Posting History for Spit
|Disjointed thoughts on policing, poverty, race
Many of our conversations on this site currently hit at the important nexus of poverty, race, and policing. These are vital conversations; frankly, they're conversations that I feel like I've been ...
|Neither here nor there, really
I always miss the beginnings of the best kerfuffles around here, these days. To be honest, I'm okay with that, except that, you know, I've missed my chance for witty retorts, battles that may or may ...
|An appeal to please chill the *%#$ out
Like many people in this country, I spent the day of the bombings at the Boston Marathon trying hard to wrap my head around it all, scanning for whatever new info might be known, and feeling awful ...
|Moral clarity is a luxury today
And today is one of those times that, for me, renders pretty much all attempts to create a yes/no, good/bad dichotomy frankly rather shallow. I have watched the Libya arguments back and forth among ...
|Thoughts on Tradition
Granny Doc’s excellent diary and many of the incredible comments therein got me thinking this morning – this is not ...
There's been a whole heap of meta -- conversation about the blog itself and the conversation on the blog -- flying around this place, and it's been getting a lot of response, as it always has. Many ...
|Spit's California Post-Mortem: Crash the state, too!||Spit||11/08/2006||30||20||1||25|
|On Lesbians, Trannies, Queers, and Identity||Spit||04/02/2005||29||14||1||2|
|Brief notes on Bayard Rustin||Spit||01/17/2005||5||6||-||11|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Spit
- Long-shot Miliband now the favorite to become Britain’s prime minister STOCKTON-ON-TEES, ENGLAND — Even before the election campaign began, the verdict was in on Ed Miliband: He was too weak ...279 comments 140 Recs
- As I wrote previously, there were some bald-face lies in the Michigan attorney general's brief to the Supreme Court in the DeBoer v Snyder case. (This was the Michigan instance of the four marriage ...25 comments 30 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Worth reading in its entirety: First, obviously, our thoughts continue to be with the family of Freddie Gray. Understandably, they want answers. And DOJ has opened an investigation. It is working ...92 comments 114 Recs
- Update: Good lord -- Baltimore is burning! Please let this end. There have been many great diaries today on the tragic rioting in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray. Tasini's "...348 comments 466 Recs
- Last week, I wrote a diary about Martin O'Malley's views of the Student Loan Crisis. There's no doubt that one of the most important issues that needs to be discussed and debated in the ...146 comments 121 Recs
- The DKos community has meant all the difference through a roller coaster of very dark times over the last year and I want to give back. I don’t have material goods to give but I do have skills ...46 comments 106 Recs
- Tuesday in Phoenix, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's civil contempt hearing began, and the first day was a doozie. US District Judge Murray Snow ordered Sheriff Arpaio to appear at the hearing ...315 comments 636 Recs
- A day or two ago I got into a discussion with another Kossack about the attitudes on the site towards Hillary Clinton and her candidacy. My interlocutor believes that most people here are either ...438 comments 124 Recs
- For the last year, I and several others have covered the rise in seismicity in Oklahoma and Kansas . The earthquakes in these two states, coupled with earthquakes in Texas, Colorado, and Ohio, ...107 comments 190 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.