Posting History for WakeUpNeo
|Close Call: Student Brings Rifle to Indian River High
How would you feel if you found this "Emergency Notice" on your local school web site? The purpose of this message is to inform you that today, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, a student transported a ...
|FYI: New York SAFE Act FAQ
New York SAFE Act Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) NY SAFE - Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act Below are FAQ intended to help gun owners in New York understand and comply with the NY ...
|Updated - Game over: 14 Year Old Drops Gun at Basketball Game
Thankfully only a near-tragedy this time, but could have ended much differently. At a middle school basketball game in Utica, New York the game ended early when a 14 year old teen was spotted with a ...
|Are You Surprised? - A Snapshot Profile of People with Disabilities Among a State Population
This comprehensive report from the New York State Independent Living Council (NYSILC) contains valuable information that may be eye-opening for you if you live in New York State. Elsewhere, this ...
|Watch & Share: Medicaid Rocks!
On YouTube: Medicaid Rocks! The New Mexico Center on Law and Poverty is dedicated to advancing economic and social justice through education, advocacy and litigation. We work with low-income New ...
|Breaking: General John Allen drawn into Petraeus Investigation
Several sources are currently reporting that Gen. John Allen, the top American commander in Afghanistan, "is under investigation for alleged inappropriate communication with a woman at the center of ...
|A Veterans Day Reflection, and the Values of our Commander-in-Chief
Daily Kos members and readers regularly and faithfully honor the service and sacrifice of our Service Members and Veterans, all year around, year after year: I Got the News Today is a diary series ...
|Center for Disability Rights shares GOTV message
The Center for Disability Rights (CDR) works all year long to support seniors and people with disabilities living in the community. What follows is a GOTV message from CDR with a clear focus on ...
|Collateral Damage: Military Families as Mitt Romney Targets Big Bird
From today's Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) Blog: Mobile Devices Bring Sesame Street’s Message of Resilience to Military Families Posted by Lynn Chwatsky, Sesame Workshop vice president of ...
|Breaking at NYT: Inquiry on Tax Strategy Adds to Scrutiny of Finance Firms (Bain, others)
FYI to draw your attention to this breaking news just announced via email by the New York Times --- someone with more knowledge than me regarding financial matters might want to pick up the ball.
|Photos: Honoring Sgt. Samuel Nichols, USMC
Please see photographs at the link below: Sgt. Samuel Nichols, USMC Sam’s Retirement from the Marines August 11, 2012 Today was Sam’s retirement ceremony from the Marines. He is officially ...
|Update: Please Stop All State-Funded Torture of People with Disabilities at Judge Rotenberg Center
The struggle to end the ongoing practice of torture against people with disabilities at a so-called "school" in Massachusetts is not yet over. This update comes to advise you of an action by Occupy ...
|Please Help Stop All State-Funded Torture of People with Disabilities at the Judge Rotenberg Center
Human rights activists, families and allies will rally in Boston on Saturday, June 2, 2012 to seek an immediate end to all ongoing state-funded torture of individuals with autism and related ...
|Celebrate the Life, Spirit and Legacy of Katie Beckett
Readers here may be familiar with important changes to Medicaid law and regulations that resulted from the advocacy efforts of an Iowa family to pioneer what became known as the "Katie Beckett ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by WakeUpNeo
- Hello. I'm a monster. Not just any kind of monster. Vampires and werewolves get to star in movies. They're monsters, but they can also be heroes. I'm the worst kind of monster. I'm a sex offender. ...61 comments 11 Recs
- 19 comments 6 Recs
- The evolving story of my meditation practice begins, more or less, with a story about yoga. Late in 2013, I began a daily hatha yoga practice to control stress and to increase personal stamina ...30 comments 50 Recs
- This sort of thing simply transcends my capacity to comprehend. This is a breaking story, and nobody knows much. His wife and oldest daughter were not at the house at the time. Folks will soon be ...19 comments 12 Recs
- The usual annoucement: WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and share advice, pootie pictures, favorite adult beverages, and ...115 comments 35 Recs
- Our beloved Swampyankee is $1500 behind on her bills for heat and electric and is almost out of food. She is in CT, just got home a little bit ago(about two weeks) from her third angioplasty, and ...225 comments 172 Recs
- More, more, more. Short version: "States' rights" is for suckers . The National Rifle Association (NRA) and other Second Amendment ...188 comments 49 Recs
- Copenhagen cafe shooting took the life of 55 year old film director and wounded three police ...223 comments 21 Recs
- Amazing and harrowing story about Morris Bounds who lost his house and almost his life in the CSX oil train wreck that occurred in WV along the Kanawha River on Monday afternoon. Bounds had been ...12 comments 31 Recs
- 280 comments 266 Recs
- No current results.