|Black Kos community
Black Kos community group. This group publishes diaries that cover a broad range of topics including black history, the arts, politics, and the culture of peoples of African descent worldwide.
Cranky Users is a group for Kossacks who think DK4 is scary or weird or hard to figure out. We're gonna hold hands, help each other out, ask dumb questions, laugh ourselves silly, and make DK4 work for us. Join the group and/or favorite the tag.
|DK Feeding America
This group, founded by noweasels, comes together for a blogathon a few times a year to help raise money to fill foodbanks.
DK GR is a forum for advocacy, education and discussion of all environmental issues, including climate change, eco justice and environmental racism, conservation of natural resources and wildlife, energy, environmental degradation, human health, pollution, water resources, resource depletion and biodiversity.
|Elders of Zion
Who we are:
We are Jews, proud and unapologetic. We practice our faith the way we see fit, not the way antisemites, the ignorant, fundamentalists of all stripes, or others who would wish us ill would like to pretend we do. Some of us are very religiously observant, others are deeply secular; Jewish identity is highly salient for some of us and just one identity among many for others. But all of us here are progressive Jews. And although we recognize that there are many p...
|Feminism, Pro-Feminism, Womanism: Feminist Issues, Ideas, & Activism
A group to promote feminist, pro-feminist (men's anti-sexist), and womanist (empowerment of women of color) perspectives, ideas, and activism both within the DailyKos community and in the larger world. Feminisms are committed to ending oppression of all kinds, with a particular but not exclusive focus on ending all forms of gender-based oppression.
|History for Kossacks
Once the name of a regularly-appearing series on DK3, History for Kossacks is now a DK4 group blog dedicated to the discussion and diarying of all things historical. Topics range from the impact of a'a' lava on ancient Hawaii to Zoroastrianism in Persia; time frame is from Australopithecus to Zulu hours today - so come on in to this dusty cave full of moldering tomes, have a seat in an overstuffed chair, and let's talk history!
I Got the News Today is intended to honor, respect, and remember the fallen, and to remind us that each casualty has family and friends who received the terrible news that their loved one has died at war. These memorial diaries are an important service to those who have died, and show our community's respect for our fallen brothers and sisters.
|IGTNT Advisory Group
The IGTNT Advisory Group invites those dedicated to remembering our troops killed while on active duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. This group is for the IGTNT followers, commenters, Veterans, non-diarists, etc. who provide support, information and advice to IGTNT. The IGTNT group has long consisted of more than just its writers: the commenters, readers and recommenders are a part of the community, too. The IGTNT Advisory Group is open to everyone. We are honored to have you.
KosAbility is a Sunday 7pm eastkost/4pm leftkost volunteer diarist community of, by & for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more about the issues.
Our use of "disability" includes temporary as well as permanent health/medical conditions, from small, gnawing problems to major, life-threatening ones. Our use of "love someone" extends to cherished members of other spec...
A group used to coordinate liveblogging for various events
|Mental Health Awareness
Mental Health Awareness is a group for promoting greater understanding of mental health issues. Personal stories about mental illness, research or opinion pieces related to the mental health field, information on ethical dilemmas in treatment, diaries regarding legislation that affect the field, articles of note in psychology and psychiatry, and any other perspectives which raise awareness about mental illness or demonstrate the importance of highlighting mental health concerns are all welcome....
|Military Community Members of Daily Kos
This is the gathering place for all military community members including veterans and their families. Our goal is two-fold: to publish diaries that help explain military life, especially family life, to civilians and to produce material that shows the military is not only culturally but politically diverse. Active duty family members are in a unique position, as we can freely express our political opinions whereas our active duty members are more likely to keep their mouths shut. That said, all...
|Native American Netroots
A forum for the discussion of political, social and economic issues affecting the indigenous peoples of the United States, including their lack of political representation, economic deprivation, health care issues, and the on-going struggle for preservation of identity and cultural history
|Netroots For The Troops®
Netroots For The TroopsÂ® is a project of Netroots for the Troops, Inc., a Virginia non-profit corporation. The organization raises money for the assembly, mailing and delivery of Care Packages to American military in war zones and to provide assistance to military families in the United States. Netroots For The Troops, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
|Occupy Wall Street
This is a clearinghouse of all posts related to the grassroots effort to return this country to Democracy.
Personal Storytellers is a group dedicated to learning more about fellow kossacks via the art of sharing personal stories. Every life is an adventure, and through sharing those adventures I hope to bring kossacks closer together.
A group of rural progressives examining the issues from a rural perspective.
|Spiritual Organization of Unapologetic Liberals at Daily Kos
This is a group for liberals and progressives of faith--no matter how defined. Members of all faiths (including "none of the above") are welcome to participate.
|The Grieving Room
The Grieving Room is a Monday evening series for those who are experiencing grief or loss.
|What Are You Working On?
This group is for all things hand-made, home-made, and creative in a variety of mediums. Some of them are even edible.
Recommended by TheFatLadySings
- Oh South Carolina, why must you taunt us so. For Katrina Shealy, being South Carolina's only female state senator means facing some unique challenges. The ...316 comments 262 Recs
- With so much debate around the seeming return of Measles - in part spurred by those who were not vaccinated, and putting more at risk, many friends have reminded me of this statement about the ...800 comments 659 Recs
- This sat 8' from my neighbor's side fence where my kids play. There is no backstop. Behind it another fence and a home immediately behind that. The back wall of the home is direct path should any ...349 comments 445 Recs
- Oklahoma Rep. Sally Kern Never mind that same-sex marriages are now legal in Oklahoma , state representative Sally Kerns has proposed a drastic law to severely punish any ...101 comments 88 Recs
- After a long day of voting, the Senate finally passed the so-called "CRomnibus," part continuing resolution, part omnibus, almost all bad. The two provisions that have been criticized the most by ...371 comments 396 Recs
- Gentlemen of the Road , which was first published as a serial in the New York Times Magazine last spring , is a self-consciously old-...92 comments 39 Recs
- In 2010, 22-year veteran St. Louis police officer James Murphy and three white officers he supervised lost a ...70 comments 193 Recs
- St. Louis is more racially segregated than many of us ...103 comments 260 Recs
- In the midst of all the doom, gloom, weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth that occurred for the Democrats yesterday, something wonderful happened. It wasn't very big. Many people probably didn't ...92 comments 259 Recs
- You see, if you're very, very stupid, how can you possibly realize that you're very, very stupid? You'd have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you are. Head below the fold to ...243 comments 436 Recs