Below you'll find recent contributions related to WePartyPatriots's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Fox reports police shooting in Baltimore, then retracts: 'Nobody has been shot'
Fox News made a major oops on Monday afternoon, and not of the usual Fox News kind. This wasn't a partisan lie about Obamacare or anything like that. No, a Fox ...
|Keith Ellison Re TPP: POTUS has "some definition of secrecy he knows that I don’t know"
|Mitt Romney denies the reality of mass incarceration
Wow, Mitt Romney. Just wow. At a time when even many Republicans are pretending to care about ...
|The conservative answer on Baltimore: Blame the teachers
Kimberley Strassel What's responsible for Baltimore's problems? Republicans need answers other than "massive economic inequality, racism, and police violence," and when Republicans need answers but ...
|Republicans claim to care about inequality, but what would they do about it?
Jeb Bush Is this Mitt Romney's big legacy? Republican presidential candidates are straining to show that they really, really care about ...
|Media's Hillary obsession doesn't extend to what the Clinton Foundation actually does
Former President Bill Clinton is pushing back against the attacks on the Clinton Foundation's ...
|Republican clown car gets a little more crowded as Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina enter the race
Carly Fiorina The vast Republican presidential field is quickly shifting from one composed mostly of likely candidates to one of candidates who are all in. These days that's a largely technical ...
|Race, Class and Neglect
is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...
|A brief but powerful video from Jeremy Scahill
I thank MsSpentyouth for the Facebook post that made me aware of it. As far as i could tell it had not yet been shared here. Watch and then respond in the comments. Follow this link to the ...
|Another update on Felicity
Our now three-legged cat came home just before Noon yesterday. We have her in a downstairs room. After several times when she hid behind bookcases where we could not reach her, I emptied the ...
|"Freddie Gray Never Had a Chance"
is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...
|This week in the war on workers: Death on the job
This week, in honor of Workers Memorial Day, the AFL-CIO released its Death on the Job report. Some facts: In ...
|Obama touts education programs in weekly address
In a global economy, we’ve got to help ensure that everyone, of every age, in every zip code—urban and rural—has the chance to learn the skills that lead directly to a good job. President ...
| Must-read from Ta-Nehisi Coates on Baltimore
When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, ...
|Some context to recent events in Baltimore
If you want some context to the recent events in Baltimore, read the piece linked below. Let me note as one who has taught just outside Baltimore for the past two years (first in Glen Burnie and ...
|From Oakland to Baltimore. Labor & Community Against Police Terror on May Day.
A simple tweetpic essay. from the 510 to the 410 pic.twitter.com/3EhcbjcnWw — m4rg1n4L (@marg1nal) May 1, 2015 Putting the final touches on chalk art at Oscar Grant Plaza before the march ...
|an update on Felicity
Yesterday, in this posting , I explained about our youngest (at 12 years 7 months) rescued cat, her cancer, and her forthcoming leg amputation because of a tumor that encircled the leg. She had to ...
|Bernie Sanders, Champion of Tax Fairness, often "the lone voice in the Senate"
The robbery of our money by the wealthy and corporations and the placing of a heavier tax burden on regular people is one of the key drivers of class warfare in this country. When corporations and ...
|Baltimore's curfew hits service workers and small businesses hard
If you work something close to a 9-5 schedule, a 10 p.m. ...
|UPDATED: Asst Wayne Cty prosecutor re: Baltimore protesters: "Shoot em. Period. End of discussion."
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...
|Where are the New York Times and Washington Post reports on 'Clinton Cash' errors?
