Silvia Nightshade's Blogroll
- No current results.