Posting History for Via Chicago
|Pot Quietly "Legalized" in Chicago and Cook County
Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez is speaking today about changes in the way her office handles drug arrests. Buried in the story is that the office will no longer pursue charges against ...
|An Important Book No One Knows About
The Kashmiri Shawl by Joanne Dobson First and foremost, this book is a great read. Someone who cares not at all about the implications and the importance of the story being told would still love it ...
|(IL-GOV) Rauner (R) Campaign Has Sun-Times Reporter Suspended
I don't have time to do this justice this morning, but I haven't seen a diary about it and it's a pretty big f'n deal. Long time Chicago Sun Times political reporter Dave McKinney resigns after the ...
|Happy Birthday Verdi / Free Music
Tomorrow is the 200th anniversary of the birth of Giuseppe Verdi, and tomorrow night The Chicago Symphony Orchestra, with their musical director Riccardo Muti at the helm, will be performing Verdi's ...
|The New News Gathering
Technically speaking, the news coverage following the Boston Marathon bombings has been excellent. I'm not commenting on the accuracy of the reporting or the editorial and other newsroom decisions, ...
|Hatchet Wielding Homeless Hitchhiker Saves The Day
This is a viral video, or just becoming one. Kai the homeless hitchhiker, skateboarding, surfer guy, saves a woman from a man who had just rammed a PG&E employee. After saying that he had in the ...
|Be Prepared To Vote
There were long lines this morning for early voting in Chicago. Actually, they weren't that long, but they moved very slowly. The fact is the section for judges takes forever. I had my trusty ...
|Saving New Orleans - Major Update, Morganza spillway opened. Live Video.
[Update 2] Morganza Spillway opened, water flowing. Live video at wwltv.com. [Update] The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has confirmed the Morganza Spillway will be opened on Saturday. The crest ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Via Chicago
- In 1970, nuclear power was assumed to be the bright future of humanity, providing us with nearly limitless quantities of cheap clean energy for the foreseeable future. Instead, by 1980, nuclear ...32 comments 19 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...202 comments 159 Recs
- I'm off to California tomorrow at 6:10 a.m. EDT. Who the hell leaves anywhere at that hour? Ok, so, I still have to do some cleaning because a cleanfreak is coming here to to take care of Roger ...30 comments 77 Recs
- Police: 4 dead, including suspect, in Menasha shooting ☮31 comments 56 Recs
- Early in the Ferguson case, Megyn Kelly conducted an interview with an ‘anonymous source’ who claimed that Michael Brown had severely beaten Darren Wilson to the point the latter required ...139 comments 136 Recs
- After issuing Murder Indictments against the Officers who Killed Freddie Gray just 24 hrs after receiving the case from the Baltimore PD , when talking to CNN's Don Lemon, yeah Don Lemon, Maryland ...76 comments 154 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...242 comments 337 Recs
- Paul Krugman's May 1 column in the New York Times states the devastatingly obvious: Ideology and Integrity . ...Nonetheless, many in the news media will try to make the campaign about ...117 comments 248 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...77 comments 186 Recs
- Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:327 comments 415 Recs
Via Chicago's Tags
- No current results.
Via Chicago's Blogroll
- No current results.