What do you know. The New York Times ...
|House Benghazi czar details his conditions for not looking through Hillary Clinton's email server
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) Hmm. Hmmmm. Rep. Trey Gowdy, the chair of the House Benghazi Committee, ...
|Jeb Bush: 'I'm a total nerd' for racism with a scientific veneer
Jeb Bush ...
|Clinton campaign knocks Republican effort to block D.C. anti-discrimination law
House Republicans voted Thursday to block a Washington, D....
|Sometimes what matters can change in an instant
and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...
|The Only Chart You Need To Pick a President
I was born in 1979. It's a year that many economists have now found to be a turning point. From the end of the Great Depression until the year I was born, American productivity and prosperity ...
|Daily Kos Labor digest: Port truck drivers explain why they're striking
Here's more on the strike. In other news: University of Chicago nurses narrowly avert a strike . Here are all the ...
|"Fast Track" (AKA "Corporations Get More Say Than Congress Act") On Life Support
You'all know what "Fast track" is. I like to think of it as the "Corporations Get More Say Than Congress" Act. And it's sucking wind, on life support, headed for the trash bin. Hey, just call me an ...
|House Republicans voting to override D.C. anti-discrimination law, because 'liberty'
At his Thursday press conference, House Speaker John ...
|Who's the more 'serious' presidential candidate: Rand Paul or Bernie Sanders?
Sen. Bernie Sanders (R-VT)
|Screw $10.10, Democrats now pushing for a $12 minimum wage
Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...
|Washington Post struggles with the idea that Hillary Clinton is not the same person as her husband
Not a picture of conjoined twins. A ...
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|The Failure of Privatization
Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase ...
|T C Gibian||04/26/2015||11|
|It's long past time to take away Obama's flying death robots
Back in 2013, in the aftermath of his murder of Americans Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year old son, when Mr. Obama was trying to justify his arrogated powers to incinerate people with his fleet of ...
|Art That Keeps Me Going (Part Two): Street Prophets Thursday Coffee Hour
Welcome to Coffee Hour. This is an open topic thread so help yourself to the goodies and sit a spell and let us know what is new with you. I've always loved art. I have been doing it all my life. ...
|The Future of the Middle Class: Slumlords, sharecroppers, and racist vigilantes
In case you missed it, the billionaires' final solution to the problem of the American middle class (as created by FDR) has been underway since the 2008 crash. For six centuries there has been a ...
Recommended by WePartyPatriots
- After Republican Lou Barletta refused to sign a clean campaign pledge, it was obvious he planned to go negative if he had to. After seeing bad polling numbers, he dumped a ton of money into TV ads, ...6 comments 3 Recs
- Congressional candidate Gene Stilp travels around with a giant inflatable pink pig called Pignelope to represent the government corruption and waste. What, do you have a better idea? You definitely ...1 comments 4 Recs
- Uploaded with ImageShack.us This has been a sleeper race but it's also been getting some attention. Well-known local activist, Gene Stilp (D), who's eccentric and amusing campaign style will be ...2 comments 7 Recs
- I think this more or less speaks for itself. It's a company checklist showing lots of broken, damaged, or unsafe equipment. The checklist is from a ...3 comments 14 Recs
- At the Economic Policy Institute, Josh Bivens and Andrew Fieldhouse have evaluated the job-creation impact of the budget proposals of President Obama and Mitt Romney. The duo warns that their ...15 comments 27 Recs
- In the newly drawn 11th Congressional District in PA, there is something happening. Something big, something exciting. Not the conventional campaign, but an extremely effective one, with the kind ...13 comments 14 Recs
- It has been an emotional rollercoaster for progressives across the board ever since Scott Walker’s billionaire backers successfully bought the state of Wisconsin. The blatant manner in ...6 comments 4 Recs
- We already know that our legislators haven't done a very good job protecting our pocketbooks, our livelihoods, and our homes from corporate influence. From the deregulation and "look the ...3 comments 11 Recs
- This past Tuesday, I hosted a forum in Highland Park, Michigan regarding the legal implications of Michigan’s Emergency Manager’s Law. At the forum, I issued a House Judiciary Democratic Staff ...57 comments 263 Recs
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker ran a lot of television ads during the signature-gathering period of the recall effort against him. In the ads he claims that he did what he said he would do when he ...234 comments 419 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.