Posting History for Simul Iustus et Peccator
|I work with cops...
I am not a cop. But I work closely with them. I respect what they do and I see across the board in "my" law enforcement agency smart, hard working, upright, good people. Society asks a lot of ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||12/02/2014||595||533||14||-|
|I hate this movie
"God's Not Dead" is a bad movie. Not just a bad movie -- I hated this movie. I do not speak for all one billion plus Christians, but if I did, I would apologize to all atheists, film editing ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||10/17/2014||26||21||-||-|
|On Killing a Killer
A while back I wrote a diary about my friend Doc who is a veterinarian. A routine part of his job is euthanizing animals. Being a compassionate and sensitive fellow, this routine is never routine ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||05/08/2014||1||6||1||-|
|Minneapolis renames Columbus Day Indigenous Peoples Day
A recently enacted policy by the Minneapolis city council changes Columbus Day to Indigenous People's Day. Last week, Indigenous Peoples Day supporter and Lakota activist Bill Means told Minnesota ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||04/28/2014||13||9||-||-|
|Daylight Saving Time sucks/rocks with a poll
MNwiseguy posted a paean to Daylight Saving Time (DST). It was not widely commented on but those who did weigh in gave very mixed positions on the topic. I was just complaining to whomever would ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||03/10/2014||21||2||-||-|
|The Twin Cities Are Two Different Cities
A petty peeve of mine from flyover land: It's not "Minneapolis St. Paul, MN." It's "Minneapolis, MN and/or St. Paul, MN" or "Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN." They may have the nickname of the Twin ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||01/20/2014||141||38||-||-|
|Insurance companies are not the only ones
I have a close friend who is a veterinarian. His clinic is across the street from my place of work. When I am procrastinating I like to walk across the street and visit my friend. Doc lets me ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||10/02/2013||68||65||-||-|
|Liberal Protestantism has won?
[Full disclosure: I am Lutheran (ELCA)] Everyone and their grandma knows that mainline liberal Protestant denominations are going the way of newspapers. Right? Demographic trends show mega-church ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||08/19/2013||166||64||2||-|
|Just Curious (With poll)
I have marveled at the seeming diversity of traditions and backgrounds represented within the Daily Kos community. And I seem to remember a few years back someone did a series of non-scientific ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||06/07/2013||3||4||-||-|
Quite likely not a legit diary but I don't know how else to get this info. I have missed jbou since his last diary on April 18. So I got a little concerned for his welfare and looked around his ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||04/29/2013||110||10||-||-|
|In Praise of Mike Rice
Actually, this is in praise of Mike Rice's apology. A rare thing, an apology. I mean a real apology. An act of real and true contrition. Not excuse making. Not a thinly veiled insult at those ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||04/06/2013||14||2||-||-|
Help me understand this, please. Because I honestly want information. Immigration issues are one of the political issues I have no knowledge about. Given that a person can not be well versed in ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||02/17/2013||27||1||-||-|
|Chris Kluwe cuts a radio ad
This is a brilliant radio ad running here in Minnesota which is facing a vote on changing the constitution to discriminate against gays. It is funny, clear and even quotes Kluwe's famous open ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||10/31/2012||8||14||1||-|
|Empathy for the Devil
First I feel the need to declare my bona fides. I am a Democrat. I caucus every time they come up. I have voted exclusively Democratic since the mid 1990s. Before that I voted for a Republican ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||08/03/2011||5||1||-||48|
I just got off the phone with my Minnesota state representative. He's nice guy whom I did not vote for but I'm used to having no one represent my positions in St. Paul since I live in Michelle ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||07/06/2011||17||7||-||102|
|Yay, Public Education
I just got back from my eldest child's high school graduation. I cried (in the car where no one could see me) like I did the day she went off to kindergarten -- which seems like only last year. ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||06/09/2011||3||8||-||47|
|Pastor's Prayer Pisses People Off
A few years back, when Michelle Bachmann was representing me in the Minnesota Senate district 52, she invited me to open the legislative day with prayer. This is a common practice in Minnesota for ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||05/21/2011||20||27||-||226|
|Simul Iustus got a dog. Updated with photo link.
Back in April I posted a diary asking the Kososphere opinions on getting a dog. I was surprised to have gotten so much attention. Apparently there are a lot of people who have very strong feelings ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||07/23/2010||49||25||1||64|
|I'm getting a dog. Any thoughts?
I'm in the market for a dog after being dogless ever since I grew up and moved away from home back in the late 80s. I suspect that some folks around here have both knowledge and opinion about ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||04/27/2010||241||20||-||58|
|President Obama is saving my butt. Yours too.
I live in Michelle Bachmann's district. So I see a lot of bumper stickers that read, "I want my change back" and others that are absolutely horrible. In fact, I just got back from the bank and the ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||04/09/2010||19||38||-||69|
|No, YOU talk funny.
Recently I happened to be out of state leading a lecture. Afterwards an audience member came up to me and said, “Ah kin tail yer from Minnesewta becowse yew shore deyew towk funneh.” ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||10/06/2009||52||7||1||29|
|Mainline pastor vents
I am a pastor of an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) congregation in a small town in Minnesota. So I have to be careful of a few things. Like I can't rent R rated movies in town (...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||10/04/2009||59||49||2||413|
|38,000 Mainline Christians in NOLA
And now for something completely different than the current birther/healthcare reform/Fox News apoplexy diaries my dear fellow Kossacks are so ably engaged in. I write this (my first diary) as ...
|Simul Iustus et Peccator||08/03/2009||30||39||-||174|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Simul Iustus et Peccator
- There is great excitement in some corners of the space exploration community this week, as several NASA people opened up a discussion with engineers and others outside the agency over a mysterious,81 comments 45 Recs
- I am a patriotic American. No. Really. I don't just use that as a cheap buzz word because my talking heads told me that I am. I love my country and I sincerely want to help bring her to a healthy ...20 comments 17 Recs
- Ok This is not literal. Yes I am pissed off and fuming and I think there is steam coming from my ears. However I will get my own revenge with pen and paper well Computer and DK in this case. So ...108 comments 181 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- I struggled to come up with a decent title for this one. This is about the planes that were overshadowed by their more glamorous counterparts. Everybody loves Mustangs, Spitfires and Hellcats. I ...232 comments 176 Recs
- Last August I became the Chairman of my county's Democratic Party. I've spent many sleepless nights since then trying to come up with ways to keep people engaged. I know anyone reading this laments ...27 comments 17 Recs
- is the title of this powerful New York Times column by Charles M. Blow . He is reacting in particular to the inflammatory statement by the head of the Baltimore Police Union to the demonstrations ...21 comments 41 Recs
- That was the first offensive thing my boss said to me today. It was not the last. We were building a lawn irrigation system for a large house with a small yard in downtown Chicago. Everything was ...148 comments 217 Recs
- “If you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth” - from “tax cuts create jobs” to “everyone has the same chances in America” no lie has been told more and become more accepted than “8 comments 2 Recs
Simul Iustus et Peccator's Blogroll
- No current results.